Masters Running

Philly Distance Run - my first HM adventure (Read 302 times)

Yeah!  Awesome race and race report!  Thanks for sharing!!  What's next????

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mariposai

Eliz, your race report inspired me so much. Thanks for sharing the details with us. I loved ready each paragraph for it made me feel as if I was right there with you.

What is next????

Congrats on this huge accomplishment.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

CONGRATULATIONS, HALF-MARATHONER!!!  Great race and report!  And I totally agree with you about the Cytomax - YUCK!  They served that at the Seattle R&R and mostly I just stuck with my water and gels.  And as for the imodium, well, now you know why I take it before any longer race.  You just never know where the port-o-potties are when you need them!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

You're the Boss!!  Smile

oh and about this,   "decided I'm running up those suckers a la Rocky Balboa after the race next year!"

Yeah, good luck with that!  Wink

Congratulations!  Great race, and great report!  

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

I had a fantastic time. 

I read the rest, but this always works.  Congratulations.

Not at it at all. 

Thanks for the great report Eliz.  You did it & you can't wait for your next run, that's truely fantastic.  Already planning for a future half marathon, that's what makes it a successful half marathon.  Congratulations!!!

Do those steps before the race & make sure you get a picture  

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

I just LOVED reading this Eliz and there was no way I was going to skim. I waited for a less work clogged morning so I could read it all. Way to go! You hit the important goals right on----having fun, looking good and finishing with thoughts of the next races already forming. You inspire us back all the time.

Sorry about the Cytomax experience though----any of that stuff---Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax you name it and I am toast---only plain water or Nuun tabs in my water. You toughed it out though and did yourself proud. 

Congratulations!

WTG -- congrats on the first and thanks for sharing a great report.  I hope it's the first of many!

2012= under-goaled

huskydon

Eliz,

Congratulations!  Great job! 

I thoroughly enjoyed your report.  Best wishes for the next race!

dg.

Eliz, I'm so happy for you!!!   You overcame all obstacles, even the unexpected ones that came up during the race!  They say learning to cope on the fly & adjust your plans instead of freaking out is a big factor in success.   And you succeeded!    I love the way you turned nerves into psyched...  I'm going to have to start practicing that myself.    How cool that you saw your former students.  

I'm so glad your foot is ok, and that you had a great time!!   Can't wait to hear about the next one.  

Congratulations!