Masters Running

Friday (Yes!), 1.27.17 (Read 41 times)

..actually

you can begin to Hallucinate when you ride and X-Bike for 10-min every hour.........

I was getting

HowdyDoody Reruns at the end there

But I'm Feeling MUCH Better Now

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

flats

turtle runner eximious

5k tonight on the TM. LR in the AM.

Michael

evanflein

Twocat's math works for me. Smile  As for the medical data, most that is sold is "de-identified," but of course, depending on the size of the population in question (it frequently has zip code info for geographic relevance), it's not too hard to back into the identity of the person.

The pizza we've had recently has been chicken with a white sauce, mushrooms and lots of garlic. Yum. I'm not as much a fan of "traditional" pizza but won't turn it down. But mushrooms are a must.

Glad to hear DD can still play BBall, Holly, at least for now. Hope it was enough of a scare that she thinks about consequences, but who knows. She's a teen and has years of that condition ahead of her. Hang in there, mom.

4.2 easy miles today, got out while it was still daylight so didn't need the headlamp. I've got a mark on my nose from the last couple of days' worth slipping down and bonking me.

mrrun

Twocat's math works for me. Smile  As for the medical data, most that is sold is "de-identified," but of course, depending on the size of the population in question (it frequently has zip code info for geographic relevance), it's not too hard to back into the identity of the person.

back in the olden days when i was a worker-bee, we didn't release medical data by zip code unless the population was large enough so people couldn't be identified.  this often meant that data would either be combined (e.g. add martha's vineyard and nantucket to cape cod) or just left out

Marathon Maniac #957

The only complaint I ever had with a pizza was when someone brought a vegan pizza. Not even the fake cheese was on it. Just tomato sauce and some veggies. And on a thin crust.  IMO that's not pizza but bruschetta.

When I ran Boston in 2010, we went to WRFB's for the post-race celebration.  Lou (WRFB) was bringing some of his home-brewed beer.  I think I shocked Erika a little by stopping to get some Bud Lite on the way over because, truth be told, I prefer watered-down beer, especially after a race. But what I remember most was the awful pizza - thin whole wheat crust with veggies - it may have been vegan, I don't know, but it tasted like corrugated cardboard to me.  Since I spend most of my life on a diet, so to speak, after running a marathon I want to cut loose with the calories a little, and I was a bit let down that day.  I think that is the only pizza I have ever had that I didn't like.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

but here's the finished project. my trees are a bit more snow heavy than I think I wanted, but I guess with all that snow we recently had, that was the vision stuck in my head.

Image may contain: one or more people and table

That picture is outstanding. However, you raised a guy like David. I'm not surprised. I really want to run there.

Pizza is like intimate interludes. Even when it's not good....it's still really good.

Twocat, my smoker of several years had the heating element drop out of the bottom of Christmas day. GGgrrrr. Brine a turkey in peach juice amaretto, kosher salt, sever herbs and spices.

DW and the neighbors are off to Disney for a week. DS is on pet duty next door. I took the pup (Mia) and the older dog (Moe). Moe barely has two miles left in him but he had fun. I've only taken Moe since Mia came into the picture. He and Tag had been vicious enemies. After Moe's much older sister passed, the neighbor dog had begun to warm up to Tag. Once in a blue moon, we'll catch them being nice to each other.

We started after sunset. I've never noticed this tree before.

Now I must show it to our grandkids and tell them how it followed us down the trail.

Gratuitous pictures of the dogs.

SteveP