Masters Running

4.5.13 - It's Friday! (Read 39 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

The reason I was so late was because I was at an interview for a new job.  As much as I love my current job and appreciate everything my current employer has done for me, I can't pass up more money and better benefits.  It's a much longer commute, but I'll accept the position if I'm offered it.  The interview lasted 2 1/2 hours, so I think he thought I was okay.

Hope you get the new job!  We all know how much you love your current boss, though...  Joking

Congrats to David - what  great pictures!

Jay, what will your new group be about?

Jeanne, YAY for the run, and I love your avatar picture!

It's actually a bit too warm for a RAL today so I'll go after work.  Spring must be here!   I'm really looking forward to the mountain trails being runnable again soon.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Good luck with getting the new job, MikeE!  Will be praying for you.

Great pics of David.

Yes, Jay, and many others in here, are unsung heroes in my book.

Hoping the foot behaves itself, Tramps.

Today was a core/strength training day, about 45 min worth.  Am mostly  using my TRX this round as opposed to just my free weights.  I'm thinking I need to up my C/ST days to at least 3x a week, but where I'm gonna fit that in, I'm not sure as my routine is not conducive to 2 days in a row.  I suck at figuring this stuff out. Roll eyes

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Spareribs congratulations to your DS for the recognition.  No SMU link though on the page so far as I can tell.

Mike E good luck with landing the job!  As to the commute, my DW has one that is about an hour and a half each way mostly by train.  Mine is about an hour forty-five round trip by car.  You get used to it is all.  Get yourself something other than an AM/FM radio for you car though!

The whisky show the other night was a lot of fun.  If Whisky Live ever comes to your neighborhood I highly recommend going.  My friend and I spent the evening trying out all sorts of whisky's and whiskey's from distilleries we never heard of!  It was great!  Fortunately, they also serve dinner (a pretty good one in fact) so it is easy to avoid both getting totally slobberknockered.  We started off with dinner then did half the tasting hall, had a snack and then finished the other half.

Oh, I just saw we are only supposed to post about running here!  So sorry.  Maybe I should just change all of my text to strikeout?  Would that be acceptable.  I guess I should also avoid mentioning that I am going to experiment with a new recipe called Grand Marnier chicken.  So you did not just read that.  Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

i'm afraid when I get to the page there are no active links for SMU (or any of the others either) Confused

Me. too, but I did see that some serious congratulations are in order.

Tammy - that boy of yours is not just super-talented and fast, but jeesh, he is beautiful!  I see you in him so much.

Mike - add me to those who wish you the best of luck in finding something that is better for you.  I do hate communtes, but sometimes the tradeoff is worth it.  Have you thought about audio books?  Seriously.

I took both dogs and the cat to the vet for their annual check-ups and shots, all by myself, which was a bit of a challenge.  The cat rides in a carrier, but both dogs were racing back and forth excitedly, tangling themselves and me up, as I tried to carry my purse, the carrier, and still keep them away from the other dogs...Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Oh, I just saw we are only supposed to post about running here!

Fine me up one side and down the other.  I still plan to buck the system. Joking

Brave, Holly.  Very brave. Smile

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Best of luck to those racing, tapering, training, traveling, sleeping and eating this weekend! (Does that cover everyone?)

With Dave not having to work until the middle of the night this weekend and, unless divechief is still on the midnight shift, it nomrally would but my boss's got me working all weekend, ... while mariposai, and maybe troy, got to run 26.2 beautiful miles down the Yakima River Canyon Road I love so much.  It's too late to change bosses now but maybe I can get this one a little more committed to running before he makes me miss two more ultras at the end of the month.

Good luck, MikeE.  I hope Timbo's ended up pretty good.  . 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Thank you to all who clicked on the link for my son.  There was no link after that. I made a mistake.  What you saw next to SMU was all there was.  It meant the world to me that you looked though.  He only mentioned this to us in passing the other day.  The Saint couldn't believe that he didn't say anything about it.

Truth is, his big show comes up end of April, which will contain selections from his entire portfolio at a gallery in Dallas, and he is much more focused on that.  Many of his friends from high school and college are flying in to be there for it, and he is very moved by the support.  He will graduate from SMU with an MFA after two years on full scholarship there, and his work has been in wood sculpture.

As a man with no manual skills and no artistic vision, what he does amazes me.  Spareribs

janie b good

rest day for me today = wine and a fire pit on the back patio.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

rest day for me today = wine and a fire pit on the back patio.

That sounds like a fine alternative if you're not going to run. Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Spareribs, you have an artistic vision and he is living proof.  Look at it that way.

Had a very nice run this morning after yoga with one of my classmates, Dave, who's a pilot for Southwest.  There are only 3 of us guys in the class and Dave & I have a lot in common, including Brooks shoes.  Last week we were both wearing Ravennas and this week it was green Pure Project shoes, Flow for him and Cadence for me.

Jay, you inspired me this morning.  I finally sent a proposal to my supervisor at the law school for a new bankruptcy clinic.  Hopefully I can meet with him early next week.  If I can't find full-time work, I will just have to try to create it there.  I teach Consumer Bankruptcy 2 nights a week.  I found a possible funding source so I wanted to make sure he knew about it.

Back to running, I'm thinking of buying gels for my 20-miler Sunday morning.  I haven't done a training run that long in forever so I've had to really think about it ahead of time.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me