Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 7.29.17 (Read 29 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, welcome to Colorado!  Hope your family enjoys the park - it's pretty amazing.

Congrats to the Rocket Scientist for his 50th marathon!  I love that he put off seeing the doc about his knee till after the race.  Sounds like something I would do...

I just got back from a late afternoon 10 mile run in my local state park.  I felt pretty sproinky, maybe because it was 60 and overcast!  I probably incurred some sort of fine because I ran with my raincoat tied around my waist, but it rained all morning here, and looked like it might rain again at any time, although it didn't.  I usually  put my raincoat in my hydration vest, but opted not to wear the vest today because it was so cool, and there's water at one of the picnic areas on my loop.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Congratulations to the rocket scientist on his 50th state. Still no computer here, so typing from cell is painful.

7 miles today plus 8 hours of going through the messiest part of my basement,  the craft room abd tiding up. What a chore.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

8.2 miles, with the middle 4 along the river. Lots of people floating the river in kayaks, canoes and rafts today, looked like fun.

TammyinGP

got out for 6.5 miles this morning before it got too hot. at least it stayed just barely under the 100 mark today. tomorrow should be 100 and 112 by Wednesday. We are leaving Tues to head up to Portland area for college visits though. the hottest day of the week will be Wed and that is when we'll be touring OSU all day - general tours, business college, honors college, etc. ughh, nothing like walking around a campus when it's 100+ out.  

Night all!

Tammy