Masters Running

Sunday, September 27----Bueller? Bueller? are you there? (Read 350 times)

Hi All,

Just 7 nice and slow recovery miles for me on a quiet , cool, very humid (weather site said 100% humidity .. thats rain right?? .. No rain but just as close as you could come) Sunday morning after half marathon yesterday.

Was nice to see a lot of good race reports today from breaking barriers to running the first x distances,

Upcoming week is last training week of marathon and going to be putting in my 50 quality miles not matter what then its all down hill till Columbus ... 21 days and counting.

Have been feeling a bit down from what i thought was sub par MP training run on the Akron Half, but thinking back I did what I sent out to do and maybe felt a little less fresh than I would of liked.  But if I had planned a 13 mile MP training run just out on my own and nailed it within 1 second of planned i would be happy ... right.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me - taper day number 20 for next week's Portland Marathon (10/4)

doesn't anyone else taper anymore?

are the goddesses catching some sort of duodecatitis this weekend? - 21.4 / 21 / 20 / 26.2/ i-? / ___

. . . . .(guys - 26.2)

beerie - go for BQ / PR / PB / PDQ / ASAP / tempo / fartlek / etc. in the wine one

and take it easy or do the same or more for Amica.

ps posie - are you running or RD'ing or both next week?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

dg - Congratulations on your first 20+ miler!  You did awesome.

And Holly - As always, I am in awe of your speed.

SLO - Sorry, but finishing a marathon in 3:43 and saying you fell apart, {sigh} having a hard time feeling sorry for you.   Personally, I think that's fantastic!

Teresa - Love the pic of your son.

Erika - Snow?  Already?? Boo hoo.

Aside from still feeling dehydrated, being exhausted from an 8+ hour driving home, and cranky hips and quads, I'm feeling pretty good today.   Think I'll can tomorrow's scheduled easy 3. 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

After 3+ hours... potatoes are all dug and drying in the garage on newspapers; carrots are all pulled and already have 2 half-gallon bags of scrubbed cleaned carrots in the fridge (have about 2 gallons left to go); soaker hoses and regular hoses are all drained, cleaned and rolled up and stored, various gardening tools and implements are cleaned and stored. Whew! got a LOT done out there in the snow (just a little, really, but it's chilly at 34F out there!) and now I'm absolutely pooped. Had some popcorn and wine, (love that combo) and caught up a bit on you guys here.

Deb, that was a great run. I love the "inner Karin" and you should be good to go in those new shoes pretty soon. Shoes don't need much "breaking in" these days.

I think I'll take a rest day tomorrow. Except for pulling the last of the beets (didn't get to them today). That'll be the last thing. (Oh, I was wondering how the leeks had dealt with the cold... shouldn't have bothered: the moose got them.)

Is it too late to post Sunday's run?  

We had 24 neighbors over for a last-gasp summer cookout yesterday, and I was scurrying around all day yesterday trying to get ready.  I didn't even get my run off my Garmin until this morning.

I did manage to get out for a run early in the morning. 8.64 miles at 10:09 pace in a steady drizzle.  Fortunately it cleared by 3 pm and we had lovely weather for our party.  With all the work I put into our garden, it always makes me cranky if we entertain and have to stay inside.  So I was pretty happy to see the sun after all the rain we had this weekend.

dg - congrats on your 20-miler.  It appears to have gone well.  That distance is a big psychological (and physiological) breakthrough.  I hope you engaged in the time-honored tradition of eating everything in sight when you finished.

Baby Nate slept 6.5 hours for the first time Saturday night.  Not too shabby for 5 weeks.  His parents are starting to feel almost human.  We'll seem them again in 3 weeks in Newport.  We chose a New England marathon with the idea that we'd be able to get another baby-fix, and they've consented to spend the whole weekend with us. 

I'm not sure what to do with this double-marathon schedule either.  I would be inclined to try to run Wineglass faster than Amica, mostly because it's a more forgiving course.  I know that I do well with lots of downhill.  But I really don't want to screw up and get injured either.  Guess I'll just see how I feel.

OK - time to move onto Monday.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

SteveP

Thank you all so much.   You make me smile. 

Ok, it's nothing all that exciting but I was happy with it.   I wore my New Shoes for the first 8 miles.  Karin I love it that you wear these, & esp. seeing your great stride with them in your profile photo.   I unleashed my inner Karin & really enjoyed wearing them. They feel great & I am a little faster in them.  and people smile at me. Wink.   Only thing is, I"m not sure I have time to really get used to them before the marathon.  Feet & shins hurt the last couple of miles, so I changed to Frees.  Will keep trying though.    My pace included almost all water/fuel stops, & a pitstop.  I stopped the clock for shoe changing & 1 or 2 gu wrastling stops.  Average pace was 10:19, max 8:55.  miles (I have to do this, sorry!)  were 10:18, 10:02, 9:46, 9:47, 10:10, 9:53, 10:39, 9:54, 10:17, 11:44, 11:04 (?), 10:13, 10:13, 10:18, 10:10, 10:07, 10:33, 10:28, 10:15, 10:07.   did the last .12 at 9:25, & the 8:55 was at the end.     Overall it went pretty well!  Kept just telling myself I was running (not too hard a stretch) & that I was relaxed & was just going to keep doing it & enjoy the scenery, even though I'd seen it several times already. ;-).    After mile 14 my S/I joint or lower back started hurting a lot, I wonder if wearing a belt changed my posture a little.  Kept playing with that.  It was a problem for a while after I was done but seems to be fine now. 

It's very exciting!!! You rock Deg!!!!!

SteveP

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Here I am!  Oh. Wait. You said "Bueller" Not Buehrle...

Nevermind.

But wait! 

I just wanted to pop in and say "Hello".  I hear some of you are running Columbus.  Ralph and I are going to run Indianapolis the day before Columbus.  Right after we finish in Indy we are heading toward Columbus.

I told Ralph I simply must be there when deebeegeebee runs her longest run ever...

He contemplated running both... I am hoping we won't do this.  It could mean disaster for our legs... and everything else!

Please keep me in the Columbus loop!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

dg.

yay Rosie's on RA again Big grin.       every time I see this thread I think of you.  

"He contemplated running both... I am hoping we won't do this.  It could mean disaster for our legs... and everything else!".... um, which one of you is 'we'?         do you really think you might? he might?

I'm so glad you're going to be there.   We have to talk more about that.

Maybe we should start a Columbus thread.