Masters Running

Friday, April 9 - wake up everyone! (Read 622 times)

dg.

Kevin, thanks for reminding me!   

Byll....  that last fast finish MLR.   I think you should go slo.   really really.    maybe we could take a vote?   I don't have much racing experience or anything else but hamstrings yep those are my specialty.  

Slo... Smile.   did I miss something (well that's a given..)   are you off work or have circumstances changed?

Hi Frances!   How've you been?   Cool your first marathon!  which one? 

Mary you are right they sure are.

-)

mta.   BatSteve, I'm not afraid.   

but I do habba code.

mta again:    (well I did say I'd be overposting....)

Go Leslie!!!!!!!!     http://www.ar50mile.com/

Maniac 505

Hi gang, 

Mari: Hope your cold is doing better,  we have a date in a week,  I want you to be in good shape for it.

Frances,  a one year training schedule?  hope you can keep your focus.  what is your current weekly mileage?

5 EZ miles for me today,  off to work in a few minutes.

Dave

SteveP

Snow washed out a lot of our pollen Tramps.

Nice work out Sue

Tag wants to see Alvin and the Chipmunks too.

Nice birthday run Henrun.

Hi FrancesRe...Welcome and thank you for having a handle that's easy to spell.

8.86 miles with the fuzzy one. We were coming up on some valleys and there was a pretty fair sized turkey. The dog went nuts across the valley. I was nervous for it until it remembered it could fly. Silly goose....I mean bird. We back tracked part of the way and there were some pretty fresh deer tracks. I didn't remember them. I stooped to see if they did come after we went by, Sure enough, they did. I decided I had better keep a close eye on the dog....And he was gone. He was bolting pretty well. I called him back and he said, "In a minute!!'. And kept right on going. I called him again and he said, "I'm busy!!!". The third time I called, he came back and asked for ice cream.

SteveP

wildchild I think the dog is imaginary too.

SueT48  good luck with staying ahead of the deer!  What do baby hostas look like?  We have them and I can recognize them once they sprout real leaves but that is sometimes too late!  Maybe I will just spray the whole area.  I can see it in lights now, "Liquid Fence spray bottle and me versus the deer!"  How about that as a movie plot?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

sooooooo tired.........need to catch up here............miss you guys -- crazy week, bike is ready but havent had any chance to ride it and havent been able to run since tuesday

confirmation tomorrow for youngest son

sunday morning -- packet stuffing for BOSTON!!

denise

evanflein

Twocat, enough of us have met/seen him, and I've exchanged correspondence and gifts with him... I know he's real!

Hey Denise, stuff sekrit messages in some packets! That would be fun. You could do a scavenger hunt sort of thing!

I went to the gym after work, but my heart wasn't in it. I did some elliptical, abs/stretching and upper body weights, but not very inspired. That's ok, it's been a long week.

Haircut at 8:15, 5k race at 11. Think I'l run faster after the haircut? Just a trim, so prolly not.

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - got my pre-Boston haircut last night, too.  

Frances - I remember you - welcome back!

I hate to start obsessing on weather this far out, because I know it can change a hundred times over, but it sure looks like IRC right now.......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

confirmation tomorrow for youngest son

Saweet!!!!

SteveP

Beginner all over again

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the Nice Welcome.

I do see some Familiar Faces on this thread

Holly - Nice to see you again!

Dave -- I was a couch potato a year ago and for the decade before that. So it's taken me a year to build up to HM distance.  So I thought now that the HM is here in a couple weeks, I'll keep this up for Another Year and run a full marathon if my legs can take it.  I do plan to run another two HM, one in the fall and another after that some time, and then the Full marathon in one year.  I'm very, very slow, I just walk/jog slog my way through the minutes.

So I do not really "Race" these races, I more just "cover the distance slowly" and try to get to the starting line without getting injured!  I had been doing the Galloway plans

I was still resting Fri Apr 9 from my Longest Long Run on Monday.  My legs were pretty sore.

So it really was a Rest Day for me

I'll back back this afternoon to post if there is a Saturday Apr 10th thread.  I'm going to do an Easy :45 at Low heart rate today in a few hours when it warms up!