Masters Running

Thursdaily, 12.13.18 (Read 33 times)

An easy 4 in very windy conditions with steadily falling temps!

Happy running all!

Bailed on the after work treadmill run after 1.5 miles because I was coughing.  That was enough!  4.6 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Recovery Thursday

4 @ 8:22

Watching out for donuts, trying to avoid having to file a harassment lawsuit.

Now, on the way to pick up a new used treadmill for the life accomplice. The NordicTrack e4400 control board bit the dust, so grasping another craigslist free treadmill to replace it. Or maybe...scavenge parts...depends on how nice the "new" one is.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Henrun

A  very frigid but sunny 2 miles this morning followed by an OT session to torture my finger. Its getting better but still swollen a bit.

Re weight: physiologically women have a harder time losing weight than men but, this time of year its tough for everyone- resist, ressist😇.

Went to see “The Favourite” yesterday, a movie that the critics called one of the best of the year but, like other viewers, we were disappointed-a confusing and slow movie at times.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, 6+ this morning.  Temps in the upper 30s.  After work I joined the "Christmas Lights Ride."  It was an easy paced ride through neighborhoods to look at the Christmas lights.  Fun, weather mostly cooperated; some wind and it was threatening to rain as we were wrapping up.  11.3 easy bike miles.

I failed to mention that during the National Security Course I attended last summer we did get a briefing on the threat posed to the United States by doughnuts.  We didn't get any real insight on how to defend against this threat.  I did suggest bringing in an expert, but apparently Homer Simpson is a fictional character.

RunnerKSA, Do like the new kicks.

Holly, the briefing did stress being alert, they attack pretty much with no warning.

Have a greta night everyone!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Hi Mike! How's that Christmas letter coming along?

It's done...but all that goes with it isn't...it's a long story.  Maybe, I'll have time to tell you all about it, this weekend...oh, yay...I'll bet you can't wait.

Every Thursday, we have a meeting at work and somebody always brings in donuts.  I love donuts.  I could a dozen in one sitting.  But I haven't had one in...I'm sure it's been over 15 years.  I just don't allow myself to even think about it.  Eventually, I'm going to start enjoying life again.

Dave--I wish I was as good at my job as you are at yours.  In fact, all of you in here, seem to be really good at your jobs.  I'm not.  I wish I had a job that I was "the best".   Hopefully, I'll get to retire in 10 years and then it won't matter how good or bad I was.

Wow...it must be "Feel Sorry for Mike Day".  Maybe I should go have a donut to cheer myself up...and a bowl of ice cream...and some pecan pie...oh...banana pudding.  My mom used to make the world's best banana pudding.  Okay--I'll stop,

Hey!  I ran 6 miles, today.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Sorry for yet another flyby post - I do read all your comments just too tired again to comment 😫

Thursday special - Spin, Body Pump, 4.2 miles on the mill with 4 sets .25 mile pickups in the middle -- just didn't feel like changing into winter gear after 2 classes to run in 15 degrees!!

Nite all 😴😴

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

I failed to mention that during the National Security Course I attended last summer we did get a briefing on the threat posed to the United States by doughnuts.  We didn't get any real insight on how to defend against this threat.  I did suggest bringing in an expert, but apparently Homer Simpson is a fictional character.

Holly, the briefing did stress being alert, they attack pretty much with no warning.

Snork!

Mike - I don't believe it for a minute - I am quite sure you are a benefit to any company you work for.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."