Masters Running

THURSDAY Oct. 9 Boomers Runs and Cinnamon Donuts (Read 586 times)

evanflein reading your post just now brought me a bit of a chuckle. My SIL is in a total panic over her retirement accounts. My DW and I are busy trying to calm her down! To think my SIL is still in her mid-40's! Too young to worry about the market's occasional runs up or down.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Of course, just HOW impressive depends on HOW FAR your Woodie runs ahead of you..... Big grin
      Holly, I can't believe you said that out loud!! Big grin Shocked Big grin 6 easy miles for me this evening. A beautiful day it has been. Good runs to all!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      TammyinGP

Holly, no the school record set by a student was 33 laps. I only ran about 22 or 23 laps today. I sort of lost count, but it's close enough. There was only one other parent out there running and he's my son's best friend's dad. He is a cyclist so a pretty athletic guy anyways (bikes to work, does 2 and 3 day long bike rides, etc. My son's teacher also ran the whole hour. Her and I competed together in a duathlon last summer and she also bikes alot. A few of the other teachers ran/walked part of the time, but otherwise most moms and dads there were the 'lap counters'. I love running with the kids and look forward to this event each year. And the kids remember me and lots of them like to run alongside me and chat. It's a good group of kids at this school . A small rural school, only about 200 in the whole school. I wish I could be even more involved, but I manage to attend at least 3-4 of the events each year, a few field trips and the jog a thon. I'm thankful I have such a flexible job with generous time off (7 wks per year in total), so I can do stuff like this.

Tammy

evanflein

5.2 miles of snowy hills tonight. I was thinking of hopping on the treadmill, but it got so mild today (32 and felt warmer when I finished) that I just couldn't bring myself to run inside. But the bikepaths are icy, so I opted for the neighborhood road that includes one big hill and a couple of long gradual uphill/downhill sections. I wish I'd had my HRM on... bet I came close to the max the second time up that big hill.
          SteveP

Good Morning! Our TM is in the garage, with a shelf in front of it and a small TV (w/cable) on it. DH got a DVD player for it recently and hooked it up, so I am set for winter weather. Much better than a TM in the gym. Like Dark Horse, I found that the channels were never on a show I wanted and the volume was turned down - deadly boring. Snow storms, icy conditions, bring it on.....I'm ready.... Smile
            I pretend I'm chasing felons...It keeps the work out interesting. Roch, there's lots of hill running in Nashville. Have fun!!!! Doesn't Paint Creek have a race??? "Fat a$$ 50"??? We're happy about you son's 18 laps too Tammy. Two miles today. Sweet.

SteveP