Masters Running

Sundaily, 6.17.18 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Happy Father's Day!

I'm opting out of doing the daily summaries for a while, so someone else is going to have to take over, if you all want them. I still have too much on my plate, and some things are going to have to go, and this is one of them.

7.6 RW miles at dawn in 61° temps.

Have a greta Sunday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Totally understand, Jay.  Maybe some of us can point out the highlights if we have time.  My early mornings are very rushed, but I'll see what I can do.

3.5 miles this morning- very warm at 7 am.  Finished up a 35 mile week, which is good.  I think we are going to go to the winery later today and picnic and drink wine on the beautiful grounds.  We will need to get a spot in the shade and I'm sure there will be a lot of competition for those spots.  Daughter will join us and might bring a guy.  She was vague about that.   My sister and brother in law in PA lost their big Greyhound suddenly this week to osteosarcoma - almost 5 years to the day that they lost their last one.  There are 3 more in their home, but it's sad.  Beau was a tall dog and a huge presence.   It's always SO tough to lose a pet.    5 of my 6 are elderly, so we will be facing a lot of losses in the next year or two, I suspect.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Thank you for your service, Jay. Those really are a ton of work.

Falcon--that flight sounds very cool.

TW--that does sound huge. Hope it works our.

Slept in a bit & paid the price with added heat & humidity

What he said. Whew!  Seemed hotter than the thermometer read. Not used to it, didn't adjust enough, no water, and I ended up walking it in. Bleh. Apparently I've learned absolutely nothing over the years. 5 miles.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

Thank you Jay. You’ve gone above and beyond.

We’ve spent a delightful overnight on Cape Cod at a beachfront facility. Up to see the sunrise and walk the beach. Last night we drove to our favorite seafood restaurant for lobster and sea bass and brought our own white wine and, stopped for ice cream on the way back.

I ran 2.5 miles this morning-already very warm but dry. On the way home we’re stopping to watch a Cape Cod baseball summer league game before we face the traffic.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jay/Jay/Jay - many/many/many thanks.
            Since I think I get enough exercise in everything else I do anyway, I’m not much inclined to go running for running’s sake but have enjoyed many such runs over the years knowing I’d get to read about it the next day.  Kind of like when the local newspaper would cover all the Little League games in those days.
            I’d love to honor you by helping out but, now that I’m retired with everyone thinking I have nothing to do but wait around in case they think of something I should be doing, it’s hard to know what’s going to be going on on any given day so I’d just be letting everyone, and me too, down, especially tryin' to do do a recap from out here on the West Coast where most of us haven’t even gotten to bed when you’ve already posted for the new day.  You also seem to have perfected the knack of knowing where all of us are all over the country.
            Nevertheless, even though it’ll be after everyone’s gone to work and done running for the first day of the week, if okay, I’ll try to get up early enough to keep Sunday’s wrap-up on track while were figuring it out.
            ps tom - Medicare for sure one of the very, very best things about getting old.  Good luck.   
            pps tom - also, great double-cadence pool running.  I don’t have the will power to do it on my own but I love doubling-and-more the high-stepping, punching the water, etc.that the AquaFit instructor has us doing. 
            Garden day after yesterday’s annual costumed cycling as a happy face through a local neighborhood.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

....tet//.....thanks

but I'm thinking ''Chicks in Swimming Suits'' may figure in with your work-out plans......

....jay//..........thanks you so much,

many's the time I check in to see your recaps and then get in a work-out just to make the list

hope Your Life gets Simpler

============

mid-90s............I would add Humid, but The South's ALWAYS Humid.....

except those

Cool Snaps under 60-degrees

but I digress.......

.....55-min HH 10 lbs

...........off to Knoxville for the week, will post if I can...........Veterinarian  Camp for Claire.....

...........Good Running to Ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Quickadder

8.6 hot and humid trail miles with DD.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay/Jay/Jay - many/many/many thanks.

+1

Yesterday DH and I took DS and his GF to the Celtic Festival, which was very cool.  They hold it on the 30 acre permanent site where they have the Ohio Renaissance Festival in the fall.  There were several stages where different bands and dancers were performing, and a huge number of venders.  After a bit, we all ordered beers, and then were immediately handed samples of Guinness Blond, but I can assure you that we were not two-fisted drinking like mad.

Image may contain: 4 people, including Holly Slone Schultz and Jim Schultz, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Super hot here today, and while I had vowed to get up predawn to get my LR in, DH and I stayed up watching a movie -  The Shape of Water - and I paid the price.  Still, got it done, even if there was more walking than I wanted.

16.5 miles total.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Had a very special day yesterday.  To all the people that saw this on FB, apologies but thank you so much for the kind comments

Image may contain: 4 people, including Deborah Ameele, Abi Ameele and Kevin Ameele, people smiling, people standing

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

great pic of all of you Holly!

And wonderful pic and big congrats to you Kevin!   I saw it on FB but it's so worthy of a 2nd view and congrats. Beautiful young lady that I have no doubt will do great things!

yesterday was a busy day here. didn't have quite as many people over as I thought, so maybe 20-22. still have way too much pasta salad leftover.  David had fun hanging out with his friends. We got out the air hockey table where some serious competition was taking place. then they set up the badminton net and that was just as serious - - any funny. 

today was low key - except for getting up at 5:30 because David had to work all day, so we got up with him and made him a breakfast. then I went back to bed until about 10 (oy! can't believe I slept that late!), got out for an 8.8 mile run with the dogs where they enjoyed our frequent creek stops to drink and lay down in the water.

Tammy

Happy Fathers day, Fathers!

3.5 ez

A couple days off for camping and hiking and my achilles is much better for running. Not counting my chickens yet, though!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads in here.

Jay - You've gone above and beyond with the recaps. Thank you for being so diligent.  I hope your life settles down to a dull roar.

KSA - I hope your butt starts doing better.  Wish I could say running doesn't affect my issue, but no such luck.

Henry - Some day I'd like to get back there and watch some summer ball with The Hub.  That's what Crabs Baseball is here - all collegiate players in a semi-pro league.

Great picture, Stumpy.  Does your DD want to stay in CA?

Air hockey and badminton!  I haven't played either in years

More yard work today.  Mowed front and back and then we string-trimmed across the road to try and keep the blackberries beat back so two cars can pass each other.  The owner doesn't take care of the property, so we and our neighbor who's moving end up doing it.  My arms are feeling a bit rubbery from using the string trimmer.

That's . . . . about . . . it ~~

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Tom White, That's fantastic news about Pickles.

Jay, You've been appreciated.

Steve, you are clearly one of a kind! I’m sure your DW thinks so too. Thanks for the stories, but you didn’t answer my question…

Not seriously.

Holly, The Celtic festival looks fun.

Stumpy, Holy stunning wow! Proud parents rock.

13.1 on Saturday. My fastest half marathon in ten years.Followed by our niece's graduation party. It was a perfect day.

We went to church on Sunday, then I went into work for 4 hours to plug away at reports our new manager wants done.I still have about 10 hours before they're completed. I could skim over and be done if I could eliminate my "Now what the fiddly heck is this?" response in my CNS. Then I went and waited tables for three hours at our church's annual Father's Day dinner.

There was a family vacationing from TN visiting our tiny church. They put on aprons and started waiting tables as well. What kind of person goes on vacation. I told the kids that they are making the world a better place.

When I got home, I zip tied a swim noodle to the back of a plastic lawn chair. Tossed it in the pool. Put on a floppy hat then took a nap in the pool.

SteveP

.....Beautiful DD stumpy///..........wishing her Good Things in Life........

My DD took me out and bought me---------TRAILBOOTS

we're going out West this Fall, and I needed a lighter pair

(as Usual on our Vacations,

we're going to Durrango and Moab...............which are currently On Fire

so

I'm wondering

if we should Warn SanteFe and Albiquerque they're on Our List)

gonna try the boots our a little later for today

picking Claire up after camp. since ''Cat Yoga'' is on her activities, I'm curious

................good running to ya...........................and A Pox on laptops.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....