Masters Running

Sunday May 4 Daily - a.k.a. Marathon Meet-ups (Read 46 times)

Off to the start of the marathon of never ending hills a.k.a. The Flying Pig Cincinnati Marathon! If you want to try and track me the following link should work.  The race starts at 6:30am EDT.

http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker/index.php?viewuser=matthewspiegel&guestpassword=May042014

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

coastwalker

Mornin' friends!

Good luck today Twocat, and the rest of the racers!

Quick walk-by this morning: Yesteday's 5K was good. Hilly course, nice weather. I finished in 32:16 (not my best effort) and was 2nd walker overall.

This morning, I have to leave in a few minutes to host the Seacoast 3000/5000 Racewalks, which are judged racewalking races that are part of the USATF-New England Grand Prix. Should be a good day for racing on the Portsmouth HS track.

5.5 racewalking miles this morning at J o'clock. I had about 20 minutes of light drizzle while I was out there, which was refreshing. I spent the workout working on form: A massage therapist I saw after the race yesterday told me my foot pain comes from my very tight shin muscles, which are tight as a result of a tight hamstring, which is tight because my glutes aren't firing (which sounds like it could be dangerous...). I think this'll require some follow-up.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mike E

MM #5615

Flying Pig Marathon Update:

Holly was at mile 6.8 in 1:09:59

Twocat was at the half in 1:50:59

Twocat went through mile 19.7 in 2:45:52

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Off to the start of the marathon of never ending hills a.k.a. The Flying Pig Cincinnati Marathon! If you want to try and track me the following link linkshould work.  The race starts at 6:30am EDT.

http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker/index.php?viewuser=matthewspiegel&guestpassword=May042014

That tracker is enough to make me like all this technology after all but, on the satellite large-scale option, on Eastern Avenue Riverside Drive now, your continuous picture keeps running off the page faster than I can scroll it ahead to catch up.  To bad it doesn’t seem to picture the mile posts and times at the same time that mikeE seems to be finding though (or maybe it does)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Morning all and good luck Flying Pig racers!

Absolutely wonderful day here today. Hit the trails with my DS for 6 early morning miles with deer and other woodland creatures as our only company. Seems no one else was out at 7 am. Sorry Jay. No way we can get up to run at your time of day. Now its soccer and some chores.

Have a great one everybody.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Yeah, tet, I wish there was a way to know what mile he was at on that thing.  I'm signed up to get a text message when he and Holly passes certain points.  But I did not get one for Twocat at the first check point and I haven't gotten one for Holly at the half.  Maybe this new technology ain't all it's cracked up to be.

...mornin' guys//............been clicking past your avatar pics and telling Claire about each one of you............she likes the Avengerdoggie picture from yesterday best and CR's ''AAaackkk'' second best

also

she was was impressed that Tet could run barefoot on rocks..

==========

...30-min bike ride............

Claire says

''gehcjdfry jdg''

........did NOT know she could speak Albanian.......

which,

loosley translated,

means

''is that your nose or are you eating a bananna//

ps she also wants to type

''fvdyhdsfryxfewhjfjcgshc''

which, loosley translated, means

''good running guys''

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Holly went through 19.7 in 3:28:16
                  Mike E

MM #5615

Twocat is done! Congratulations!
                    Mike E

MM #5615

hitfdghjk (Claire will know what that means)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mikemp'll know what this means

ohayou gozaimasu

ganbatte kudasai

wildchild probably too

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh no! Holly must be going backward...I just got the text that she went through the half.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Oh no! Holly must be going backward...I just got the text that she went through the half.

you mean she just kjhgdftih.oh no

can you  track somaa?

Mike E

MM #5615

Holly has finished! Woo Hoo!
                                hitfdghjk (Claire will know what that means)

..Claire said to tell you she doesn't like wearing A Hat........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....