Masters Running

Mondaily, 6.4.18 (Read 34 times)

bioguy

I wish I had wallet advice; I see students that have things stolen for real, but other times they've lost something and claim it was stolen. Myself, I lost a wallet years ago with cash from several checks I'd just cashed so I could buy some Christmas presents. It never turned up. My wife lost hers and a kind soul turned it in at a cash register at Sears where she was shopping. Last fall I spotted one on the side of the road while I was running; belonged to a teacher/coach at my school and the wallet had fallen off a boat. Apparently alcohol was involved.

No run today : (   I had a dentists appt after school, but my truck's check engine light came on and the tmp gauge went up super high. I ran the heater full blast, got it to the shop and left it. Got to the dentist, came home and mowed grass. Now its time to grade while the Caps game is on (though I am a newbie hockey fan and its really hard to pay attention to grading papers during hockey compared to football, basketball, or baseball)

Tailwinds!

evanflein

Well Holly, that really sucks. Too bad that she would take that stance and risk a friendship. And neighbors, no less. Sorry you're dealing with this, and your DD too.

No run today, just a walk around campus at lunchtime. Yesterday's run was a real crash and burn experience. I felt tired from the start, and it was warmer than expected. I'm blaming all the garden work of the last few days but my glutes were just tired from the start. I took water, but still felt pretty taxed at the end. I called DH at about 9.3 miles and said I was done, feeling light headed and exhausted. So the question is, was it the effects of garden work and the heat/direct sun? (ok, don't laugh, but it was 75° which isn't "hot" to most of you, but consider the source) Or could it be a side effect of this new med I'm on? (Lisinopril) One of the side effects is dizziness, but that's not really what my problem was. Anyway, today was a rest day and I'll do some planting in pots of some flowers and other deck stuff, nothing real strenuous. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Holly- I'm so sorry this all happened.  I bet another young person took the money and dumped the wallet behind the dresser (or wherever it was found). 

Ah ha!  And just how did you know somebody dumped it behind the dresser??!!  Can you tell us where you were on that particular night...eight months, ago?  Mmmhmm--Holly, we might have just found our perpetrator.

I went 5 easy miles, then mowed the lawn.  Then Debbie made some ribs with Jack Daniels Sauce--they were delicious!

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

HaHa, Mike.  I just read carefully!  Holly told us the wallet was behind the dresser and that the boy had been over there playing video games a lot with “other young people”.  I am absolved of all guilt!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

n

If that woman tries to say a word to your daughter, I would  . . . threaten to get a restraining order.  That's just abusive at this point.

Holly - if she does, check your local court's anti-harassment criteria.

They're real easy to get on your own in Seattle against a "knowing and willful course of conduct directed at you over a period of time" (no matter how short) which seriously . . . alarms/annoys/etc. and would "cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress, and actually causes substantial emotional distress" w/o any "legitimate or lawful" purpose. The complaint (and order) become a part of the permanent public court record.

I'd like to see her face when her son admits that it wasn't $357

that wildchild and spa-city question after all and

he just spent it wastefully.

Leslie - hard to find running gear with more than a key pocket.

When I entered a cross-country running race some years ago

<<<(1978/1978)>>>, I still remember a high school speedster

taking the trouble to inform me it "wasn't a good idea to run

in Bermuda shorts, especially with a wallet in your pocket," . . . .

to say nothing of his concern that I was wearing

a long-sleeve shirt instead of a singlet.

wildchild - not that I or any of the other guys

herein would have but I'd've been surprised if he didn't,

even if not in a state of euphoria at leading

and joy at sight of you at the turn-around.

MikeE - you're so busy lately.

Are you trying to out-goddess

some of the running goddesses?

C-R: no surprise that I don't know but what's an "All-Star" runner?

Sounds like someone who wears Converse tennis shoes.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Holly, I'm sorry this is happening with your neighbor.

SteveP