Masters Running

4/1/19 no foolin' (Read 44 times)

Econo- good to have you back!   I find the RA font to be small even on my computer!  It's the one negative....

Did 3.1 miles outside from work this afternoon.  It was 54 and nice, but still a nip in the air.  6.3 for the day to start the month.

I'm in a Twitter argument with a reporter for our newspaper here.  She wrote an article on this petition our subdivision signed (80 out of 95 homeowners signed) about redistricting the schools we are in.  Doesn't affect me as far as kids, but does affect our property values etc.  Anyway, the article was fair and fine, but she published the entire petition, including all the names, addresses and signatures of the 80 signees.  In other words, the entire neighborhood is laid out for any "bad guys" and it is a complete privacy and security breach.  Yes- it is a public filing and available to go see, but printing all of our names and signatures in the paper!   The possibilities for identity theft and wrong doing are endless.   "Hey, Debra, your next door neighbor Karen asked me to come see you and check on your water heater!"   Or setting up a credit card account online....      The reporter said it won't be in the print edition, but it sure is all there online.   I think it is irresponsible.  I do a lot of legal work in the data privacy area  (ask me about store employees taking customer information when they sign up for the affinity program and sexting them.....) and this is just not OK.  Ugh.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went to the track to do speed work for the first time in a very long time.  The goal was to do 6x800 in 3:00 with 400 recovery.  Since this is only my second week back to running, since my marathon, I gave myself permission to back off the pace and just do what felt comfortable.  I ended up with 3:05 - 2:58 - 3:01 - 2:58 - 2:58 - 2:54.  I'm happy with that.

Okay--gotta go.  Debbie is yelling at me to come and eat.  See ya!

Joe618

Hello everybody!

I went to the track to do speed work for the first time in a very long time.  The goal was to do 6x800 in 3:00 with 400 recovery.  Since this is only my second week back to running, since my marathon, I gave myself permission to back off the pace and just do what felt comfortable.  I ended up with 3:05 - 2:58 - 3:01 - 2:58 - 2:58 - 2:54.  I'm happy with that.

Okay--gotta go.  Debbie is yelling at me to come and eat.  See ya!

Chow down, Mike.

And Yasso aficionados will immediately see why your chose your target and those of us who have followed you are not the least bit surprised that you hit the targets.    Well done.

Enjoy dessert.    And say hi to Debbie.

Econo, thanks for popping in!!   Browse all you want, say Hi if you feel like it, no worries!!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Joe618

I'm in a Twitter argument with a reporter for our newspaper here.  She wrote an article on this petition our subdivision signed (80 out of 95 homeowners signed) about redistricting the schools we are in.  Doesn't affect me as far as kids, but does affect our property values etc.  Anyway, the article was fair and fine, but she published the entire petition, including all the names, addresses and signatures of the 80 signees.  In other words, the entire neighborhood is laid out for any "bad guys" and it is a complete privacy and security breach.  Yes- it is a public filing and available to go see, but printing all of our names and signatures in the paper!   The possibilities for identity theft and wrong doing are endless.   "Hey, Debra, your next door neighbor Karen asked me to come see you and check on your water heater!"   Or setting up a credit card account online....      The reporter said it won't be in the print edition, but it sure is all there online.   I think it is irresponsible.  I do a lot of legal work in the data privacy area  (ask me about store employees taking customer information when they sign up for the affinity program and sexting them.....) and this is just not OK.  Ugh.

So is this an immature reporter who didn't think about the privacy aspects or someone with an agenda who wants to call out people who petition for a view different than hers?    Any idea? 

In many respects, having it in the on-line version is worse than in the print....far easier to send links, copy and paste, from the digital version.   And who reads physical papers any more??  (I know, some do...sorry...just looking at the vastly diminished audience for newsprint vs 20 years ago).

Hope you can find some accommodation.    Yikes.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

I think just an immature reporter or one who just didn’t think about what she was doing.  This isn’t exactly a barn-burner of an issue and the text of the article was pretty innocuous.   I am REALLY not someone who is parantoid about privacy with respect to myself-  I’m all over social media etc.  That ship has sailed.  But to map out the whole subdivision with names, addresses and signatures?????  It will be a good resource if I forget the name of someone but I know their house!  Smile

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

. . . ask me about store employees taking customer information when they sign up for the affinity program and sexting them.....

PM PT w 3 x 1 min planks.  I'm getting there with the planks, but my butt is another issue.  I tell ya, if this bursitis doesn't resolve, I will be having a serious talk with my ortho about how to deal with it. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm at the end of my patience with this.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

(ask me about store employees taking customer information when they sign up for the affinity program and sexting them.....) and this is just not OK.  Ugh.

I don't get it - why would an employee do this?  As a "come on and go on a date with me?"  How would they not think this would get them fired?  And maybe arrested?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

anneb

Why do people do anything creepy/inappropriate/etc? My husband had an Uber driver one time on a ride to the airport who would send him personal text messages- not bad material, but just the fact that he was doing it was wrong. This was before there was messaging in Uber app, so this guy was keeping peoples phone numbers. And he just picked you up at you home… not cool. Went on for months/maybe a year.

I don't get it - why would an employee do this?  As a "come on and go on a date with me?"  How would they not think this would get them fired?  And maybe arrested?

Anne