Masters Running

And it's Monday.......... (Read 34 times)

...well,

THE GOOD NEWS

I've located my Compression Shorts

........you can't Fix Something til you know what needs Fixing

just PoolRunning til my next hike thursday

......and what are You doing today??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

2 miles on the hotel TM this morning. Yesterday was a 12 hour drive to Hauppauge NY. Trip was smooth until I made a wrong turn coming out of the Lincoln Tunnel and had to navigate Manhattan traffic to find my way back to 495. After that it was bumper to bumper traffic to the final destination. Never did I ever dream that I would be driving in Manhattan. I hope it was a first and last time.

My fellow traveler had a good time taking pictures of the sites while I did my best not to hit anyone or anything.

Dave59

Sorry. Tried to modify but hit quote. Darn phone.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

After such summery last couple of days, the 58 degrees that persisted

under gray clouds for four miles of running and one mile walking

this morning seemed chilly. <<<(wimp)>>>
          ps - even if I didn’t do triathlons anyway just for the joy and fun

of the swimming, cycling and running, I’d wanna do

the Souixperman Triathlon too just for the name.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tammy, it's good to hear you are healing and gardening.  RCG, nice marathon relay.  Aamos, good job on another marathon.

Nice long runs for Tammy, Mike, and evan.

This morning, I hit the TM for a run of one mile in 11:30 followed by two miles walking at a 13:41 pace.  This afternoon, I went outside to walk 2 more miles at a 13:49 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Quick fly by while waiting for our flight to Boston.

I am am irrationally pleased that I did get my name in the Richmond paper. I believe it's the first time I've made a non-electronic results list. I'm easily amused.

Good runs for the rest of you for the rest of the day.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

No run for me today, just a light core and upper body strength workout.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Wow, light day here in the daily. Almost like a weekend thread. Where is everyone? I should not be here since I did not run today. Likely will not tomorrow either. I really should change my avatar back to the injured version. I developed shin splints and I want to make sure they are 100% gone before running again. I also developed tendonitis in my right hand, the one I do not use for writing. What can I say, I have a lousy tendon repair system. The doctor put me in a brace for 2 to 3 weeks and gave me antiinflammatories to swallow.

Mike E you need to form a committee if you are going to accuse me of that! See prior post for the procedure. 

SteveP personally, not finding a bear would have been my goal.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

I agree, light day around here. I got out for 5.2 pretty easy miles in the late afternoon sunshine. It was really nice, and I really needed the run.

Nice pictures, Steve, but I would also be glad to not see a bear. Apparently there are some early risers around here, too.

Mariposai

I am in Seattle all this week attending classes.  The highlight of my day this week is going to be spending time with my son David in the evenings.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard