Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 3.16.14 (Read 43 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya all!

Paul, congratulations on the AG and on finishing that challenging run.

Tammy, thanks so much for sharing that story about David.  It is really something special, from your feelings to the youngster looking up to him.

Deez, have you always been that speedy?

Kevin, ouch!  Keep us posted, please,  on your hamstring.

Mari, love the bald eagles, thanks so much.

Carolyn, you have such fortitude.  Just tough physically and mentally.

Oh, and I appreciate your photo, too.

Leslie, 

Steve 

Dave59, the physical is a good idea.  Let us know if you find out anything.

Agree tw, brag away, its good to read.

Hi Tramps!

Robin, lol at obsessively checking weather.  Me too!

Ribs, 8:18 isn't a good pace?

Jlynne, you are funny!

Hi Holly!

Where's Erika?

Ran the Asheville marathon in NC today.  Rained just for us.  Yesterday was beautiful and rain ended this afternoon.  We got 44 degrees and showers Got an AG with 3:53; it was a small race.

Bye for now,

Grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mariposai

Hiya all!

Paul, congratulations on the AG and on finishing that challenging run.

Tammy, thanks so much for sharing that story about David.  It is really something special, from your feelings to the youngster looking up to him.

Deez, have you always been that speedy?

Kevin, ouch!  Keep us posted, please,  on your hamstring.

Mari, love the bald eagles, thanks so much.

Carolyn, you have such fortitude.  Just tough physically and mentally.

Oh, and I appreciate your photo, too.

Leslie, 

Steve 

Dave59, the physical is a good idea.  Let us know if you find out anything.

Agree tw, brag away, its good to read.

Hi Tramps!

Robin, lol at obsessively checking weather.  Me too!

Ribs, 8:18 isn't a good pace?

Jlynne, you are funny!

Hi Holly!

Where's Erika?

Ran the Asheville marathon in NC today.  Rained just for us.  Yesterday was beautiful and rain ended this afternoon.  We got 44 degrees and showers Got an AG with 3:53; it was a small race.

Bye for now,

Grins,

A

Thank you so much for this recap. I really, really appreciate the effort you, Jay and others put into the recaps. I would do it, but my life is way too busy right now, but I hope that will change come June when my community work plus my real work will become less hectic.

Today was day two of measuring the course for the orchards in bloom. My DH biked the course, I followed him as his support crew. I tell you, I now have a total new respect for certified c courses. Wow...it takes a lot of work.

5 miles today for a 55 mile week. Feeling good, specially after spending the whole afternoon playing in the dirt and freeing the tulips, daffodils and other early spring flowers from the leaves we have put on them for winter cover.

Cheers!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

That sunrise is fabulous.

What time is dinner Jlynn?

I want a club house too Tammy.

Brag on TW.

You're a beast TomS

DW and I took the dogs out on the trails. The snowmobile paths are still firm enough to support my hairy half acre backside. DW was leading as it was single file wide (and I love it when she makes discoveries). Tag ran past me with a stick, then dared me to take it from him. Michelle decided she needed it too. He was stuck between us. When he'd make an escape attempt off the trail, he's fall through the cust like top and sink in the deep snow. I got the stick . When we got done, I called Dad who is in FL. bI told him I did not want to be an adult anymore and asked him to come get me. He said that the days of Candy Land are over. Also that he used to cheat so I'd win and he didn't have to listen to me cry.

Here's a selfie from yesterday. We're pretty angry that spring ain't sprunging.

I'm the one in the Batman shirt...Oh wait...The dog is the one who is embarrassed.

SteveP

NHLA

6 miles 57 min  Champion Hills  Raining but not cold.

aamos  It was a wet day.  Great time for that course,

C-R

Very nice Steve.

I managed 4 miles today after 3 soccer games in KY that included 30 mph winds, 35 degrees and SLEET. Yay. Sometimes being a coach is tough but the kids played so well considering. Tough they are.

My marathon training is going down the tubes due to work travel and what not. I think it is time to focus on shorter distances and run the marathon for fun. Wait what? No more racing and chasing PRs for a while for me. I can't squeeze 10lbs into a 5lb bag.

Good night all and type at you soon.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Love the stories TW---Keep them coming. I got something in my eye as I read what your father said to your mother at the end. Perfect. A good man raised a good son and passed on some fabulous wit and humor. Don't stop bragging. And as you say to us---Peace to your heart.

Love the photo SteveP and yes, Tag does look a bit embarrassed!

Thanks for all the recaps folks! I appreciate ever more those who type them out.

Ran a 1/2 marathon today---USATF-NE Grand Prix series race in New Bedford--bright blue skies, cold, and clear with some serious wind in spots. Great day for the team as the men won the open competition, the open women's team placed 5th and we masters women placed fourth (by just 15 seconds...dang!) I ran a 1:33 and my masters teammates were close behind in 1:35:07 and 1:35 20 something. The overall women's winner was Olympian Kim Smith in 1:11 and the men's winner ran to a 1:05. Fast, fast field and lots of fun. I hope you had a good day Denise...sorry I didn't see you---big race and big crush of folks at end. We headed home fairly soon after since we had a 2 hour plus drive.  I ran pretty evenly and had an assignment from coach to run between 1:32:30 and 1:34, so was happy to hit it----peaking for Boston, roar.

Sayhey! MM#130

Karin, you are such a rock star, whoosh!

Thanks, NHLA.  Hoping it was a  good training run for Boston;  there were hills!

C-R, exactly,  just have fun.

Oh, anyone else in wave 3 at Boston?   I only know Karin is wave 2 and Rob is wave 1.

Steve and Tag, love you guys!

Mari, I think Steve is trying to get your attention with those butterfly wings....

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Bedtime for me but wanted to share my run story. I have 5 miles on the schedule so got ready after church, temp some went down from 32to 19 but it was sunny. I retrieved the iPod from the computer where I thing hit it was charging, but it was dead. I think you have to turn the blaster thing ON to me it charge So tried that. I don't mind techy devices but they must be intuitive. MrPod is not!  since I am still Garminless he is my only source of frustration.  Well, that and the dogs. While waiting for the pod to charge we took Smokey and Bandit out for a walk/run.  They did not get into too much trouble or get too dirty. A nice 45 minute walk with Mr Starr. His feet didn't hurt one bit, what a difference two big toe nails, a part of the pinky and some other minor bones removed.  Through his surgeries I kept telling hum of a runner I know who had his big toenails removed too. I thinkI even have a picture of that. Anyway, I am so glad that he is not in pain anymore, it was certainly worth it. He is aiming to get in shape for an Elk hunting trip this fall.

We got back with the dogs and then I went out to run the same loop a little faster. All told, it should suffice for my five mile. Sunny and not too chilly. on Saturday morning I met with my coach (profile diet) and the time flew by. She is a tiny, energetic, affectionate Zumba teacher from Honduras.  She has been doing triathlons, so we talked about that a bit. Everyone I talk to is doing or has done tris, my friend, Jessice, Pastor Jonah, the high school teacher at the pool Friday night.  I had a sprint tri on my radar but it is just 9 weeks away now. I think I can, I think I can....I am Dow five pounds this week. If I count the weigh-on there scale fully clothed, I could make that a ten pound loss but it is really just five.

If anyone wants a room at Yellowstone the week of Memorial Day you can't get one, I got the last one. I didn't realize how hard those are to get.

goodnight ladies and gentlemen, I will do shoutouts tomorrow.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Love the stories TW---Keep them coming. I got something in my eye as I read what your father said to your mother at the end. Perfect. A good man raised a good son and passed on some fabulous wit and humor. Don't stop bragging. And as you say to us---Peace to your heart.

Love the photo SteveP and yes, Tag does look a bit embarrassed!

Thanks for all the recaps folks! I appreciate ever more those who type them out.

Karin said all that so well, I'll just say +1!

Awesome job for David, Tammy! That is so cool!

Hi Aamos! I'm here, just not regular. Too much going on. We've been having absolutely gorgeous weather though, and I've been out running in it! The problem with the warmer temps we had last week (low 40's) is that things got pretty slippery and the "hardpack" got kind of soft. I think the slipping caught up with me because I've got an ouchie hip flexor... or something like that. Front medial side of hip, feels more like a tendinitis issue than a muscle issue, but whatever, tomorrow will be a rest day to give it a break. Hurts when I walk, not really when I run. Of course, I realize that just because it doesn't hurt when I run doesn't mean that running doesn't hurt it.... So....

12.1 miles today, just under 8:30 pace overall and more or less a negative split. Took some breaks to stretch (gently) and laterally move the leg to easy the hip thing, and felt pretty good even though I underestimated the temperature and over dressed a bit. Gives me 53.6 miles for the week. I seem to be able to run a lot of weekly miles, I just can't run a lot of miles in any one run. Rats on that.

Marathon Maniac #957

my Mom's name was Ann

and

Pop's last words were ''Annie, take my Hand''.................which was perfect.......

This is beautiful....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Nana_

I was hoping to pop in here daily but I think it's been a week for me already?

I'm still in my beginner-mode, Tu/Th shorter and a Weekend Long Run.  (Run/Walk Gallo-slowpoke)

M, W, F   I did 15, then 20, and then 25 mintues training progression

Sunday plan was a 2.5 mile for the LongRun portion of the week so I hopped into a 5K and walked the first 0.6 and counted the remainder as my LongRun for the week.  Very fun and got myself a new "in my 50s" PR over last week's PR

I'll try to be back tonight and catch up on the Monday doings