Masters Running

40s, 50s, 60s+ On the Run - w/e 03/13 (Read 501 times)

Oh, and the petri dish office - yuck. What can I say? Wash your hands a lot. Make sure no one gets near your stuff (phone, keyboard etc.). Make a habit of not touching your face. 

I "yelled" at my boss when she tried to use our phone the other day and she looked liked hammered dog poo.  I was like, "Oh no you don't!!"  And, although it's been a battle, I've overcome my nose picking habit.

Will definitely take it easy when I start wearing the Frees.

Blessed rest day, and I took advantage of it by not getting up 'til almost 8:00.  Was just about to drag myself outta bed when Goomba decided to snuggle up against my head.  *sigh*  Had to stay and listen to kitty purring for a few more minutes.

My second weekend of long back-to-backs - 26/18.  This time, though Karen, will be running with me the last 16 of the 26.  She's going to be pacing me at AR50, so I need to get more used to her telling me what to do.

Have a Happy Friday, folks!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

I couldn't seem to get a run in edgwise this week. Lack of motivation probably part of it but I did get 4.2 in tonite. My run partner went awol halfway home locking on to some scent she couldn't resist. I doubled back a half mile early a little worried and turned in the drive and opened the door and she was inside drinking. Bad Dog. I went back out solo and finished my run.

I have been trying to get equipment ready, and doing some grain hedging and trading with volatile mkts this week then spent 2 full days with my dad at different docs at the big town (pop28k). He had all the nurses flirting with him, I was like pleeez don't wind him up, we gotta live with him or til we get him home at least. Lynda got a run in while waiting on a test but I was stuck watching mkts and thought someone should be there. Next week looks to be open so have corn to haul and more stuff to get ready to rumble. Our wheat is starting to green up, spring is just about here. So maybe in about a week and a half all hell is gonna break loose here if we stay dry enough to get in the fields. Still fighting my hands, elbow and knee, but a little better, and scabs healing, just swollen and sore. I can almost make a fist with my right hand now.

Happy taper Arla, is that an oxymoron?

Leslie I been carrying around the ol germX ,good luck on your double!!

Hey Ev u got a great response on the RMNP site, hope ur still feeling sound after ur run.

Joe you'll show them young whippersnappers, happy rain running / Buddy. We finally saw the sun today.

Hi Tip, welcome!!

Carol how goes the recovery?

Cindy I see you got tired of working all the time and shoved a rock down on I-70. Oh that prob just meant you got to see the same peeps over and over again.

Hi Jewels hope u get ur race kinks worked out.

Have a great wknd folks!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Happy taper Arla, is that an oxymoron?

Please Jim, there's no need to resort to name calling here.

Jim the wheat fields are a beautiful green here in OK.  I noticed it yesterday with my drive into the big town (OKC).  It really is a beautiful sight especially after the long winter (not that winter isn't beautiful.....just a differnt beauty).  So will you be planting corn?  Is that what you mean by getting in the fields?  Hope all goes well this season.  Thank you for helping me out at rmnp.  It's obvious you are well thought of there. 

Leslie....funny about getting used to Karen telling you what to do.  I guess that's another part of your training regimin  regiman regemin  thing.  (That wasn't lethargica, you know.  I knew what word I was looking for...just a spelling problm.)  Good luck on this weekend runs.  When is it evr going to end?

Intend on getting out for a 6er latr this aftrnoon.

MTA.....Joe's got a new avatar.  "Caution: Zombies ahead."  What's the story on this, Joe?

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Queen of 3rd Place

Jim - sounds like you're healing up nicely, hope you get some springtime runs in before the busy season. I gotta find out what you mean by that rock on I-70.

Leslie - how'd that looooooooong run go?

Not running again today, but have a medium-long 10 mi scheduled for tomorrow, and hoping to feel at least medium-sproinky.

Arla

Ex runner

Hi Peeps -

Jim - Did you end up breaking something in your hand, or just a really bad sprain?  Good luck with the planting.  Keeping fingers crossed it stays nice and dry . . . when appropriate.

Ev - Did ya get yer 6er don?

Arla - Repeat After Me: Taper is almost done.  I can survive the taper!!

My run went really well today.  I (almost) ran a marathon!  Was suppose to do 26, but we called it quits 25.5 'cause I was a bit nauseated and, let's face it, we were tired of climbing.  I'm pooped, pooped, pooped, but things were so much better than last weekend.  I kept my nutrition up, and having someone else there for those 16 trail miles really helped.  I did take in too much toward the end (the reason for the nausea), but that included too much on the fluids.  I plucked a new 26 oz bottle of Amino at about 18 miles, and by about 21 I'd drank almost the whole thing.  Not good.  One of those usually lasts me about 8 miles.  I didn't realize how much I'd taken in, and suddenly I compared mine to Karen's and was like, "Whoops!"  But I was thirsty!

I think what helped is I ate real food out there - chicken noodle soup and turkey/avo sandwich.  The soup got cold real fast and looked totally disgusting, but it tasted good.  Karen couldn't watch me eat it.  Said it reminded her of a time when one of her kids got the poops from bad fish sticks. 

So now I need to keep eating and moving. Unfortunately, I also have a ton of transcription to do.  Boo hoo!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Please Jim, there's no need to resort to name calling here.

"Snort"

Arla here is a link, tragically a motorist was killed on the detour route.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700015942/Rock-damaged-stretch-of-I-70-in-Colorado-open.html

Gorgeous springish day here, Serviced my Red Peterbilt (oil, and 5 filters and grease) and also installed a new air seat. Leather and cloth seat same price so why not go Leather. Old seat was like setting in a bucket, methinks it had to many miles with supersized truckers as butt foam all broke down. Hands were aching so called it quits and hit the IBU.

Heading out for 3 in a bit then Lynda and I are gonna take the car and go to supper, its been about a week since we could get it too town with the muddy roads.

Wondering how LR #1 went..........

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Yep, got the 6er done.

Butt foam.....now there's a mental image for ya!

Les.....25.5.....yowza!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

Sweet Leslie. Just another marathon long run for ya. I have been paying attention to your refueling strategies,(on the Ultra thread too) . I'm sure that I'm not doing it right. In the winter, I rarely bring anything more than a few Altoids to get rid of the dry mouth. Good luck tomorrow.

Jim- best of luck gearing up. I'm certain that you never feel fully prepared. Nice going with your Pop. He really sounds like a handful, in a good way. I wish I had the space to let Buddy run free when he wants.

Arla- just keep it in stride, you're almost there.Trust your training , you're going to do fine. What refueling do you have planned during the race? Received my Kuusa's and love 'em. The Free's are much thicker so my plan is to integrate barefoot time gradually and wear them as non-running shoes for now. That is, wear them at work and when I'm walking around. They have a drawstring so slipping won't be a problem. They are the closest you can get to being barefoot ,much like the FF's. The good thing is they look somewhat like regular shoes. FF's ,not so much.

Ev- Nice runnin' for you. The pic was found on the internet. I thought it was humorous. Also, please send some spring our way. It's blowing a nor' easter here with 40mph winds gusting up to 60. I took Buddy down to see the beach and it was the first time ever that he wanted to run away from it. Sandblasted.

Treadmill and abs today at the gym.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend !

Just back from 20miles.  Last 5 at MP.  The temp was a nice 42ish.  I'm somewhat concerned that nearly all my runs have been in cool weather.  I doubt I have more than a couple runs in temps ovr 50.  The race is last of April so one could expect any kind of weathr.   I'm hoping for a nice cool windless day.....

Jim's got a new avatar.  Is that an igloo in the distance?  Nice!

Hope all is going well for Leslie.

Arla.....were you medium sproinky today?

Joe....altoids.....now that's something different.  I really like the cinnamon ones.  I'll have to give that a try.