Masters Running

Wet and wild Redondo Superbowl 10K (Read 309 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow - you have my respect just for getting out there in those conditions. Way to tough it out and finish strong!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

This has always been one of my favorite races...... I think I've run it about 20 times..... I almost ran it again this year, but Surf City is a little closer to me so ran that one instead. I'm glad you had a strong race.... sounds like you saved enough for that last uphill, it can be a real killer...... I remember way back when the course went out over the pier instead going up that darn hill. It would be fun to put together a centipede one of these.... it's one way of being able to stick together during the race!
      Thanks SLOJim Smile I can see why you ran Surf City instead of this one...but you had a tough day in the rain too! A centipede would be really hard to run since I'm way slower than you, but if you put one together it would be great seeing you do that Big grin.
        Way to go, sucking it up and finishing strong on a tough, windy day. I know that area pretty well. Years ago there was a hotel in RB called "The Plush Horse Inn." It changed ownership and was renamed "The Palos Verdes Inn" and had a terrific dining room. I stayed there often, and ran the hills of P.V. and the beach. Funny that we never talked about that area when you were at my house. Good report. Spareribs
        Ribs, that Inn is still around and the restaurant is called Chez Melange. How interesting you were my neck of the woods. Well, we had so many other interesting people and things to talk about at your house. I'll just have to come back and visit you and The Saint the next time I do Dallas White Rock. Many thanks, dromedary

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Like SLOJim Yesterday it was rainy, cold (for L.A., about mid 40s/low 50s), and windy. I couldn't wear a hat because it kept blowing off. When we left our house at 6:45 am, it was pouring rain and windy. We were soaked by the time we found the race starting line. It was too windy and raining too hard for him to come out to watch me finish.
          dromalina-san, I think you just made up for missin' the bellymary. In fact, except for the rain at your start, everything else sounds like you didn't miss it at all! Don't get carried away thinkin' the LA Mary is too easy in comparision though. ganbare tomodachi

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tetsujin!!! Domo arigato gozaimasu Blush I am taking L.A. very seriously. Henrun told me it poured rain the year he did it. Last year it got very warm (80s) and a few people warned me about all the concrete reflecting much heat. My plan is to survive, be flexible, see what the day brings, and have fun. Happy New Year (Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu -- I hope I didn't mess that up)