Masters Running

Saturday, November 10 Sunny Weekend Runs (Read 378 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

I'll be heading over to my friend's house in a bit to drive to the race.  This will be my first 15K, and I have no real idea of how fast to go.  Probably I'll go out way too fast, burn out at about 6 miles,and staggar the rest of the way in with a bad side cramp.  Or not.  We'll see.  Smile

Looking at that Moab Marathon, sure looks tempting.  What amazing views!  Don't know how the elevation would affect me, though.  Still, it's something to think about....

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

'Morning, Holly!  Have fun at your race! I'm headed out soon to pick up Seemomgo for our trail HM this morning.  The good news:  it's not snowing yet!  I hope it holds off till after the race is done.

I'm looking forward to seeing you next week, too!  And all the rest of the RA contingent in Monkey-land.  And I'm NOT worried about Trent's "big hills."   His big hills are 9,000 ft lower than my big hills.  Smile

Moab is only 4,000 - 5,000 elevation, no not super high.  You could always come stay with me for a few days first, because after my altitude, that would feel really low.   You asked in the RR thread about where to fly into - either Denver, and you could drive with me, or Grand Junction CO.    It's a 7 hour drive from here, though, and about 2 hrs from Grand Junction. 

Happy Saturday, everyone.  Enjoy the day, whatever you're up to!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I started running again just over 2 months ago and have now lost 25 pounds...Today I'm running a 5K Turkey Trot...It feels so good to be running again...the real racing will start next spring and summer...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

...GoodRacing holly

and

WELL DONE lynden//

''Moab''........I enjoy saying that name

========

...but I digress.....

......28min poolrun

.........2nd bike ride

tomorrow on my NEW BIKE..........ohboyohboy

not as good a NewShoes, but pretty close.

........................good running guys..........Pickles is taking me on an ''Art Prowl'' this afternoon (whatever that is)

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Probably I'll go out way too fast, burn out at about 6 miles,and staggar the rest of the way in with a bad side cramp. 

Hey, that's always my strategy!  Have fun.

Gordon--25 pounds in 2 months is amazing!  Great job.

Gorgeous day here.  Perfect day for those folks running Richmond this morning. 

I enjoyed a nice 16.2 mile run, just running easy and enjoying the better views of the river now that the leaves are mostly down.

Have a good weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Heading out at noon today to spend the weekend down in Miami.  I have my International-length Triathlon tomorrow morning.  1000m swimming, 22 miles riding, and 6.6 miles running.  I'm not expecting anything, except to finish and have fun.

It's been so nice here since our Summer ended about 2 weeks ago.  71° and low humidity at 8AM.  Ahhhh.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

mrrun

Good runs so far and happy racing Holly and others!

Ran 5 in glorious fall weather.   Off to the theater later today and GD1 6 yo birthday party tomorrow.  GD2 helped me wrap the present this morning and told me she wanted the same gift - Hanukkah is coming soon...so spoiled child will get her present.

Happy week-end runs and bikes to all!

marj

King of PhotoShop

Go get it Holly!

Great job Gordon on that weight loss!

4.6 easy for me, just enough to get 40 in for the week. Hoping for 12-13 wave run tomorrow.

Here is what surprised and disappointed me yesterday. I've known David Petraeus since he was a little kid. I graduated from high school with his sister.  They lived right around the corner from me.  I couldn't believe this news. He was always a great person, well-liked, did the right thing, wonderful parents.  I could not have been more surprised about this.  OTOH, he did a lot better than some of these politicians who when exposed for doing the absolutely wrong thing, refuse to step down.  Maybe he will rebound from this.  Spareribs

Mariposai

Good luck to the weekend racers!

Tramps,  the description of your run makes me want to go out and do the same, but no...I shall abstain to run long today.

Breger1, good luck on your tri-race!

Lynden, 25pds in two months that is impressive. Great to see you racing again. What is your spring racing plan?

Pirate, enjoy your 'Art Prowl'. Great second bike outing. 

Marj, what are you seeing at the theater? Have fun at the birthday party tomorrow. I enjoy little kids party.

SpareRibs, PosieSon2 invited me to see Skyfall  with him tomorrow night. I am looking forward to our outing and the movie. 

Gorgeous weather here as well. I was up at 6 with DH who left this early morning to visit his mom in OR prior to a week long seminar he has to attend in Portland next week. The plan is to run 20 this weekend, and I decided not to run it today since I don't want to be too tired for the Rotary International Wine and Cheese party  tonight (the one Dievechief attended with us last year). Got to wear high heels with the new cocktail dress I bought of the occasion and high heels after a 20 miler is not possible for me anymore. So running 20 tomorrow I will do.

I will go out for an hour run in the sun after I get the house ready for company. We have two couple who are going to the tasting party with us me (since my DH is not here) and they will spend the night here. So...it is cooking time for my butterfly wings! Love it!

So, what is your plan for the three-day weekend?

Yes, that Moab trail marathon looks very, very tempting, hummm.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning!  Or afternoon, depending on where you are.

Good luck to everybody racing today!  I see wild is doing a half marathon...a week after a marathon...and a week before another marathon...oh wild....

I just got back from volunteering at The Diva Dash 5K and 10K.  It was held about 1/4 mile from my house, so I thought it would be the perfect race to work at.  There were about 1400 runners and I snipped off timing chips for about an hour and a half.  The next time I wear one of those things I will not tie them in my laces, use 5 zip-ties to attach it to my shoe, or sinch the zip-ties down so tight the poor guy trying to snip it off can't slip the snipper in to snip it.  You can learn a lot working at a race.  Here's a question--why would you keep wearing an old timing chip in your shoe...or 2...or 3?  Anyway--I had a great time.  I would have, probably, enjoyed being out on the course someplace, but when you volunteer, you go where they need you, I guess.  I ran the 10K course before the race--it was fantastic.  It was through the trail system that I have been running on lately.  The two wooden bridges are so cool to run over. The race director did a great job.

My boss called me during the whole thing to talk about the project that I'm overseeing.  I should have never answered my dang phone.  I had to listen to him complain for about 10 minutes....oops...I told myself I would never get on here and complain about my job...sorry.  Now you know why I haven't been on here much since I started working there.

Okay--that's it from me.  I have to get ready for a granddaughter's birthday party...and wait for another phone call...      

Dave59

I had a good confidence building long run today at the Midland Half Marathon.  Except for a bathroom stop just before the halfway point I was able to keep chugging the whole way without feeling sick.  I hope I can build on this and get back in my old groove.  By my watch it wasn't even an expected PW, but once the official results are in it will be.  My watch stops when I'm not moving so my official time will be 1-2 minutes slower for the bathroom stop,

evanflein

Good for you, Dave! Well done and I'm glad you felt pretty good.

Have fun at the races, Holly and Wildchild (and Seemomgo). Can't wait to hear about them. I've never raced a 15k but it seems like it would be a good distance. We don't have any 15k or 10 mile races which is too bad because I think that's about a perfect distance.

Mike, I kept my Boston 2010 chip on my shoe for quite awhile. Felt like it was my good luck charm since I PR'd that race. I didn't want to lose it though, so after a few months I took it off, but I've saved it. We don't have any chip timed races, so it's not like it got crowded out or anything. Good job on volunteering today, and yes we can learn a lot by watching others, right?

Another gorgeous day here. We really lucked out with the weather this week. It was cold today though at 36° when I headed out, so I wore my capris, my Equinox shirt, and socks on my hands again. Ran down to the waterfront and it was a lot faster today with no traffic! Only had to stop a couple times the whole way down. Then off toward Terminal 91 again, and there was a race along the waterfront that had runners returning as I was heading out. Another runner and I asked if it was ok to run and they said yes, so she and I headed out together a bit, then I moved on ahead. Got to where I turned around before and trusted Divechief's comments that the trail really did continue on and it did. Ended at a pretty harbor with lots of nice yacht-type boats, very cool and the views were great. What a nice day! Headed back to the pier where I started, got a coffee at Starbucks and walked back up the hill. 

10.1 miles run, 1.3 mile walked. Heading home later today and will be home by 11 p.m. It's snowing in Fairbanks, but at least it's warmed up!

Bushrat Runner

Need to ensure I am accountable to somebody...so I'll post my intention to get my feet on the (icy) road today...

Lots of good running going on, good job and good luck everyone. 

And a special congratulations to lyndenrunner, that's fantastic.

Mariposai

Go OrangeMat go!!! 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Go OrangeMat go!!! 

....Can I get an ''Amen''??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....