Masters Running

Thursday 2/19 Winter is STILL here runs and such .... (Read 517 times)

tselbs- I am still trying to figure out what happened to the other 8 kinds of people Big grin Holly-I don't mean to complain but did you have to send your wind east today? Sheesh Ribs-Way to sneak in that midweek 9 miler. Or is that a late week 9 miler because you are a Sunday to Saturday week person? JLynne-I am also a Top Chef fan, one of the 2 shows I watch. I was sad to see Fabio go. Stefan is too cocky, I don't want him to win but he probably will. For me today, an easy 5.25 mile run around the neighborhood where my gym is. It was windy but my legs felt fairly fresh. Then after the run it was 50 ring dips, .25 miles on the treadmill, 50 pushups, .25 miles on the treadmill, and 50 handstand pushups, and .25 miles on the treadmill. Total distance of 6 miles and tired triceps and shoulders. Total time on the indoor portion of the workout was 20:15.
    dg.

Dg, yes. I kinda like it! Seeing positive results I think....
      You think??? Wink Thanks, I've been looking at their website. It's interesting. I assume you read the book? enke, that's great news! TomS, that was funny. I hope Saturday goes well for you. Sue you must have that helpless look down pretty well. Smile
        8 miles, 5 @ tempo, 43F? sunny 2 mile w/u @ 10:55 then tempo over hills (includes 2 100ft hills and smaller rollers) 9:33 9:31 9:21 9:25 9:09 1 mile c/d @ 11:35 I was pretty happy with this workout. I was thinking about a 6th tempo mile, but was also feeling a bit exhausted. My hope is to get this tempo portion up to 8 or 9 miles (perhaps at a slower pace) before I run any more HM's. tetsujin, I might be seeing you tonight!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

tetsujin, I might be seeing you tonight!
          great workout enkie...wow.....those tempo times are terrific. please give a huge hug for the taperboy for me..and francesca and dave too...and ask each one of them to give you a hug from me. yeah ribs, I think you are right...the 10 miler on Monday, plus the unhappy asthma, plus my crankyness yesterday probably were the culprits for the w/o to be a bit harder last night. Legs, mind and body feel great today and tomorrow is a new day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Those poor border patrol agents - do you think shoveling sh-- is in their job description? I would have let the cows keep it! Ahh...Woodstock and Country Joe's "Fixin' to Die Rag." Some great music from that festival, yes? I was a junior in high school wishing I could go to Max Yaeger's farm. Cranium - Fabio is gone! I was soooo disappointed. Gee - the guy is trying to help his grandmother. That's got to be worth something! I don't like Stephan either, but I think that he and Hosea are going to screw each other up so badly that Karla is going to win. You watch - she's been doing better every week. Like Holly, my motivation was in the tank today. 4.5 miles on the dreadmill (snowed here last night, no way I was running outside). Maybe the treadmill does suck the energy out of you. I find it so much easier - and more pleasant - to run outside. If only it would quit snowing. Mary, hope your headache is better. Tim - you sound like you're firing on all cylinders again. Just be careful, okay? Tom - feel better soon. I haven't felt well or had any energy for over 2 weeks. Plus, the stomach flu has hit with full vengeance at the school where I work. We had a whole bunch go home again today. Shouldn't the flu/cold season be coming to an end soon?
            wildchild

Carolyn

Sending good energy vibes to those of you low on it today! Mr Bill: faster than a speeding Porsche! Big grin Perch, I know what you mean about annoying runners who jabber away during a race. Sometimes you just have to speed up and get past them so you don't have to listen anymore! Robert, good shit, man! Clowning around Enke, good job on the tempo run today. It's another lovely day here in sunny Colorado. 47° and breezy. I had extra energy today, as I only ran a pitiful 4.9 miles in the last 3 days combined. So I got out and ran 6 miles at lunchtime on kind of a hilly trail, avg pace 10:58.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

<quote pid=" <i>wow. that must be some good shit.</i> ok then.</quote> we are having lots of fun with this here in the office. more elliptical for me, more boring. busy, but keeping up on y'all via your posts. grins, a pid=""></quote pid=" <i>wow. that must be some good shit.</i> ok then.</quote> we are having lots of fun with this here in the office. more elliptical for me, more boring. busy, but keeping up on y'all via your posts. grins, a>
                Masters 2000 miles
                TammyinGP

at a loss for words Aamos? Tongue

Tammy

evanflein

Perch, I know what you mean about annoying runners who jabber away during a race.
                    Ok... I'm going to do my best to not take this personally. During last year's Boston Marathon, after running with him for a few miles, I realized I hadn't shut up much and Perch was just running along getting maybe one word in here and there... Maybe that's why I lost him at that water stop...? Blush 5 miles easy RAL today. Holly, the paste reference is to that sweet-smelling white paste that kindergartners are fond of tasting. Some develop quite the taste for it, apparently, and can't resist the urge to sample. I hadn't heard it used in that manner, but it's used in this other forum for going off plan and running too fast or too far just because you could. (Apparently I eat paste quite a bit) Hey Aamos, keep it brief, ok?
                    xor

The sweet paste is a good pairing with the more savory playdough.

PJH

Tim - 3 months of no running and you didn't lose much fitness? I'm impressed. I took the month of December off and have cut back mileage as well ... I feel like I've lost everything ... back to square one as they say. Undecided 60 tough minutes on the treadmill tonight at 10 mpm. It's very cold outside, but the real issue is the wind. I don't mind the cold, but when it's windy it's not fun. Not that the treadmill is any better ... really boring tonight. I was watching an old Sydney Poitier movie .."They call me Mr. Tibbs". I'm a bit of a CSI fan today. They've come a long way in solving TV murders between then and now. I think Sydney Poitier is still living and is 80+ now. Nice running everyone. PJ
                        TammyinGP

60 tough minutes on the treadmill tonight at 10 mpm. PJ
                          dang - 10 miles per minute . . . Shocked and you've lost fitness? square one? you're much too modest PJ Tongue

Tammy

Staying with the new and Rib's approved plan ,I ran 4 miles @ recovery pace. Slow and healing settng up a tempo run tomorrow. I must say with just a few changes and giving some real meaning to every day and every run I now feel I am on the right track. Every day has a reason unlike my previous plan of , "run hard some, run some easy and take a few days off "plan. that Rib's guy is pretty nice I don't care what Tim says. Wink Great runs everyone, Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

I thought he was Snoopy's bird friend. Confused
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM