NoRunningAtAll

=========

40-min PoolRun, no belt, closed fists, run in shallows

back is better,

but

we have to go back Wed and finish Cleaning Student Center

hope the Little Beer Swilling Presbyterians appreciate it

......................good running and racing to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Snork at the Little Beer Swilling Presbyterians! Ha, some of us resemble that remark....

So on the subject of random "owies," I have a thing in my right ankle that's bothering me. When I get up after sitting awhile, that first step sometimes has a sharp pain right under my right outer ankle bone. Yow! No swelling, no discoloration, and it's fine after I'm up and moving. No pain while walking or running, it's just that first step... I have no idea, and no idea what to do about it. Ice it? Ice what? There's nothing to see so I wouldn't know what to ice, or why. Weird.

...brace it??......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

sounds sort of like area where I had perineal tendinitis, except mine swelled and hurt so probably not a lot of help

Wow, slow day today.  Up in Maine for the weekend.  3.5 miles including the big hill.  Doesn't feel any smaller, but at least it seems to have stopped growing.  Hope I can beat it into submission by the end of the summer.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

tomw, good news on Pickles stable bloodcounts.  evan, nice 1st AG in your mile race.  tet, your comments about aging and running sound like ones I'd make.  Starr, positive vibes for MrStarr on his upcoming heart tests.

Twocat, nice long run.

This morning, I did a 5K race.  It was a 5K PW.  My Garmin had a time of 34:32, distance of 3.04, and pace of 11:20.  I did .6 miles before the race and 1.34 after to call it 5 miles for the day.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Sayhey! MM#130

Sliding in to say hey....had to nap!

managed 16....late start, 84 feels like 92 at the finish, pshew but worth it.

Saw Begin Again, movie with Keira Knightly and Mark Ruffalo & great supporting cast.  Good music too!

Stay cool!

grins

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

well, Water Running beats

NoRunningAtAll

......................good running and racing to ya

thanks tom.

so does running (kind of) up-and-down 4,400 feet

in the Taylor Mountain Marathon even though

it took more than twice as long

as Marathon no. 1 in June 1977.

(3:52:13 vs. 8:16:36.6)  whew.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Aamos, will have to add that movie to my bucket list. Nice 16 miler. You always inspire me.

Tselbs, time is irrelevant. The most important thing is that you showed up to run.

Had a great morning run with the Easy Pacer, who is way faster than me nowdays. 7 miles together, then I came home to decorate two cakes. One was a 25th anniversary cake, the other one a cake for a party. I had fun.

Tomorrow is a long run for my wings...Aiming at 12.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

No running again, although I worked in the yard and garden for about 3 hours yesterday, and according to my Fitbit, I am getting my 10,000 steps every day (which seems to be a little over 4 miles).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."