Masters Running

Fridaily in the wind (Read 42 times)

pfriese

An easy recovery jog to the park & back for 5 miles today. Most muscle soreness is gone. Now if I could just shake this airplane cold/bronchitis/asthma. I'll be ready to race (5K) tomorrow.

Paul

mta: tomorrows race forecast - 43°, rain, 20mph wind.... Didn't I just do that in Boston? Good news... it's a circuit of the OSU campus so the wind will only be in my face for only a portion of the race unlike Boston's in-your-face-the-whole-way.

so 35-min ARC work-out...

..........guy next to me wasn't using his hand grips, I tried that and about Killed Myself

That's what happened to me the one and only time I've tried to use a elliptical and tried to NOT use the hand grips.

Tammy - I don't think we've had any snow . . . I'll look outside. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Just picked up 3 lbs of Jay's day boat scallops.  Turns out that's their last trip of the season, so most will go into the freezer for treats later in the year.  Yumm.

oh yeah, no run today either.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Paul- I don't see how you can face that again- at ALL!!!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

An easy recovery jog to the park & back for 5 miles today. Most muscle soreness is gone. Now if I could just shake this airplane cold/bronchitis/asthma. I'll be ready to race (5K) tomorrow.

Paul

mta: tomorrows race forecast - 43°, rain, 20mph wind.... Didn't I just do that in Boston? Good news... it's a circuit of the OSU campus so the wind will only be in my face for only a portion of the race unlike Boston's in-your-face-the-whole-way.

Yikes!! Say it isn't so!!!!

Slept 10 hours last night but still can't kick the cough!! Standing in a cemetery for a memorial service for an hour today probably didn't help. I really thought I would get out this afternoon for an easy run, but I just cant deal with the rawness in the air or the wind!! Tomorrow driving to Maine for a retreat meeting then supposed to run a 5k on Sunday -- should be interesting after a week of no running!!

denise

6.2 in circles

2x 200-400-800 + 2x200 @ 5:30-6:00 pace to make it 2 miles of speed work.  warmup/cooldown. I'm not very confident about an 11:00 3k in a couple weeks. But the show must go on.

No real wind for me today! about 65-70 at the track. Did track plogging as usual to clear the trash out of lane 1. Getting to know the regular walkers there, exchanged hellos and waves.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Anzlo

Quick post, 7 miles of my usual run/walk but a little faster at 10:45 just for the feel.  Away a few days with family things so no running or likely posting.

Have a great weekend and God's speed to our event guys and gals !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Like Deez, I developed a cold this week.  It started Sunday evening and my Monday I was dealing with scratchy throat, cough, sniffling, feeling cruddy, etc.  I have not had a cold in ages, so I am trying not to complain, but it is of course annoying.  Yesterday I ran/walked 3 miles and then gave up because I just had no energy.

My in-laws from Wyoming arrived yesterday for a short visit, just until Monday.  So far, so good.

I wanted to do my last LR before The Pig today, but this cold has me down, so I put it off until Sunday.  That will give me a two-week taper.  If you could call what I have been doing lately anything that needs to be tapered from. 

No run for me today, swimming instead - 50 times across the pool (1250 yards).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg - sorry about that dang back pain but it sounds like you are listening to your body.  Hang in there, girl.

Hi Roch!  I can't think about getting my bike(s) out until my fractured wrist heals.  Good to see ya!

RunnerKsa - You are dedicated to this streak & I hear ya on getting all the duds on to face the cold.

Dave - ° ° °  Here's some degrees you can copy and paste.  Cool fog picture.

Jay - you have a regular B & B there, nice to entertain so many.

Jlynne - we should be over 60° on Monday!! I can't wait.

QuickAdder - I still don't have my taxes done - Ack! I hate waiting to find out if we owe.  The extension is filed but we haven't heard a thing.

Tammy - wow, gardening already? I am going to rake the mulch off my tulips & daffodils that I planted last fall.  I hope they all come up. I hope your running goes great.

Paul - ufda! Another race so soon after Boston?

Deez - man, you sure get your share of illness.  Is it from work? I've heard that you should soak your toothbrush in listerine.  You too Holly!

Well, I got nothing for running today but my SpinID on Wheel of fortune was only two numbers off last night!  I feel lucky.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Hi, dg.  I missed watching the Boston Marathon with you, this year.  Dang job!

I went 8 miles, today, after a long hard day at work.  I was on my knees scraping tape off a hardwood floor for about 3 hours...my knees are shot.  They have one week and a day to get over it.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, a bit over 5 this morning.  After walking part of the first mile (to warm up my right knee) the rest was at or under 8:30.  Cool morning, which I enjoy.  Nice run.  Lots of walking at work and then a short 2.4 mile run after work.  Carpet in the apartment were cleaned today.  20 minutes total.  Amazing.  Gave me time to get many things done at work.

On the news front, what sounds like good news out of North Korea.  I've been in the Air Force since my commissioning in 1987 (when there still was a Soviet Union).  So while I certainly welcome the news, I remember Reagan's words, "Trust.  But verify."  I hope it comes to fruition.

Paul, good luck tomorrow.  I think I'm going to hold off running a race with you!  :-)

RunnerKSA, this comment is coming from a glass house (I really should be taking time off for my knee) but continue to be patient.

Have a great night everyone!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Paul - permission granted, . . . as long as you wear your 2018 Boston jacket.
                          Have fun.

Paul/Holly - me too coughing and hacking so hard for some reason since last weekend that the muscles at the bottom of the back of my ribs hurt so much when I cough that I fight it as long a possible but can’t stop.  So bad, I went to the doc and fount out it’s probably influenza B so, at least, not pneumonia I was worried about at my age. Fortunately, got through the night without waking up to cough and greatly subsided today, . . . but still hurts......

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Good to see the daily with so many posts!

Tomorrow I give my discussion. Tomorrow I also catch a plane back home. Today I was just an audience member.

During today's lunch break I went for a 7 mile run. It did not go great. Some hamstring pain. I am going to go back on to the running DL for another couple of weeks at least.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

bioguy

A very slow 5 mile run/walk today as I begin the taper. Mrs Bio and I used a coupon given to all teachers in trhe county for the new bbq joint in town and we were very impressed and will return and will return at some point though both of us are eating less meat these days. Watched Moll's Game on DVD.

Tailwinds!