Masters Running

The WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING THREAD W/E SEPT 14TH (Read 295 times)

Dark Horse- 20 miles + 1 elliptical + 300 pushups and situps + weights...nice week Dutchie- 6.6 K...take it slowly evanflein-42.5 miles + recovery walks...solid evryday-3 miles...it'll come back fatozzig- 21.25 miles + strength + core...good job lyndenrunner- 54.35 miles nowor-16 miles + stuff...very steady pfriese-40.7 miles + 43.6 bike...superb tetsujin-13.1 miles + tapering...sweet
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-Rest Tue-5@8:17 Wed-4@8:39 Thur-Rest Fri-5@8:08 Sat-Rest Sun-10@7:50 Total=24 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile Monday: 7 miles running on the treadmill Tuesday: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 30 barbell curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 30 leg curls, 30 leg extensions, 50 wrist barbell curls Wednesday: 7 miles running on the treadmill Thursday: nothing Friday: 7 miles running on the treadmill Saturday: 100 pushups, 100 situps, 30 barbell curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 30 leg curls, 30 leg extensions, 50 wrist barbell curls, 2 miles on the elliptical Sunday: nothing Totals: 21 miles running, 2 miles on the elliptical, 200 pushups, 200 situps, weightlifting A solid week for me. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          Thanks, Gordon. Mon - 5 miles, 10:16 ap, plus 4 30-sec hill sprints at end for .32 miles = 5.32 Tues - Slept in Roll eyes Wed - 6-mile progression run. Completed in 1:01:40 = 10:17 ap Thurs - 1 hour core/strength; 4 miles running for 10:25 ap Fri - 8 miles in 1:24:43 = 143 ap Sat - 11-mile trail run in 2:35:19. LOTS of climbing! Ugh! Sun - Gordon - Love all your comments on the tallies! Big grin 34.32 miles running.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Gordon. You deserve a couple rest days after that marathon test you had... Second week of taper for me. Will get more cross-training in as I try to give my foot a rest pre-race. Monday: Rest Day Tuesday: 4.63 miles on the treadmill, just easy stuff; .66 mile walk w/u and c/d. Wednesday: Thursday: Friday: Rest Day Saturday: Sunday: Totals: (Hi Eliz! Welcome back to you, too!)
              Hi, all, Hope you don't mind my dropping back in. I'll be around for a while this time - at least until next summer! I'm back home, back to school, and ready to get back on track with running and XT. Monday - walked 2.4 miles; easing back into it Smile Tuesday - I ....am.....so.....tired. Getting back to the school schedule has me wiped, so - rest day. Wednesday - about an hour of yoga/pilates stuff while watching TV Thursday - stayed at school until 5:30 unpacking instruments and stuff; too tired to even think when I got home - unplanned rest day Friday - drove straight from school to rehearsal at the shore Saturday - kayaked 2 hours then another (extremely leisurely) 1 after a break Sunday - kayaked 2 hours DH - glad you're back. Smile YIKES! I'm not even a runner anymore, except in my imagination! The 5K that I love so much is only 7 weeks away! Time to get out of work at a sane hour and lace up those Asics of mine! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

Thanks lyndenrunner, No biking planned this week, just running.
                  DayPlanActualComment
                  Mondayrest dayrest day - done
                  Tuesday7-9 miles8.1 miles - done9:06/mi avg pace
                  Wednesday8-10 miles9.5 miles - done 10:21/mi avg pace
                  Thursday5-7 miles5.1 miles - done 9:21/mi avg pace
                  Friday5-7 milesrest day - done
                  Saturday5K or 10K race?5K race - done 1.9 mile wu/cd - done23:57 3/6 AG
                  Sunday14-16 miles16.1 miles - done9:57/mi avg ace
                  Total45-50 miles43.8 miles - DONE
                  Paul
                  Dutchie42

Hi everyone, bit late to the thread, but I'm here. Mon....bike commute (13K) Tue....bike commute (13K) Wed...bike commute (13K) Thu....cutting rubber mats for my w/o equipment Fri......6.5K Sat....8.5K run with Spooky and 2.5K walk with Spike and 60minutes running errands Sun...12.3K tempo run with Spooky and a cool down on this little beach while Spooky was playing in the water with two other dogs.

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

thanks for the vote of confidence, LR Mon....nada.................done Tues...3 miles...............3 miles done Wed...3 miles...............3 miles done Thurs..nada.................done Frid....3 miles...............3 miles done Sat....football watching...done Sun...3 miles................3 miles done Total 12 miles
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      nowor

Gordon, Fingers crossed on your job interview. You sure looked good. Congrats on sticking thru w/ the marathon. The next one will be Better Than Ever! Mon-5.5 mi Tues-strength training class, core and ball class Wed-7.5 mi Thur-PM yoga Fri-4 mi plus Joanie sighting Sun-advanced yoga class Summary: 17 mi + yoga + core stuff I love it when IRC weather and my schedule are in sync.