Masters Running

Tuesday, June 22 daily (Read 542 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yea, yea enkie.  After you survived the Cougar Mountain trail series a couple of years ago without any face plants, or even getting your knees photographed at the finish for their page-of-honor, your road-rash time is long overdue.  however, a photo once it scars up will be just okay if you don't mind.  thank you.

roch - being an even slower at  swimming and cycling than I am at running, I never thought about being able to  take advantage of the tri/du age markings for AG competition.  However, it's sure fun being better at running to be able to pass the various younger decades of faster swimmers and cyclists.. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

It's so gorgeous outside!  HIgh 70s and sunny.  The creek is really up high along the bikepath.  5 for me at lunch.

Also along the bikepath is a fierce little red-winged blackbird momma who divebombs your head when you past her nest.  She comes up from behind and lands on the back of your head with her sharp little claws and adds a few needle-beak pecks for good measure.  Ouch! 

So nice for you to pop in Carolyn--glad you're having such a neat vacation, but I really need a Colorado weather report today tomorrow and Thursday.   I'll have to resort to impersonal online sources.  Or Stumpy--he can check it out as he: (a) has an interest in that same weather and (b) needs something to do!

I just looked at my hummus container.  It claims there are "about 7" servings in my 7 oz container.  Anyone else find that hysterical?

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I just looked at my hummus container.  It claims there are "about 7" servings in my 7 oz container.  Anyone else find that hysterical?

grins,

A

Why do you think I need something to do?  It's only my 3rd or 4th post.  And if it's decent hummus, that's about 1/2 a serving for me. (along with a couple of pitas torn up and toasted with olive oil and salt)  Yum.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

roch, nice picture from your duathlon and neat you got to see DaveinAA. breger, happy belated birthday to your wife.  Slo, your small town 5K is my kind of race.  Nice running.  kimmie, good job in your race in nearly 100° weather. enke, sorry to hear about the "scuffed knees".

Nice long runs for breger, Aamos, Walt, and CNY.

I've had a good couple of days.  Yesterday, I went down to Lansing to golf with my son.  We got in 18 holes and then went to see the movie "The A Team".  We used to watch the TV show when he was a kid. We used to get a kick out of the unbelievable characters and more unbelievable situations they got into and out of.  When we left the movie, I told him I didn't know if there was a plot or not but, if there was, I didn't get it.  We both agreed that there was a lot of action and excitement with a few good lines. It definitely was not a realistic or deep movie, but it was entertaining.  After the movie, we were joined by Tom jr's wife and my daughter for supper.  This morning, I got in 8 miles in a bit over 1:21 for a 10:08 pace.  After that, my son, my daughter and I went out for breakfast.  Then Tom, jr and I played another 9 holes of golf.  Now I'm home and will get to relax and get back into my routine.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS 

evanflein

aamos! That sounds like me running with the gulls or terns or whatever the hell they are about 3 miles from home. Running along the bike path and they shriek at me and divebomb me over and over. One hit my head the other day, but no beak pecks yet (thank goodness... ouch!). Stoopid birds. Don't build your nest right next to a busy bike path if you don't want the company!

Nice picture, Doug. And cool idea of age and group on your calves. Wouldn't bother me though. Everyone has a target on their back when I'm feeling spunky. Here's a picture from Saturday night's 10k, real close to the finish. I look so hunched up! Jenny (in blue top) was just ahead and I was closing on her, but ran out of race course. She finished about a second ahead of me. (this was 10:45 pm)

And like Aamos, our weather is sunny and 70's and I had a really nice sweaty 6.6 mile run at lunch. A little longer than I should've gone, I was late back to work. But it was just too nice out! Legs still feel tired though. Quads have no sproink, but nothing hurts so I think I just need a couple of easy days to get myself back together again.

Hi Carolyn! I've never been to Scotland but hear it's beautiful. We did visit Ireland a couple years ago, very cool and wet in August.

Mariposai

So...Erika...this is how the fast stars runs!!!!

Lovely pose

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

3.68 miles in 91 degree weather.
                Vista

I look my best blurry!

Sometimes it’s hard to tell if it’s “good pain” from a tough workout or “dangerous pain" from an injury in the making.

Holly- Don't you wish you had a crystal ball!  Someday they will, ya know.  

Graham (DS) is doing fine.  Hopefully this will do the trick.  dg- No worries, DDs are at their grandma's to avoid further trauma.  Tomorrow DS has his driving test scheduled.  Hmmmm....  I think they will take one look at him and stamp FAIL on his test.  Avenger- you are still top dog, even without whatever was cut away.  

6.1 for me today.  Legs still a little sore from 5K sore but improving.  Followed run with alternating legs in ice water in a 5 gallon bucket and 88 degree pool water 1 min each for 20 min.  Felt great.  I've had shin numbness since before the race.  Weird.  Ever had that?  Not pain.  Hmmmm....  

Cool pic evanflein!  Great runs everyone!  I'm supposed to go for 2hrs again tomorrow.  If I do it I will have to pace myself.  Anyone available to help with this?  

mta- just got the news, I'm an aunt again!  New little nephew!  Going to see him July 2nd.  Awwh!   Can't wait!

Mariposai

Great runs everyone!  I'm supposed to go for 2hrs again tomorrow.  If I do it I will have to pace myself.  Anyone available to help with this?  

meeeeeeeeeeee!!! I can pace you. I am scheduled to run a 11 mile pace.tomorrow..

take it slow and enjoy the long run

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I look my best blurry!

I wish that were possible!  I really, really do!

Marathon Maniac #957

Wannabee - are you running 11 miles?  Or a run at an 11-minute pace?  (as if you could run that slow.....)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."