Masters Running

Thurs OMG It IS Swimsuit Season - Weightloss Thread Wk 9 (Read 286 times)

Well, carp!  Up to 142.2.  What the heck is that all about??  Oh well.  Hopefully I'll run it off during my race next weekend.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

I think running off the excess during the race is an excellent idea!

I weighed in yesterday, not today.  But, yesterday, I was 128.  Down 1.4 from last week.  I'm now at the weight I used to consider the "top weight" for me.  My how my standards relaxed in my 30s!

I'm right where I wanted to be for the end of this week.  I'm hoping to be down to about 120 by the end of November for race day.  I think that having sun and warmth makes me less hungry.  And, when it's sunny out, I do more things, so it's a good combo for me. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

I gained 3 lbs in 3 days in Seattle....

Just goes to show that running a marathon should not be an excuse to eat everything in sight....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Oddly enough I lost a pound in Seattle.  Smile

Runners run

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Leslie--I suppose it would be in poor taste to mention the "2" pieces of cholate cake that popped up in the daily?  so, therefore, I won't.

As for me, I certainly can't cast any stones--189.  Again.  Blah.  I'm trying hard to cut out the 2nds that I seem to have most every dinner, but I think the 1sts need to be a BIT smaller to do much good.  The way the weather is going around here, it doesn't look like I'll be wearing shorts before August, much less a swimsuit.  Blah again.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

Oddly enough I lost a pound in Seattle.  Smile

gee, I wonder why Ilene??

Tammy

evanflein

Ilene, me too. Reminds me of that line in The Devil Wears Prada... "I'm just one stomach flu away from my ideal weight!" So... I'm down to 138. Odd really, I seemed to have held steady in Seattle but I attribute that to hardly eating on Sunday. I'm not doing anything differently, but losing weight. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but I am going to see how it goes (Not that I want to gain it back!).

Leslie--I suppose it would be in poor taste to mention the "2" pieces of cholate cake that popped up in the daily?  so, therefore, I won't.

Why yes, it would be.  

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Wasn't there a ballad "I lost a pound while in Seattle"?

SteveP

dg.

I think one of the tricks to this whole thing (a tip, I'll share)  is to only post here on a good week.

Smile

a little higher than I want to be, but ok.  116.8 this morning.  so I'll post it while it lasts...  

Stevep, no way you way that much!     and btw.   next Bayshore, do we get to out for ice cream again?

meant to say, wtg all.   Holly, this was a very special occasion, a marathon +.   You owed it to yourself to have a Really Good Time. Smile.   I say those 3 lbs. will go away in no time & that they were probably worth just relaxing about it.

Erika... it's funny isn't it?  i do that too sometimes.  balances out the times when we don't lose & are doing everything right. 

evanflein

Hmmm, down another pound this morning to 137. Drank a ton of water last night I thought (50 ounces from when I came in from the garden to getting home from the race, then another couple of 12 oz glasses after till bedtime), we had hamburgers and corn on the cob for a late dinner and I had popcorn before bed. That's usually good to have me up a pound or two. Went the other way. Truly, not sure what's going on but yeah Deb, I guess I'll take it cuz I know I'll be the other way soon enough.

Prince of Fatness

Weighed myself yesterday morning.  168.5.  Down a half a pound from last week.  A step in the right direction I guess.

Not at it at all. 

Every time I run a race, I gain.   What's with that?   Am I really eating that much more?   Am I retaining water?   Nuts!

Marathon Maniac #957

OMG I ate like a pig last night.  Brats, beers, nacho chips and 7-layer dip, unbelievably good (and fattening) cheesy scalloped potatoes, and at least 2 slices of birthday cake.

Time to hop on the serious diet bandwagon to reel in this last couple weeks of overeat before I bust out of my clothes.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Stevep, no way you way that much!     and btw.   next Bayshore, do we get to out for ice cream again?

Heck yes!!!!

SteveP