Masters Running

40s, 50s, 60s On the Run - w/e 4/4 (Read 444 times)

jfa

uh oh.

three milr today.  Have LMD side of the tree visiting this Easter weekend.  She's busy preparing tonite's dinner and starting on tomorrow's lunch.  Me.....I'm just trying to stay out of troubl. 

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        uh oh.

he he he . . .   Watch out, Joe.  That Dutchie - she's a maniac!

Jewels - I KNOW!!!!!!!   I am now at the point of trying to NOT obsess every little detail.  Will start getting my crap together this weekend, boxing and labeling.  Spent some with Karen after our run today going over a few things.  I have to keep remembering - this is just like a 50k . . . only a little bit further.  Eat and Drink.  Eat and Drink.  That will be the order of the day, as well as keep the pace ssslllooowww for the first 26 miles.  I'm shooting for an 11:00 m/m and will set my Garmin to alarm if I go faster than that. 

Ev - Good luck staying out of trouble.

8 "easy" trail miles this morning. Karen was wondering why we weren't pushing as hard on the hills, and I said, "I'm tapering!  I'm suppose to run easy today."  She had 12, so after I left her, went back to her house, took a shower, then had breakfast waiting for her and her daughter when she got done.  Huevos rancheros.  Yum!

Karen works at eye surgery center.  She had some work to do today.  One of the nurses, who I'm getting to be friends with, has this heavy duty vibrating massager thing (get your minds out of the gutter).  Anyway, she agreed to come in and work on my back and legs for an hour.  Oh boy howdy did that feel good!  Worked the IT band and calf muscles.  Nice, very, very nice.  Now I get to do transcription for a few hours.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ev -

Hey - If you all are interested, you can follow the goings on with AR50 next week by signing up here.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

O.K., I just made a twitter account..... Not sure what I'm doing but I think I did it right!

Jewels

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Nice tapering Leslie.  You'd ask about my race.....it's April 25.  A week or two after Joes.  Two weeks after I think.

I just got back from the long run.  I begin the taper tomorrow.

LMD has the house smelling like a 5 star restaurant and I'm famished.  Latr my friends.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

8 mi LR in a cutback week followed by this (from the main forum)

later guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTw_h3eX2FM

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Jim, does that thing drive itself?  If so, does it do it by gps?

flatland mountaineer

Jim, does that thing drive itself?  If so, does it do it by gps?

Ev short answer is Yes and Yes, get caught up I will explain it . Haven't taken the time to post much lately but should catch up a bit later in the week.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Think I caught a glimpse of the Dessa pup!  She looks pretty comfy hanging out there.  I feel like such a wimp.  Haven't tilled up the backyard garden yet.  Since I don't have a tiller, it's either do it by hand with a shovel, or break down and rent a tiller, which takes away most of the "profits" of having a little garden at all.  That monster you have looks like it would till our entire yard in one pass!
                      Progress Trumps Pefection

Top 'O the World!

Hey all....fly by posting.....

Down in D town for a cpl days...Just sent an annoyed DH out to get a coupla damage estimates on the car.(amidst all the other stuff he has to do today!!) ....he & DS (auto body certified) don't think it's too awfully bad but, may have been an un/under insured driver that hit me  so, may need to come outta our ins...damme!  I still need the snow agility of that one for two more wks!!  Spring squalls going on up here yet!  I can say, at least I wasn't one of the 40 car pile-up on Vail pass that same day!! I may not have been so lucky about driveability!  & the body achies are easing off quite a bit today - maybe last night's run helped w/that Wink

5 coolish evening miles w/Mairead last night....running sans watch.....very nice!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group