Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 09/13/09 (Read 415 times)

"Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be." (Henry David Thoreau)

Here we go again!

Erika - 50.5 miles running, 2.7 miles walked

Eliz - ran 13.5; walked 3.0; survived the start of the school year

Lyndenrunner - 21.25 miles

prfriese - 48 miles

dg - 28.8 miles running, 30 min. recumbent bike, 55 min. elliptical, 1 hr. 50 min. strength training. untimed pulling of hair and assorted fretting

fatozzig - 17.6 road miles, 20 trail miles, 35 min stationary cycling, 1.25 hrs strength/core

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest Day ------------------------------------------------------------- Okay, that was a joke. 3+ hrs yard work.

Tues - 5 miles w/10 hill sprints ---------------------------------------- 5 miles w/10 30-sec hill sprints.  They're getting easier!

Wed - 30 min biking or 3 miles running; core/strength --------- 30 min cycling; 10 min "Insanity"; 10 min my own wacko cardio; 30 min upper/core

Thur - 6 miles w/strides ------------------------------------------------- 6 miles w/strides.  Not my best.

Fri - Rest or core/ab ------------------------------------------------------ Opted for rest.  Boy, did it feel good!

Sat - 20 trail miles -------------------------------------------------------- 19 trail miles

Sun - 10 miles ------------------------------------------------------------- 9 road miles

Totals: 20 road miles, 19 trail miles, 30 min cycling, 40 min core/strength/cardio

Erika - Out-eat your taper.  *snork*

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Monday - crummy weather at the beach, but since my mantra is that there's no bad weather at the beach, a friend and I took a 2-hour leisurely walk on the beach that turned into a nature walk and trash collecting adventure; not bad for a rest day; oh, and I got sunburned (not badly), even though I've yet to see the sun

Tuesday - ran 4 and walked 1 after school; first after school run since June, first run in my hilly neighborhood since mid-July; very different from the boardwalk, but nice

Wednesday - got in a groove of lesson planning and organizing stuff in my classroom and didn't leave school until almost 6 p.m.; horrible traffic + rain = yoga at home tonight

Thursday - ran 5 and walked 1 after school; I'm so slow the weather changed three times while I was running!  Clouds, light rain, sunshine, less-light rain.  Saw a beautiful rainbow - the whole arch - near the end.  Smile

Friday - a little sore from yesterday - mostly muscle stuff, not the achilles tendonitis, but since it was also pouring, I stayed late at school to get ready for the addition of chorus rehearsals next week and am resting this evening; long run tomorrow no matter what the weather

Saturday - exhausted, in spite of sleeping 12 hours straight; drove to NJ and walked the boards a bit

Sunday - pre-dawn long run of 8 miles, with a 1-mile walk;  just thrilling to go one direction under the stars and just see the seascape and then turn around to see the lights of Atlantic City

Summary:  ran 17; walked 3; leisurely beach-walked some, rode the merry-go-round with my godchildren, their mom, and my mom on Sunday.  Smile

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Going at this week without too much of a plan...goal is to swim, bike, or run/walk each day, but all will be very slow and easy since this is my first "post crud" week.  Hoping to regain strength and get back to something resembling my tri training plan next week. 

Monday - 13 miles biking with friend, included mid-ride Starbucks stop

Tuesday - 3 mile walk/run with the Katy dog

Wednesday - zilch

Thursday - Swim, probably about 700 yards but I lost count

Saturday - zilch -- rain, rain, go away

Sunday - 3 mile run, 0.7 mile cooldown walk

Totals:  13 miles biking, 6.7 miles run/walk, 700 yards swim

Eliz, I like the "no bad weather at the beach" mantra.

Leslie, looks like another big weekend for you.  Your Big Sur trail marathon will be a walk in the park for you.

Progress Trumps Pefection
          evanflein

Thanks, Leslie!

Taper week here... yeah! Just gotta be sure I don't out-eat my taper... (Leslie, it's oh-so-easy to do!!)

Monday: Rest day (yeah, a joke here, too... 6+ hours cleaning the house!!)

Tuesday: 4.6 miles with miles 3 & 4 at tempo pace (8:09 and 7:41); .35 mile walk c/d

Wednesday: 6.4 miles of hilly trails; .45 mile walk c/d

Thursday: 5 miles easy at lunch; .3 mile walk

Friday: Unscheduled rest day...

Saturday: 5.2 miles of hills (ran the out-and-back section), 9:58 avg pace; 30 minutes pool running later in the day.

Sunday: 13 miles of hills on the Equinox trail. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Totals: 34.2 miles running, 30 minutes pool running, a little over a mile walked and a clean house (well, it was....)

Renee the dog

OK, I'm back. Three days away from home and I dropped off this thread.  Sorry!

Just actuals this week:

M - 3 miles barefoot on the sand

T - 20 min slideboarding, 7 mi run

W -  6.5 mi run, 10 min dynamic stretching

T - 20 min strength/stretch

F - 3 mi run, 10 min stretch

S - 13 mi run

S - 6 mi run

Totals: 38.5 mi running, 20 min slideboarding, 20 min stretch, 20 min stregth/stretch

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

At least I'm starting before the week is over.   I'm getting really bad at posting my runs on my log too. 

Carol, I hope your crud stays away.

Erika, you really cleaned house for that long??  Sweeping smiley I think you need wine & chips.

Nono, what hurts after you do the speed work?  

Leslie... 20 mile trail run??  My head cannot even go there.

and then, there's the Equinox. 

Go Leslie!!! 

Planned    Actual
                 M rest  rest
                 T  8 miles base pace     8.06 miles, 9:57 pace.
                 W mixed intervals mixed intervals, using creative license + swiss cheese memory. Or, did not match plan but went pretty well all things considered. 6.28 miles
                 T  non impact cardio, core workout  50 min. octane elliptical level 3, 35 min. upper & lower body weight machines & stab. ball reverse crunches, russian twists. meant to do fitzgerald's core work later but did not.  cut the grass though.
                 F  1 mile w/u c/d recovery pace, 7 miles 1/2 MP 10 min. M. Yessis exercises while waiting in the dr. office. ;-).   8.2 mile last night.  will call them endurance miles because they took more than what I had.  9.51 av. pace.
                 S  core/resistance workout early, 25 min. - dead bug, split leg bridges, assorted leg lifts, bicep curls, & one I forget the name of.  yard work.
                 S  18 miles base pace

18.23 miles.     :-)

Leslie, thanks for the fueling pointers the other day.   & for the encouragement.  Wink  If I'm kicking butt I'm not doing it very hard... (want to say yet but am cautious)  but I like that.  I'll use that next time I need a    kick. 

(lions & tigers & bears...)

Nono that's just weird.  more later.

totals:   walking but i never know how much.. 5 min. w/u & c/d usually.  40.8 miles running, 50 min. ellipticalling, 1 hr. 10 min. strength training.  

Renee the dog

dg:  peroneus brevis, plantar fascia, iliotibial band, and patellar tendon.

dg.

dg:  peroneus brevis, plantar fascia, iliotibial band, and patellar tendon.

both legs?

any shoe link?

(no idea if we can go anywhere with this, but might as well try...)

&...   ((((( )))))

dg - I only run on the road during the week because I have to.  For some reason, The Hub frowns on the idea of me running in the forest at dark-30 in the a.m.   Also, I do ultra trail runs, so 20 miles is a walk in the park . . . theoretically.   My last 3 long runs have been less than stellar.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - 7.3 miles

T - 7.8 miles

W - rest day

Th - 8.2 miles

F - 5.2 miles

Sa - 1.9 mile warm-up followed by 10K race (47:54, 1st AG)

Su - 15.2 miles

Total - 51.8 miles

Paul

Renee the dog

both legs?

any shoe link?

(no idea if we can go anywhere with this, but might as well try...)

&...   ((((( )))))

No shoe link. Only linked to intervals the day before.  Both sides, one side, other side.  Rotates.  Annoying.