Masters Running

Leave town, sex change or get younger? (Read 475 times)

Ray Moose, We all have a point beyond which our bodies cannot perform, and your point is far beyond mine. I struggle to run 20 mpw without injury. So I have no sympathy! But seriously, I suggest you enjoy the high level at which you are currently able to perform, and recognize that you like every other runner exists on a continuum of talent and durability. There are some runners at a higher level, but not many; there are a great many runners--practically everyone--at lower levels. Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
      rbbmoose, we've all got our own standards and goals. I relate more to what hermosa said but realize that with your ability that doesn't work for you. You are more than respectable and I hope that you can come up with an option so that you can beat your nemesis. Congratulations on your "respectable" marathon. TomS
        Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions. A guy from work came by today to congratulate me on being second Masters at Phily. I told him I was actually 3rd - cause that's what Marathon Guide had me listed, but as it turns out the 2nd place guy actually ran over 6 hours and must have screwed up the timing somehow. So I was second AG and second Master... Sounds better than 3rd - Philly doesn't give money past first master and only real cheap plaques for the AG awards - all in all, I'd rather get some pie, turkey or socks. Ray
        DoppleBock

Tried that in 07... Dropped from 2:45 to just under 2:42. "Bob" dropped from 2:35 to 2:32. Any other suggestions? Ray
          Slip a Bob some ex-lax ? I have a 2007 OTQ guy in my age group locally + a 1996 OTQ guy that's still fast enough, so the best I can hope for when both of them show up is 3rd place.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !