Masters Running

Saturday, 1.28.17 (Read 35 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Is there anything David isn't good at?  He's starting to bug me.

TammyinGP

He has no artistic talent at all MikeE. none. stick figures is about all he can do.

Tammy

Pizza!  Mr. Blue Eyes makes a really good pizza but one of his buddies is even better!  He made one with squash, arugula and very soft, fresh goat cheese.  It was so yummy!  He works on the dough for two days.

Last night MBE and I met some of his friends at a place that has 50 beers on tap.  And numerous other beers you can buy.  We only tried two, and thought, good thing we don't live close by or we'd be there too often.  Dogs were allowed, and so I brought Remi, but as soon as we entered, he turned around and wanted out - too much commotion for him so he ended up waiting in the car.  I was not so thrilled with how many IPAs they had on tap, and very few ales (only 2 or 3 out of 50!).  I like IPAs just fine, but they can be too hoppy and I don't get why they are SO popular these days, at least in Seattle.

Today I decided to shave my "winter" legs and wear shorts!  It was 45 F, and my legs were a bit cold, for sure, but so nice to feel lighter while running.  I also ran faster than I normally do, as I was a bit cold everywhere, except my hands.  7 miles - and it felt really good!

Cross-country skiing tomorrow!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

Coast Walker...7.6 sounds greta.

C-R, glad to hear about the pain free!!! SWEET!

8 Berthas. Wow. I'm thinking that would be a nice sequel to Disney's adaptation of "The Brave Little Taylor". The main character "got 7 with one blow!".

MikeE, Debbie could get a 2nd job to finance your 2020 event. Also, when I set in the back of churches, people hand me a nice sized basket of money and it's close to an exit.

Those kids are breath taking.

Holly, that's some head wind.

Enke, what a nice time.

Tag and I picked up Mia and we all did 7 miles on a new trail.

Day number 2 with DW out of two until Friday. I'm not liking it. The toilet is clogged and I'm out of pop tarts. I may not survive.

SteveP

TammyinGP

4 miles on the hometrails. good run today. now all 3 dogs are napping.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ANTARCTICA

MikeE - no need to go to Antarctica; just get some stuffed penguins
              and go up and run around outside of erika's house 200 or 300 times
              as a local runner here had to do 400 times around the 345' perimeter
              deck of the transport ship caught off Antarctica in bad weather in 2001.
              ps - drop off my travel consultant commission on your way up there,

. . . or give it to some down-and-outer now reaching rural Oregon, it seems.

Tammy - very nice depth, etc.

maybe enke and MBE can add some ski tracks in there too..

MTM -
              lou - great finding of the “spunky” episode for a guy who doesn’t
              have a cell phone. I won’t do a Lou Grant to Lou you and say

what I think of people who are so good at computers.
              ps jeanne - I saw last night’s too.
              My heart really leapt out when for an “MTM Marathon”
              but it was on tv not on the streets of Minneapolis.

PIZZA
              I ate the first pizza in my life when I arrived at the college dorm
              . . . 55 years ago to join some other early arrivals (who had grown up
              . . . on pizza) for orientation, etc. five days before the food service opened.
              I ate the second pizza in my life four days before the food service opened.
              I ate the third pizza in my life three days before the food service opened.
              I ate the fourth pizza in my life two days before the food service opened.
              I ate the fifth pizza in my life the day before the food service opened.
              I've never liked pizza ever since and maybe eat one a year, if that.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

we are going out for dinner tonight - to a place that has great wood-fired pizzas (amongst other things).

I think I'm blaming all this pizza talk on making me want that for dinner tonight.

Tammy

evanflein

Tammy, that sounds like a scary encounter. Hope all turns out ok.

20.2 miles done and holy carp was that hard. Legs were tired from the start, and to top it off, I think I hit every single stinkin' stoplight right after it turned red. Even the little side road intersections I can usually just dart right through had traffic. Sheesh! But I'm very glad to have that done. I'm sure my legs will be sore tomorrow, this run just felt really hard. Maybe it's the back-to-back 50 mile weeks that are getting to me. Tomorrow will be an easy short recovery run, but I'm at 50 miles exactly today, and 205 already for January (first 200 mile month since last June).

Mariposai

12.5ish for me this AM  on the TM
                    Stay warm out there peeps.

Now to me that is endurance running. 12 miles on the TM is hard.

Great job Erika with her looonnnng run today. Graet job on that50 miler weeks. I have not seeing that on my weekly log for a looong time.

Only 5 miles for me, then it was son Xcountry skiing, then assisting my DH to deliver a retirement party for one of his staff. It was fun to see old friends since DH started his career at the Winthrop Forest Service District and many of the people he is supervising now were his peers at that time. My chocolate cake with huge pinecone as a decoration went well.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard