Masters Running

Twos-Day May 18 - anyone running today? (Read 542 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Carolyn - I had to call this same woman a couple of years ago to tell her that her children were coming over (through the woods) and she had no idea.  They were too young to wander by themselves and even though our dogs are friendly, I did not want the kids to stick their little hands in the one of the kennels and get hurt.     I don't have much parenting respect for her, especially after today.   I was with him for 20 minutes, so he had to have been missing for about 1/2 hour in my estimation.     The more I think about it, the madder I get.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

Mary that is so scary.   Good job on your part.

Carolyn thanks.   but... a) I didn't just run a marathon.   and b)  remember if there's duct tape, there's tofu!  Smile

I wanted to report that Nono is alive & well.   is really busy & will be back soon!!   Big grin

Erika, she said to tell you that her mother, a trained horticulturalist, also says that "A weed is a plant out of place".

mta... Mary, I somehow missed your last post.   I was wondering how that could happen too.   & what you said makes it worse.  You had to call the mother, or the Aunt?     

I think Tet is right.   (who said that?)

Tet you know you have to post.  otherwise there will be fines.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mary -

thanks for the nonrunning topic.  I was getting afraid I might not be getting to post until my next outing at the Newport Marathon and even that's more about eating oysters than running.

Maybe call or go down to the police station for a copy of any incident report and ask them if it is the kind of situation that would get reported to the state's Children Protective Agency.  If they have not done so, maybe your inquiry will trigger it.  I'd be surprised if the police have not already done so. I'm pretty sure they would here (Washington State).  good luck. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Mary--so thankful that you were such a big part of what turned out to be a happy ending.  2 YOs are escape artists of the first degree and the outcome is not always like yours.  We just had an escape incident with a 2 YO in our town that ended tragically.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Wow, Mary. I can see why you're mad AND shaking. Can you imagine what might have happened if you hadn't come upon that child first? I don't even want to think about it. This mother doesn't sound like very much of a mother. How many kids total?

Breger - October 3 is on your calendar, yes?

Sue, so sorry to hear you're still having foot issues. Please let us know how your appointment goes, okay?

(Impatiently tapping foot) Slo - Where is your RR?

Enjoy your taper, Mariposai. This is a great week to read a book.

Hi Tim - those are cool shoes! Good luck with your 40 mile weekend.

Good to see Deb is still taking the necessary recovery time. We can't have you injured for the Twin Cities you know.

Spent the day digging up plants and shrubs and putting them in new spots, and now my back is spent. Time for the foam roller and some Tylenol.....

Mary - I am so glad you were there.  Why hadn't the Aunt called 911 yet?

I also think that when you have more than a couple kids, stuff can happen, no matter how careful you are.  I may be putting myself into hot water by saying this but I think familes that have 5 or 6 kids and are proud of their reproductive capabilities are.....

Luckily one of mine clung to me like tree sap so I really only had the other to worry about and she wasn't too much of a wanderer.

Our neighbour has a huge mixed family, on social assistance.  We caught one daughter (about 11 years old) stealing freezie pops from our garage fridge last night - a whole whack of them.  Then she bold faced lied saying they were actually hers and their freezer was broken.

Nice run Murph!

Ditzy day for me - as I was getting ready for my run (and staring at my sunglasses, but that doesn't excuse it), I put my ear buds into the corners of my eyes.  Amazingly, I couldn't hear any sound that way.

At the park, I stepped out of the car directly into a big pile of dog $hit.

6.4 miles, ez pace, getting ezier alll the time.

Then on the way home, there was a huge downpour.  Luckily I had just missed it.  But I thought, gosh it seems really really dark out, I can hardly see.  Then I realized I still had my sunglasses on.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

At the park, I stepped out of the car directly into a big pile of dog $hit.

forget what I said about running barefoot.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Renee the dog

I wanted to report that Nono is alive & well.   is really busy & will be back soon!!   Big grin

Erika, she said to tell you that her mother, a trained horticulturalist, also says that "A weed is a plant out of place".

She's right. By the end of tomorrow, MacGuyver will have nothing on me!  Give me spackle, CLR, and a caulk gun, and I can put any 80 yr old shore house back in one piece....

Not the original plan,  but while we took the fam to Disney World, our handyman and cleaning lady decided not to do what they had agreed to do.  Ugh.  So, another week is happening away from running. 

Anyway, driving roughly 18 hrs. with our kids to FL and back was....

WONDERFUL!  They were great!  Now, any marathon within an 18 hr drive is DO-ABLE!!!!! How's that???!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

forget what I said about running barefoot.

Big grin

.........I was just checking in for an Oyster Update......

and to remind dg what she forgot......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Maniac 505

Tom White,  I love that you are posting here

DG,  I so look forward to meeting you at twin cities.

Hopeful.  So glad you were there to steer the kid to safety.  Unlike others,  I will not rag on the mother.  this is a rough economy.  Mom found a job,  Mom sent the two year old to an aunt for safe keeping,  the Aunt, (not the mom) fell down on the job,  If the Aunt had lots of kids to take care of, she slipped.  but still, IMHO, it was not the Moms fault.

10 miles for me today,  kind of sproinky,  My work week starts tomorrow.  I will see If I can keep the sproink up untll Newport.

Da e

Marathon Maniac #3309

10 miles tonight with 8 - 1/2 mile / hill repeats @ 6:35 ave pace...................hard as heck workout, but a damn good one. Overall pace 7:58................

Warm - very very humid out - sweat like you know what..................Tired and ready to sleep..................yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

I felt really warm on my run today too. No, it felt damn hot! But you guys will laugh at me... it was 70° and sunny, beautiful day, but I felt dry, hot and thirsty. Definitely the first time since last summer that I've come back from a lunchtime run all salty crunchy. 5.71 miles in 46 minutes flat, for an 8:03 avg pace. Miles were 8:10, 8:20, 8:13, 7:50, 
                          7:37, 8:12 for the last .7 mile. The first mile is down the hill to the road, next two are gradual uphill, next two are gradual downhill (it's out and back), then I stop at .7 mile before the uphill walk back to my building.