Masters Running

Thursday (I mean it this time), 3.31.16 (Read 42 times)

Twocat, your mice look better than the ones I catch, dead, in the glue traps at the cabin.  I guess I am just not humane.  Then again, I am not there to feed them after I do trap them, if I were to trap them humanely.

Could not drag this old tired sack of bones out the door this morning to run, so I will do a run tonight.  My DD has to run a mile with me.  She missed gym class one day last week and I had to sign a note saying she would do this.  Interesting.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Sayhey! MM#130

I'm betting there's at least one more.....say, maybe this is the second generation, you know, mom and dad back home in the nest booting the teenagers out to go forth on their own.    So they can canoodle and have another brood ...........

Maybe you need to consider sending DW off for a spa weekend somewhere (she's allergic to cats, right?) and borrowing some felines?  Cycle of life and all that, or too brutal?   I think once cats are about, mice tend to relo on their own.  They get the scent and pack their little bags.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'm betting there's at least one more.....say, maybe this is the second generation, you know, mom and dad back home in the nest booting the teenagers out to go forth on their own.    So they can canoodle and have another brood ...........

Maybe you need to consider sending DW off for a spa weekend somewhere (she's allergic to cats, right?) and borrowing some felines?  Cycle of life and all that, or too brutal?   I think once cats are about, mice tend to relo on their own.  They get the scent and pack their little bags.

That, or they normally head back outside at this time of year.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I'm trying to keep moving in my second round of no running.  It was raining all day so I hit the TM walking, 3 miles this morning at 13:53/mile and 2 more miles this afternoon at 13:48/ mile.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I had a great  birthday yesterday - thanks everyone!! Our running group monthly meeting was our Pre-Boston meeting with lots going on!!

Info on packet stuffing, bus to Boston, post-race party and lots of great tips from the coaches!! Went a little long, but was lots of fun to wrap up my day!!

Spin Class at 5:30 in the morning followed by .3 miles on the treadmill - yes there is a decimal point there!! I needed 0.3 miles to end my comeback month on a prime so that's what I did!! Also added in some rowing and strength work!!

TwoCat - I think the critters are multiplying!!

Oh - I made it into the Marine Corp Marathon!! Yahoo - now lets hope this butt gets back into shape!!!!

denise

evanflein

Hey Deez, I totally missed your birthday! Sorry about that, but I hope you had a great day. And ^5 for getting into the Marine Corps Marathon! I was thinking it'd be fun to do that one while my son was still in the Marines, but it doesn't look like that'll happen.

Those are cute critters but I'm not sure what they are. Look sort of like a cross between a mouse and a gerbil! Hope they get the hint and stay away.

Have fun at the conference, Holly, and dare I say you should try some networking to see who might be hiring...

{{Leslie}} hugs to you, dear, as you face this weekend's task.

Tselbs, that's some pretty brisk walking! How you feeling?

I forgot what else I was going to say. Drat. It's so busy at work, I really need to go. But I did take advantage of the wonderful sunny 45 degree day and headed out for a run a little earlier than usual. Legs felt good even though I've got this tender heel on my right foot... feels like a bruise. I think it's getting better since I switched back to the New Balance shoes, but it's taking it's time. 6.6 miles, 8:12 avg pace and felt great!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I hate meeces to pieces!  And Debbie hates them more than I do...so we pay extreme amounts of money for a guy to come out and show Debbie all the possible places they could come in...then I try to patch that place up...I thought that was why we were paying him extreme amounts of money...to patch up the places they could be coming in!

My dad used to tell people that he tried catching a mouse once but had no cheese to put in the trap.   So, he put a picture of some cheese in a trap and, sure enough, he caught a picture of a mouse.  I must have heard that a billion times.

I did 11 miles, tonight.  I decided to do a race on Saturday with that guy that I put a training schedule together for.  It's supposed to be cold...and I'm not sure how much cold weather gear he has.  I'd loan him some of mine...but he's about 8" taller than me.

Okay--that's all I got time for.  See ya!

BTY

Flyby Hi from BTY  

Good to see all these familiar names.

Happy April.

Brian

Mariposai

Flyby Hi from BTY  

Good to see all these familiar names.

Happy April.

Brian

Ohhh my God...is here...

Holly, I hope you are having a great night during your training.

So, twocat is a farmer now...Smile)) your animals are multiplying by the day.

Enkie, enjoy your mile run with your precious daughter.

Tselbs, I hope you are feeling better.

Deez4boys, how is your son doing?

Mighty glad to have had the change to run 6 sproinky miles at 79F this afternoon.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

..and I'm not sure how much cold weather gear he has.  I'd loan him some of mine...but he's about 8" taller than me.

It'd make things interesting.  

I always thought I hated rats until a friend had a rat for a pet.  Fun little bugger . . .  but I supposed that's a tad bit different than a wild rat.

Speaking of rats and mice, a number of years ago, when we had five black kitties, the the owner of the property across the street FINALLY mowed down the 3-foot tall weeds.  That night when I went out to look for the cats, the flood light came on and it was like the killing fields.  Mice - and I'm assuming rats, too - of all different sizes running everywhere and the cats were having a hey day.  Even our old guy, Fatso, was able to snag one.  I'm guessing the cats all thought they'd died and gone to heaven and the mice figured they'd ended up in hell.  In the couple of seconds it took my brain to process what I was seeing, I ran back into the house yelling, "Close the garage door!  Close the garage door!"  to The Hub (which we leave up a little bit so the cats and go in and out - the door, not The Hub) before the mice took refuge in our garage.  It was one of those moments where I felt like I couldn't run fast enough.

Thanks, Erika.  Appreciate the thoughts.  It'll be a fun time and a sad time all at once - but ya do what ya gotta do.

And Holly- What Erika said.  Keep your eyes and ears peeled.  Network.  You never know what might come along that's better and less stressful.

Okay - Back to transcription ~~~

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Happy Birthday Amy's brother.

Buehrle, I was recruited because of problems that particular property is having. In some areas, I'm ahead of schedule. Others, not so much.

Even when on a treadmill, TomS, every step counts.

Hi! Fly by BTY!!!!

I broke another boss. Our Assistant Manager accepted a position further up the food chain. So......I need supervision in anyone is looking for something to do. Because of.......let's say "quirks"......I've not been pestered to complete on line management courses.How could I have a closed door meeting discussing a coworker's behavior while I was wearing bunny ears? SO anyway....kinda looking for someone to be the boss of me and will to accept responsibility for my actions.

SteveP