Masters Running

Wednesday 9/26/18 (Read 43 times)

34 minutes on the elliptical in the work gym.  Didn't enjoy it, but got it done.  We need some maintenance in the gym- we've been in the building 4 years and things are starting to break or fall apart.  The plastic on the arm handles was loose and flapping.  The TV remote lost the back cover and you had to be careful or the batteries fall out.  I'm glad to have the resource, but we need to either replace some things or get a better maintenance plan.     Ordering a pizza now to undo all that.....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618

We need some maintenance in the gym- we've been in the building 4 years and things are starting to break or fall apart.  The plastic on the arm handles was loose and flapping.  The TV remote lost the back cover and you had to be careful or the batteries fall out.  I'm glad to have the resource, but we need to either replace some things or get a better maintenance plan. 

True that.   I sign the invoices at our company and see the treadmill and equipment maintenance bills.   These are machines, not a fine wine...they don't get better with age.    Often comes down to one interested person caring a bit for it...helps if said person has some mechanical sense too.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

mrrun

Back from an afternoon that only a grandparent could enjoy.  I drove 1 1/2 hours to watch GS run 1 mile cross-country - 8 min 40 sec - 15 seconds faster then last week.  had dinner and drove home another 90 minutes hitting only minor traffic near Fenway Park.  fortunately his hockey games last longer!

have a greta evening

Joe-  We are trying to work a deal with the huge Y down the street to share their maintenance folks.  We're a big company and a popular corporate citizen, so hopefully we can get somewhere.  I'm pretty happy with our gym- it's not like the big health clubs that you pay to join, but it has pretty much everything we need.  They even provide towels for us and lockers that lock.  We have a short running path right outside the building and you can connect into a nice neighborhood for running.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I ran 4 miles with the varsity girls, 2 more on my own, then went to the pasta feed.  We have a meet. tomorrow.

Good luck at court, Holly.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, slept too late for a pre-dawn run (starting to sound like a broken record....and in this forum I don't have to explain that reference!).  Today was meeting hell, so no lunch run.  Paid off though as when I finally ran (after work) it was in the rain (sorry Twocat).  Felt great.  A bit over 9 min/mile pace for 4+ miles.

Steve, Boun Compleanno!

Paul, great pics!  Never been to Paris (yet?), definitely would like to.

Have a great night everyone!

evanflein

Happy birthday, Steve. Funny kid, your GS. Nothing more than you deserve, really. 

Hang in there, Holly. Hope all goes well with the implant. When I was having problems with mine, I was hoping it wasn't broken. It was just a loose screw fastening the crown to the abutment, so I lucked out. And hope all goes well for DD. One of these days she'll learn it's better to share everything rather than try to hide stuff.

Ran home from work today, and asked DH to pick me up at the bottom of the hill to our house. The rest of the run was hilly enuf. So, 8 miles tonight, a good solid run. Was more than happy for the ride the last 2 miles.