Masters Running

Friday the 13th runs--be careful out there! (Read 646 times)

TammyinGP

Laurie writes poetry in her mind while running and I try to craft legal arguments to help our clients prevail against the injustices they suffer in his "book 'em danno" town I live in . . . sometimes I think poetry would be so much more mind centering and calming for me . . .  although there is only so much I can with Roses are Red, Violets are Blue . . . .

I went to the gym on my lunch hour to run the TM and figure out how to exclude a UA taken from our client during a DUII investigation, and pounded out 3.5 miles while doing so. Still don't have the argument perfected. Maybe I should combine my two talents: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'll pretend my client didn't pee, won't you??

nah, it's not working . . .

I have a 5K in the a.m. - first one in two yrs - I'd like to PR (24:48), but not sure I have it in me. I can maintain 1 mile under an 8 min/mile, but not sure I can do it for 3 miles . . .

Tammy

Good Luck tomorrow, Tammy, and to others racing also!   I ran two miles on my city street route with the hill, and added a few sprints.  Also walked maybe a mile or so, and explored a new woods trail that I can use in the future.  My next race is a Turkey Trot on the morning after Thanksgiving.  I hope Econo's DS will run with me.  he is good company.
        Did this week's not-so-long-yet long run of 4 miles amid crazy winds this afternoon.  My weekend schedule is really weird and I felt good, so I decided to get it in today.  I'm amazed at how greta I feel after only being back for a few weeks.  It's one of those things I know intellectually, but am always kind of amazed when I experience it again - consistent practice works.  Duh.

Have been riveted to the local news and emails from friends with pics of flooding and beach erosion at my beloved shore.  My town even got a spot on the network news.  Just remembered that I left lots of stuff out on the lawn last week - a flag, a couple of other lawn ornaments.  Wonder how far they've blown and or floated away by now?

Good luck to all of the weekend racers.  Have a greta weekend, everyone!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Deb, Goldilocks = "just right" 

Renee the dog

Just remembered that I left lots of stuff out on the lawn last week - a flag, a couple of other lawn ornaments.  Wonder how far they've blown and or floated away by now?

I might have your flag....  How 'bout some seat cushions in peach?  Are they yours?  

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi, folks.  not much running lately, so correspondingly not much writing

But I thought I needed to drop in and mention a race result that someone is too shy to mention.  I was looking through our town paper and saw a mention of a 5K that was run around our lake last weekend and checked out the AG results. 

One Marj (of henrun and marj) won the 60-64 AG with a highly respectable 28:51 in a field of over 500.  Guess Spain agreed with them.  better get on CR and see how Henry did.   The overall winner was a 51YO with a 16:21 .  The women's winner was also a master, but only 43.

eta:  Just checked and that was one fast field--the 3rd place women's overall was a 65 YO at 21:57.  And the 1st 5 in the 70-74 men werre under 25:00.   

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

dg.

Deb, Goldilocks = "just right" 

Smile

I should've known. 

Tammy, good luck!

Woods Lady, it's good to hear from you!

jKevin.   You are required to post anyway.  oh, I guess not, but please do.    And thanks for the news.  Marj, that is so great!!  Congratulations!

wishing all our weekend racers IRC and happy running moments!!

holly sad about your friends -- we have a group of 7 couples that do a lot together and one of our couples is going thru tough times as well - will probably end in divorce sadly enough -- but tonight the rest of us celebrated one couple's 25th wedding anniversary!!

tomorrow is my husbands 50th birthday -- i am so excited!!  he has no idea i hired a limo/van for 15 of us to go on a pub crawl then another 7 people are meeting us at our final destination for dinner!! 

today - 5.3 hilly miles with a friend in 51:47

have a great weekend all and remember to enjoy the moment!!

denise

SteveP

I'm going to be keeping my eyes open for a Batman sighting too.  Smile

Sorry Mary, Saturday is race day. . One day, Our paths will cross

((((Holly's Friends)))))

Good for you and sadie DG

There's been long days at work. Today, the boss chased me out very soon after I got in. I rushed home and worked on the house and spent time with Tag. Thanks goodness for DD#3, or the poor guy would have spent even more time alone. I picked DW up at work and we went to my brother's for his 40th birthday. He's reclusive. However, he does have a date Saturday. DW and I won a contest and a requirement was to attend a dance to 11:00PM. We wound up with an oil change and a pizza. We spent much time on the dance floor and ran into many friends. A life time ago, I made tips dancing. I was warming up a bit and a woman in red leather pants put herself between DW and me. Right away, I toned it down and got close as possible to my lifetime dance partner.

When we got home, we got Tag's racing shirt out. He tried sticking his face in it. He's ready to go.

SteveP