Masters Running

Taco Tuesday 4/9/19 (Read 43 times)

Holly- this is the time of year I seem to get injured. After I've suffered through winter and everything gets nice!  Fingers crossed for this year for me and for your foot.

Got outside (twice today!) for 2.1 miles.  Today it is summer.  80 degrees after work.  My truck read 98 degrees after sitting in the sun in the work parking lot.  It's going to cool off tonight.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Maybe I'll post some of my faves here when they come around again.

excellent.

Actually, many are almost too true to be funny,

e.g. gal cramped up with the "f" word

I don't like or use but sure made me laugh.

I'd like to post this one

over at the Hlllside Stairs

.poster_90.png

or take the one about "winners never quilt"

to a quilting bee.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun and Joe618 happy birthday!

pfriese great link.

Falconfixer remember Rule #1 is there for your own protection!

deez4boyz rain can also turn my commute into a really long never ending commute. Rain and especially snow seem to bring out a desire to play bumper cars among some people.

This morning I ran 6. Then it was off for a PRP shot to my elbow for my golfer's elbow. (No I do not play golf.) I wish the doctor had warned me about the aftereffects. I was totally unprepared. The pain was incredible. I had planned to go into the office, but there was no chance I would make it there. I went home and collapsed, hoping out sleep the pain. I made it through the worst, but it was still sore and hurt quite a bit. I called the doctor to make sure this was normal. Apparently, it is.   A little forewarning would have been nice, no?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Joe618

Henrun and Joe618 happy birthday!

Henrun is having a big day but I arrived into this world in October.   Kind thoughts, though!   Maybe that golfers elbow shot caused a hook into the sand trap.....

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, fairly quick post.  Slept in again this AM then as I was about to head out later in the afternoon, a new crisis arose.  So I taught my spin class then ran after that....it did sort of feel like a BRick workout.  I went a bit over 3 miles and got my steps in for today.

Nice photos everyone.

Happy Birthday Henry!

Have a greta night everyone!

Joe618 well, perhaps the drugs they gave me as part of the procedure did impact my already adled brain. I misread from me too as for me too. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Then it was off for a PRP shot to my elbow for my golfer's elbow. (No I do not play golf.) I wish the doctor had warned me about the aftereffects. I was totally unprepared. The pain was incredible. I had planned to go into the office, but there was no chance I would make it there. I went home and collapsed, hoping out sleep the pain. I made it through the worst, but it was still sore and hurt quite a bit. I called the doctor to make sure this was normal. Apparently, it is.   A little forewarning would have been nice, no?

I will be very interested to know how this works out.

And yes, a little forewarning would've been nice.

15 min / approx .75 mile walk this evening followed by a round of PT.  Now I'm icing.  I am so, SO hoping I'm on the upswing with this thing.  The last couple of weeks have been really disheartening.  I am, however, soothing my trouble soul with dark chocolate covered raisins (thank you, Winco, for bulk foods).  The correct way to eat them, you wonder?  From the smallest pieces to the largest.  Unless it's your last two for the night, then you can have to big ones.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRUN! HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY JOE!

4.6 unplanned fartlek

I was feelin' it, so I did a couple k's at 5k goal pace. 1k warmup, 1k at speed, then a wind-aided k to hit 3k mark at 13:40ish. Turned the corner and had wind-hindered k, then another at goal pace to hit 5k at 22:40ish. It felt good to dip down under 6:00 for a while. I'm not going to do any trackwork until mid or late May, but it sure is tempting to hit it right now for a bunch of 200's. I'll have to sneak up on my achilles so it doesn't get scared or attack. Speaking of achilles, and seeing some race photos, I came across some pics from last year's Oregon Twilight Masters 3k where I messed up my achilles for the next 3-4 weeks...what's that jumper/sprinter looking guy doing in a 3k with all those skinny distance people?!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I have to make this quick.  I did 8 miles at the track, which included 3 x1600 in 5:58 - 5:54 - 5:51.  They were hard but they felt good.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Happy Birthday Henrun!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard