Masters Running

Thirsty Thursday (Read 43 times)

spacityrunner

I'm blaming it on the cold weather but I just knocked out 2.6 miles in 29 minutes.  Now that is way speedy for me!!!

Trails Rock!

{{{Holly}}}  Hang in there...and I really do hope your DD gets to stay with the BB team.  She obviously has lots of "spunk", and it just needs to be put to better use - in another direction.  If she seeks popularity, I am sure she can find it in more productive ways at school.

3 easy miles for me.  Wow, it was nice out.  About 44 F, no wind, and the sun came out.  I was almost too warm in my tights, but not quite ready to bare my white flabby legs in shorts.  A nice run....followed by a quick trip to the store, and some road rage inflicted on me because I pulled out into a busy road from a busy mall and a car coming had to slow down a little, probably not break, just slow down.  The driver rode up my a## for a long time, and blared their horn.  Then they oddly, started driving on the far right side of the road (still on my a##), in the bike lane, almost like they were thinking of passing me on the right?  Happily there was a slow driver in front of me (slow as in doing the speed limit).  It wasn't like I could speed up even if I wanted to.  Bizarre.  From the aggressiveness, I had assumed that the driver was male.  When the car went a different direction at a 4 way, I could see it was a middle aged woman!!  Oh My.  What is wrong with people?!?!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 7 miles tonight.  It was colder and windier, today, but I can't complain about 27o at the end of January.

Not a lot more than that is going on so, I'll let you all get back to whatever it was you were doing before you read that I ran 7 miles.

See ya!

flats

turtle runner eximious

6 TM miles, then pizza. Don't judge me.

Michael

Mike E

MM #5615

6 miles...on a treadmill?  Hmm...

Mariposai

6 TM miles, then pizza. Don't judge me.

Got any left over?

MikeE, great for you to embrace the COLD weather.

Nice picture of Marj and Henrun. I just love them.

Kudos to all the runners and posters today. Sorry I was not able to connect until now. Another busy day making a difference.

Twocat, what a shock. I know your contractor. He built the Halloween village platform for you.

Tetsujin, welcome back.

My wings went out for a 5 miler post work today. It was windy, but it sure feels great to be running outside sans ice.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Hey flats, I ran 6.3 miles and then had pizza. And wine. As Planet Fitness says, this is a "No Judgment Zone"!

Well, the normal rule of Alaska mild, Minnesota cold must be broken. We had mid to upper 20's today and it felt awesome. I ran 6.3 miles at a slow-end of GA pace that felt about right for the conditions. Then we had the aforementioned pizza and wine at DH's office, then went to a talk on campus about how our medical data is being sold... my response is yeah, well, so what. He couldn't say what the downside was, other than some excessive marketing efforts by these companies. If the U.S. would pull it's head out of it's .... and not allow these direct-to-consumer advertising on TV and other media, it wouldn't be such an issue.

SteveP

TwoCat. Sorry to hear about your fix it all person.

Pizza you say.

SteveP