Masters Running

Saturday, July 31 Runs and Summer Fun (Read 388 times)

Spending this semi-sunny Saturday sitting in a notary class for 7+ hrs, THEN we take the exam, which will probably take another hour.  *sigh*  I think I'd rather be in some of ya'lls shoes today rather than mine. *sniff*

Enjoy!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

CNYrunner you win the prize. The first group of pictures spell out July 31 1993. We took all of those pics this morning in the park where we got married.

Awww, Cranium, thanks for posting those pictures.  Who isn't smiling after seeing them?

A 7 hour notary class??  Leslie, that sounds deathly.  What do they go on about for that long???

Thanks for all the good wishes for our relay.  I'll pass them on to the team.  We leave Thursday and I have a ton of stuff to do, yikes!

18 for me in 2:52 and a confession.  I brought along a gu and a bar but you know it IS summer.  And even though I left early, it was still toasty, so at the 12 mile mark I ducked into a nearby store and bought an ice cream sandwich.  Ice cream is not on my meal plan, can't remember the last time I had any.  It was Good!   I would've shared some out to you, Taggy.

--and Frank would love to chase gofers with you.  He has a squirrel nemesis -- one particular little guy who taunts him,  waiting until the last possible minute to pop up the tree.  Frank would really like to catch him, just to teach him a lesson.

A running buddy gets his "Full Bird" today and invited me to the pinning.  I've never been to a military promotion ceremony, so should be interesting.  (I'm told it's Full Bird as Colonels get Eagel wings.)

grins & happy summer,

A

ps We had pizza bagels for lunch, using luscious fresh tomatoes in lieu of sauce.  Really a treat.

Masters 2000 miles
        OrangeMat

MM #6177

See, I knew they spelled something!

Ran another 3.4 miles this afternoon. I am HUNGRY now!

Off to chop up a boatload of salad.....

SteveP

Aww Craneium

DW and Tag are outta town for a week and I've been working on the stupid lawnmower all day. Poor DW, she needs someone who can fix the things her husband worked on.

Not one run

No Batman

I did get pizza on the carpet, so it feels like I did accomplish something.

We need goats. With 7 arces, prolly three would do it. Then in the winter we could have goat kabobs...If Tag didn't make pets out of them first.

Does any one know what sized cape a goat would wear?

As Tom White would say: "But I digest"

SteveP

Tet, have a great time tonight and knock 'em dead!   I hope to do some sort of race up there with DD2 this late fall or winter.  Probably in Tacoma or Olympia.

I had a good run today on my hilly road.  About 3.8 miles.  Not fast, but it is hilly and I went further out on this road than ever before.  I'm getting ready for a 4.4 mile in two weeks at the Scandia race.  Econo, Bigsister, and even DD2 will be running also.  Can't wait, and am in great shape.

Craneium, thoes are wonderful pictures.  Congratulations.

Mariposai

How  great it is to see the lovely WoodsLady here! I missed your posting! How is Mr. WoodsMan doing?

Tet...give them girls a huge hug for me. I know Francesca is in for a monumental experience. 

I was all teary eyed when I saw Craneium's pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us....a huge congrats!

ThePro, it seems like you  had a great time today! Don't ya worry...you will be tri ready again before you know it!

Was WaterLily there?

Simple Sat. for me....my dream Sat., actually. Slept in, went for a run, then I spend a few hours just playing around the garden...I think I lost the war against weeds today...so I gave up, got a great book and sat under my grape arbor and read and read and read and I wrote in my journal for a little bit.

Aamos, enjoy the experience!

Has anyone seeing Eliz?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

As Tom White would say: "But I digest"

...I REALLY

need to find out how SpellCheck works......

no running today, FlareUp...

luckily, it rained off and on so having Grass up to a Goat's Nose is excuseable

......hopefully a trailrun tomorrow.....

.....................good running guys.............off to Price Check A Goat......

eta-

GREAT pics craneium

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

Tet, what a beautiful picture from the White RIver 50 mile run!  I hope Franc had fun.

Holly, that vacation in West Virginia sounds like fun!

Happy Anniversary, Craneium! You and DW look like you're getting younger.  Nice pictures - I figured out what the top pictures spelled all by myself!

Hi Woods Lady!  Good to see you!  Have a great time at that race in 2 weeks with your family.

DD and DH are still off on their backpacking trip, so I have the whole weekend to do as I please!  I cleaned the house this morning, then worked outside for a few hours trying to fix the drainage on the driveway so it doesn't flood the garage when it rains.  Hard work.  Then I went for a run. I took the dogs for 2.3 miles then did another 8, for 10.3 total, which put me over 100 miles for the month!

Speaking of 100 mile months, Mary, how was your 10k today?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

hey there friends!!

happy anniversary Crane - great pictures!!

some great long runs today - byll, perch, aamos!!

sorry about that class Leslie - doesnt sound like a fun way to spend Sat but productive at least

i went up to Old Orchard Beach Maine yesterday morning - ran a local 5k last night -- there were some amazingly fast runners there - they use it as a "tune-up" race for next week's Beach 2 Beacon - kept looking for MaineRunnah - saw a guy who looked a lot like him and think the same group, but no Bob -- maybe next week

i was pleased with my time 27:15 - earned me 5/15 for my age group and 185 overall of maybe 360 ... the race course was pretty cool with about .5 mile on sand dune/trail area

hopefully next week things will fall in place and i'll be able to go back up for B2B ---  OOB is about 90 minutes from me so I went up yesterday morning, did the race, went out to dinner with 2 friends who came up after the race, spent the night, then walked the beach a bit this morning and went back to Justin in the evening --- was only gone about 24 hours but felt like a much needed mini-vacation!

wishing you all beautiful dreams and a peaceful  Sunday tomorrow!

denise

Denise - You deserved the you time.  So glad it went well for you.  And congrats on the AG placement.

Great pics, Cranium.  I never would've figured out the date thing.

I was wondering about Eliz, too.

I would rather of had Nancy's day.

Amy - California has really gotten strict on the Notary Publics and now requires that you sit through a 6-hr class prior to taking the notary exam, whether you're renewing your commission or are a first timer.  I always learn something, but it's tough doing it on a weekend.  As it wasn't I didn't get out of there until 5:45, and I think I'm passing the test by the skin of my teeth this round.  They really screwed with the wording for the questions, which left me scratching my head over about 4 of them.  You can miss 6 and still pass.  Cripes, after over 13 years as a notary, you'd think I wouldn't have such a hard time, but some of the stuff I've never come up against - oh well.  Will find out in about 15 days if I have to retake the dang thing.

Afterward went a friend's house where the The Hub and his partner were bbqing/smoking for her belated wedding reception.  The food turned out excellent, and they made some good contacts.  All these practice runs have been for no pay.  Hopefully, the next one will result in some actual dinero coming in so we (meaning The Hub and I) can start recouping the outgoing of funds for this venture.

Okay - Off to get some sleep.  Have 12 on tap for tomorrow.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks mori-onna. 

Except for having a pirate theme this year, I almost wore the ninja outfit from Japan. 

Maybe at the Pumpkin Push at the end of October. 

I'm looking for a Lady Ninja for the costume contest, . . . in case.

Posie -

I have a feeling, especially if Francesca can post an RR,  that you and some other goddesses will be getting White River hugs one of these years too. <<<(dove/ziggie/erika/etal)>>>

by the time the Torchlight 8K got underway,  the White River'd been running all day long

and was a half hour from the 13 hour cutoff at 7pm  

Franscesca was hoping to run up there today with a Western States veteran

so I bet she'll be there one of these years too.

She's just like you and some of the other goddesses, you know.   Sees a bunch of people running or hears about something and thinks, "I can to that" and, . . .you all somehow do do it too.   I guess you goddesses don't know it's supposed to be hard.  Nothing like 12-13 hours of fun though.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Fatozzig - 7-hour notary class - yikes!  Here in Ohio I think it was only 2 hours the first time I took it, and to renew my commission, no test at all, just pay your dues. 

Mariposai - that would indeed be my favorite kind of day...and the weeds are taking over here at my house too.

Tet - if I manage to make it up to the Equinox on 2011, will you be there?

Denise - yes, you definitely needed a little break.  Hope you get more soon...

Aamos - ice cream sandwiches, heh?  Sounds like good LR fuel to me....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."