Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 12.23.13 (Read 32 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

This is a perfect example of what Ryan and I look like when we run together.  Have I ever told you guys how much I love running with this kid?

I love. love. LOVE this picture!!  What a couple of adorably handsome and athletic runners!!  You totally need to have this framed!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

That was kind of fun except for when I kind of lost my balance reaching for my water bottle and nearly crashed in the garage.  Really glad my kid didn't see that or I'd never hear the end of it.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

I love. love. LOVE this picture!!  What a couple of adorably handsome and athletic runners!!  You totally need to have this framed!

+1

Smile

Hollly I know it's all relative... but I wish I was slacking at 28 mpw right now....

MS thx for the playlist ; )

hi ...

best wishes for everything for all of you!

Marathon Maniac #957

I was up at 5am, but the road was too icy to run safely and I was not able to do any TM or Xt because I have people sleeping everywhere in the house, upstairs and downstairs I thought it would be rude to wake them up.

You are such a sweetie, Nancy!

MikeE - I will add to the LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture!!  Cherish every moment!! 

denise

Fantastic picture Mike.......but Molar Milers???

Deez, wow 9 minute PR!  Great running year for you.

Coastwalker....hope your wife is ok now.

Well, I've got nothing.  I thought I might do a quick 3 miles tonight, but taking Twocat's advice and resting my foot (felt a few twinges today).  Is anyone else eating too many carbs these days?  I think I've put on 5 pounds in the last 6 weeks.  I think it is a winter thing.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Funny how the perspective makes Mike look so much shorter than Ryan.   Kidding aside, it's a race shot that is in Wildchild's league for fantastic pictures to catch you both so well.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

the recent posts-of-the-year have nothing on some of the pics-of-the-year. . Just when I don't even want to turn on the internet function part of my computer because of aol's fixation on posting so many news" teasers on the scumbags of the world, someone posts something like this. thanks mike, . . . and all.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM #7877

Ran 13 miles on the TM tonight. Trying to determine how many calories I burned. Garmin watch says 723. TM had me over 1400. RA log has me at 1396. MyFitnessPal has me at 1290.

I wonder if the Garmin was most accurate since I did run with a heart monitor tonight. The others are just estimates based upon time spent exercising and weight.

Philippians 4:13.

Ran 13 miles on the TM tonight. Trying to determine how many calories I burned. Garmin watch says 723. TM had me over 1400. RA log has me at 1396. MyFitnessPal has me at 1290.

I wonder if the Garmin was most accurate since I did run with a heart monitor tonight. The others are just estimates based upon time spent exercising and weight.

723 doesn't sound like enough for 13 miles - I always thought I burn about 100 calories/mile but I know that changes based on weight and intensity of the workout

denise

MM #7877

My garmin watch had my heart rate at 120-124 tonight. My last 3 miles were all under 8:30, and the 6 miles before that were all at 8:40-8:57.  Maybe I just need to be running harder to get my heart rate up.

Philippians 4:13.