Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 9.30.17 (Read 36 times)

Opus77  and Quickadder welcome! This is a great group and hope you will stick around. To increase the odds do not try posting with a cell phone for at least a year! You week will be much more calm and relaxed that way. Also, while I am dispensing advice, no running in the rain either. Thank you, this has been an RA public service message.

Holly S. looks like a pretty nifty trip.

stumpy77 congratulations to the married couple to be!

coastwalker congratulations to your nephew! Very nice timing on the promotion and your (delayed) trip. A bit of serendipity is always nice. Good call on returning to bed. There must be a no race walking in the rain subclause somewhere.

Dave59 those poor folks at FEMA are sure busy these days! At this point I am surprised they have any personnel outside of Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

No running for me today. Just an hour on the elliptical. Tomorrow I am running a HM. Figured it would be a good way to get some idea as to what pace to shoot for in the marathon two weeks later. As of now, I have no idea if I can even hope to stay under 4 hours in the marathon.  We will see, what we will see. I had hoped to get some errands done today but a former student and now friend dropped by this afternoon and stuck around until just before dinner. It was good to see him again. We get together three maybe four times a year when our paths cross. I had warned him that I cannot talk for very long at a stretch and he would have to do most of the yakking. He did quite an impressive job of it!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

So great to see Opus77  and Quickadder here. Invite your other friends... we are a welcoming group here.

Good luck to twocat with his HM tomorrow.

Holly, what a fun adventure!!!!!!!

Today was a very fruitful day at the office, I was able to finish my budget proposal to HUD, a big accomplishment. It is amazing how much one can do when nobody is at the office. Ohh, I finally have an office sans state auditor Smile hurrahhh.

Three delightful miles with my Dear Husband, aka, Easy Pacer!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

''. Thank you, this has been an RA public service message.''

.........we are not paying you nearly enough.......

===============

Welcome aboard opus and quickadder, hope you enjoy the site

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....