Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 4.13.17 (Read 37 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Holly doesn't need a union, she needs a DOL audit. There's no way a paralegal should be on an exempt salary basis. She should be hourly and eligible for overtime. You can go to the Dept. of Labor anonymously and request an audit, you know. Nothing will change until that level of activity happens.

CallMeDan, I usually have Tramps' experience with the weight. In fact, I think I've found some of those missing pounds of yours. You can have them back though, really.

Re-introductions? Didn't we do that already? Hi I'm evanflein, Erika IRL, and I think since Troy and Trackrat aren't around anymore, I'm the only Alaskan in the group. I usually spend about 6 months of the year extolling the beauty and IRC (Ideal Running Conditions) of where I live, about 3 months of the year tolerating it and the other 3 months complaining about it. We're currently beginning the 6 month stage...

Lori, do you really get Good Friday off from work? I've never worked where religious holidays were observed. And no, Christmas doesn't count as that's gotten to be dreadfully commercial and secular. Hope the Hub is ok.

Leslie, my mom (former ANP) always said for every doctor in the world, we need five good nurses as they're the ones who really provide the care most people need. GL with your search for relief. And no, night sweats don't count (kinda wish they did sometimes).

Tramps, I really need to work on pacing too. I'll go out for an "easy" run, find the first few miles faster than planned and say ok, what the heck, it's a GA run day! Or even (gasp) a tempo or LT day... I'm really bad that way and always have been. But today, I will do better! After that 8+ mile hilly run yesterday, my legs are saying easy is in order. I'll let you know how it goes.

And hey, check out the race report thread! Starr posted about her Chilly Cheeks 10 miler, and Happy Feat (Amy) dropped by, too!

Ya. Unlike Holly, I do work in a unionized setting so I do get Good Friday off.

I have 3 adult children. 2 are at home still. One with her SO while they save enough for a home. Sooner I hope than later.

Hubby is OK. Just something we have to live with. Seizures suck.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

spacityrunner

2.3 hot and sweaty lunchtime miles around the workplace.  27 min so not to bad.  77f at 7 p.m. is just wrong for this time of year.  We are going to have a sufferfest this summer.

Liz:  Civil Servant for the feds.  Started posting on coolrunning then came to RA when coolrunning blew up.  Live in Hot springs Village AR.  Did live in DC when I started posting.  Single, no kids, 2 cats and a dog.  Boring boring boring   Getting ready to retire soon...(like this year or next).  I like trail running the best, street running 2nd best.  Have met up with sooooo many of you and had a blast.  Hope those of you I've hung out with can say the same 

Trails Rock!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Erika, yeah, it's about 1.7 miles up above timberline to the turn-around and a more direct 1.4 down that I used to be able to do at my fastest in a little under 45-minutes up  and 15-minutes flying down, respectively.  However, for some reason. I was never able to break below an hour. Ended up in the hospital with about two dozen other runners once though. Whew.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Erika, yeah, it's about 1.7 miles up above timberline to the turn-around and a more direct 1.4 down that I used to be able to do at my fastest in a little under 45-minutes up  and 15-minutes flying down, respectively.  However, for some reason. I was never able to break below an hour. Ended up in the hospital with about two dozen other runners once though. Whew.

taperboy, your postings always make me smile.

Once again, we had a great RA family thread today. This place keeps me engaged and motivated.

Running, I did run 4 miles today before my meeting with my water station crew for the Omak Orchards in Bloom Half marathon and 10k.  Next step, run the course to ensure it's accuracy. Then comes the huge task to find a race course cleaning crew... in frontier, rural America, a cleaning crew is needed to ensure that all garbage is picked up before the race. Enough said.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard