Masters Running

Thursday, 8.25.16 (Read 31 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy!

Jay, how cool that you scored a new (used) bench while out on your morning RW!

Amy, thanks for the book recommendations.

I met some friends for a 6 mile trail run today, and my friend Caitlin (who won a 50 mile trail race last weekend!) brought her burro, Titus.  She does all the Colorado burro races in the summer.  She gave us each a turn running with Titus - he's really cute!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

TwoCat – ran some hills today for my RTB team. I LOVE hills!!!

I am so eXCITEDDDD about the relay next month because I will be hanging out with you for two days in a van. Love ya tons!!!

No running today. Cut back week for my wings.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Better late than never to get your month started, Stumpy. (Whenever I said 'better late than never' to a girlfriend I had in high school, she'd reply; "Better never late." Well, yeah, but...

um, do you mean....?   Well, never mind.

Amy, thanks for the book tips.  I haven't read anything great lately. I checked out Thoreau but haven't gotten into that yet. It has 4 books in one, so will need to renew it since I am so slow to get a book finished.  The book itself is quite high quality with a ribbon bookmark and everything. It is part of "The Library of America" sixty volume set.

Welcome Lori, and glad you escaped the tornado, those can be so scary.  We have had to hunker down before.  How odd that there are so many on this list with ties to your town in Canada.

I am so thankful that I can be home from work in just 5 minutes.  Even getting off work at 5pm today gave me enough time to get my little 5 mile run in before we had supper.  Now I am just killing time until it's bedtime.  Oh, we will have banana cake for dessert in a little bit.  Funny story about that, I took the recipe to my co-worker, brought it home and left it on the counter. When I got home from work yesterday MrStarr was in the kitchen and had a sheepish look on his face. I caught him with the mixer and he said "I was going to surprise you, I made that cake you wanted!"   What I really want is peaches and ice cream but that's like playing Russian roulette trying to find a decent peach in the store. I got a few from the orchard that should be good though.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

I am so eXCITEDDDD about the relay next month because I will be hanging out with you for two days in a van. Love ya tons!!!

Me too sister!

Back at you

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

wildchild brought her burro!  Now that is a phrase you do not hear very often!

La Tortuga hills in New Hampshire? Nah. I was told no hills there.  On the plus side the course is a net downhill!

I managed to get in my 12 mile run. Brutal! Dew point near 70°. I flew for the first several miles. Even kept it under a 9 minute pace up to mile 8. Then the wheels came off. The last 3 miles were well over 10 and the final three-quarters mile near 12. Fortunately, tomorrow is a rest up the legs day for Saturday's race.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Tornadoes just totally freak me out. It's surprising (to me) that they get that far north, but I remember when I was going to school in River Falls, WI there was one that went through Eau Claire just a weekend after I was there. Pretty scary. Lori, glad you're ok, hope the damage isn't too bad.

I'd love to find nice old stuff on the side of the road, but all I find is trash usually. I did find a really nice carpenter's quality tape measure once. DH still has it in his tool box.

So Tetsujin, are you ever going to share some of those bear pictures? Go ahead and email one to me and I'll be happy to post it!

Burros!!!!! So I was thinking you rode them, but they run along with you? How fun is that?

Today was pretty bleak at the start, and it got worse as the day wore on. But by late afternoon, the rain stopped, the fog lifted and the sky got brighter. My foot was also kind of sore today, so I went shoeless for a couple hours today and it felt better. So... I went out for a run in spotty sunshine after work, and left the metatarsal pad out of my shoe. Foot was a little sore up by the front (big toe metatarsal... a new sore spot!), but actually felt a little better as I went on. So, completed 5.6 miles at a decent clip, but had to stop a few times on the run to sort of regroup. Feeling very out of shape, really, but it is what it is, right?

Did I tell you guys that I signed up for the Hartford Marathon on October 8? La Tortuga will run the half, and Hally/Barb will come along too to help DH cheer us on. Should be fun! We'll be staying with LaT for a couple days so hope to see Henrun, Marj, and Robin too while we're there. Twocat, will you be around?  Oh, and no, I haven't told my foot about this yet.

SteveP

Last night's meeting was short, efficient, and productive - how often does that happen?

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

We've all heard a lot of tall tales hee Jay....hhmmm

Lori - Yikes!!!!

Cripes, Wildchild, I thought running with a dog was tough. I hope you didn't see any squirrels.

I love the RA meet ups!!!!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Burros!!!!! So I was thinking you rode them, but they run along with you?

That's what I thought, too.  He's a cutie though!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

That's what I thought, too.  He's a cutie though!

Cute?!  He looks like a jackass.