Masters Running

Sunday, July 27 runs and funs (Read 399 times)

evanflein

Impressive long runs for WRFB and PDR... I had a long one on the schedule too (19) but I didn't want to do it. My toe is still sore where that blister was. Seems like every run eats into it a little more... so today I decided to run with no wrap or anything except lots of Glide. Seemed to work... hurt a little bit on the uphills but overall was ok. I didn't make 19 miles though... 17 miles in 2:22:30 for 8:23 avg pace. I was feeling pretty much done by 13.5 when DH called and asked where I was. Seems someone wanted to run with me for a bit! DS2, who turns 14 tomorrow, needs to run 2 miles steady for soccer. Coach wants them to run 2 miles in 14 minutes (!!) which I think is a little ambitious. Most of these kids couldn't run two 7 minute miles in a row! So by mile 14 they'd caught up to me and I was really surprised how nice it was to have someone to run with! We ran/jogged and took a 1 minute walk break in the second mile. He does need new shoes, I think he pronates. But he did the 2 miles, it's a start. And I finished by running down my favorite hill in 7:43. Overall, I was amazed at how even most of my miles were. Mile Splits: 8:19 8:09 8:16 8:22 8:25 8:24 8:25 8:17 8:23 8:49 (uphill) 8:16 8:25 8:14 8:33 8:15 9:13 (walk break with Kris) 7:43 (downhill!) It was raining when I started, then just misty/moisty, then the sun came out and it got warm, then cool and breezy... I think we had it all today! Nonoruns, sure hope your dad is ok and just tired and burned out. Hugs and healing vibes to your family. And I agree with the others that I think you have a terrific attitude. Enke, I agree 100%. Gordon is so much fun in person and I don't think his avatar does him justice at all. Can't wait for the Ragnar Reports!!
      8.5 Miles easy - 1:10:43 (8:20) - 72 degrees and humid - those thunderstorms hit us hard again today. Cry