Masters Running

Saturday May 24 Runs and Giggles (Read 334 times)

Me

Good afternoon Everyone, Joey, Your brother is in my prayers. I'm sure he knows how lucky he is to have such a supportive and caring family, Sarge, I'll keep you and your family members in my prayers too. I know it can be especially hard on a family when more than one health crisis occurs at the same time. Well, yesterday was my last day at work. I'm heading to Tennessee Monday morning. Cool 4 miles for me this morning. Cheers, Mike
      Joey - that's a tough one - hopefully the doctor has better news than your brother fears. Tall - best of luck tomorrow. Maybe you shook this cold early enough to gain the strength you need. Very nice run for me early this morning -- I'd planned five in the neighborhood, but ventured out and did six. The miles were somewhere between peppy and sproinky -- not sure which is peppier (or sproinkier). Workout: 5.2 miles, 8:22/mi, AHR 151 -- I'm calling it GA, should have run easy Overall: 6.2 miles, 51:46 Have a great weekend!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

King of PhotoShop

Yes, my son confirms the person who is the Undertaker was a pro wrestler some time ago. That makes sense now that I think of how big he was. Tall, just be careful tomorrow. That tingly thing today worries me. Spareribs
        Dave59

An absolutely beautiful day outside today. I got a lot of yard work done and also squeezed in a 4.2 mile run. Our fellow Michiganders up at the Bayshore Marathon have hit the jackpot on weather. Cool, low humidity, clear, light breeze.... I wish I was up there watching people with TSelbs.

Vista my sympathies for what your brother is going through. It cannot be easy. Tall good luck with the race. Here is hoping you tear up the course!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Joey, your brother will be in my prayers. My FIL had diabetes and had a hard time because of it. He enjoyed life, though! He was at his second home in the Bahamas when he passed away unexpectedly. He was fixing stuff up around the house in the morning, and then took a nap in the afternoon and didn't wake up. He would have been happy had he known how he would go! I was proud of myself today. I was scheduled to go 4.5 miles, in order to reach 35 for the week. It felt so good that I was tempted to run farther, but I STOPPED! No point in pushing things. Off to get the house ready for company tomorrow. I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.
              munchkn883

Vista -- Your brother will be in our prayers. Please keep us updated. 6 miles this morning in Umstead. Felt really good....thought we were going to get rained on but managed to miss it.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Vista... hoping for the best for your brother. Munch.. I did get rained on during my run this morning but was ready for it with a cap and my leaky Garmin wrapped in plastic. Sure enuf at mile 6 it started raining. 17.2 MOH in 2:29:18 (8:41 pace, AHR 153). 2.2 mi with Tory at 9:40 pace then 15 MOH at 8:20 pace, last 4 MP or faster. Felt very sproinky today for what ever reason. Hills were especially easy after those WV runs. Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Just stopping in to say that it was IRC at Bayshore today. I did better than I expected. I also got to meet tselbs and his lovely family and steve aka Batman along with Cory another RA member in the Michigan group. I will have RR when we get home. Good luck Tall hope it goes well tomorrow! Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Halller,,,,man, you did awesome! Congrats....can't wait for your report.
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      dg.

Vista... hoping for the best for your brother. Munch.. I did get rained on during my run this morning but was ready for it with a cap and my leaky Garmin wrapped in plastic. Sure enuf at mile 6 it started raining. 17.2 MOH in 2:29:18 (8:41 pace, AHR 153). 2.2 mi with Tory at 9:40 pace then 15 MOH at 8:20 pace, last 4 MP or faster. Felt very sproinky today for what ever reason. Hills were especially easy after those WV runs. Steve
                        MOH?
                        wildchild

Carolyn

Vista, more prayers for your brother! Mrwhite, good luck on your new life in Tennessee! Larry, can't wait for the RR. So glad to hear it went well! I went for a 3 mile hike in the state park with DH, DD, and the two dear dogs. Then after we got home, I went out for a 7 mile run. I did my usual loop in the reverse direction, and shaved two minutes off my best time! This is a very hilly 7 miles, but doing it in the reverse direction allows me to run more of the hills.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

I just returned home after a 20 miles hike up the mountain trails with DH and DS#2. I decided to forgo running my scheduled trail race today so I can join the guys on our son's 20 mile hike that he needed to do as one of the requirements to achieve his Eagle Scout rank. I am glad I choose to tag along with the guys since we had a very special day with our son. Seven hours of hiking, over 2000 elevation gain and fantastic views of the Cascades Mountains gave us a great opportunity to really have some "bonding time" as a family. It is funny, my body feels more tired at the end of this 20 miler than after running a marathon. Maybe running a few of the hills have something to do with it. Cool SR, I liked that tarantula avatar, that is why I kept it for a week Smile. Sorry that some people did not enjoy my tarantula creature as much as I had. Confused Thank you so much for you guys' nice compliment about my race yesterday. You all are the best cheerleader I have ever dreamed to have.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

Just back from a 4 miler with Renee the dog. Sitting down to some sushi with Mr Nono and he put the kids to bed. (See, he's not all bad! Big grin) Doesn't anyone know there's a gas crunch? Seemed like 1000s of cars out on our roads tonight in our tourist town. Vista, holding out hope that your brother's situation is better than it sounds. {{hugs}} Hang in there! Good runs/races to all tomorrow!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Deb, MOH is Miles Of Hills. I think Peter started that one... Mariposai, you are such a sweetie. And that does sound like a wonderful time with the family. We've talked about doing something like that with the kids... there's a "Run and Soak" race here later this year that starts in some hilly trails and ends at a hot springs. DH wants to do that with the boys, but I think it's during a soccer tournament. Vista, I sure hope things turn out well for your brother. Rindaroo had some interesting comments... I'll be thinking about Tall tomorrow morning... he'll be done by the time I get up! And looking forward to Larry's RR from Bayshore, glad to hear it went well! I finally got out for my run, and had a pretty good one but I do seem to run out of gas on the way up the hill. In hindsight, the pace wasn't bad, but I was working pretty hard on the last two miles. First 6 tempo miles at 8:04 avg pace (ok, sort of cheating since it's downhill or flat), last 2.5 miles up the hill at 9:19 avg pace. I did have to take a couple of walk breaks, but once it was up the steepest part and three trucks had gone by--fast--and the dust was terrible! Pulled my shirt up over my face! We really need some rain... my lawn is pretty sad.