Masters Running

wednesday hump day (Read 344 times)

Mariposai

Cool picture marj and henrun!!! Someday, someday!

4 miles for me this morning (two miles with my RP) under a dark crispy night. The moon and the stars were happy to see me.Joking

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

I loved that pic Henry.

Ek, believe me, when we hit a straightaway where there was room, the first thing I did was move over and wave people on.  That pic must have been early in the race. No one was behind me at the end.

How cool to see my heart-throb and former Grapevine resident Janie here yesterday!

Nice marathon PBJ! Maybe I'll finally get to meet you at Boston next year.

Final key workout before Sunday's big race, 5 miles with 4 x 1/4 mile hills.  Felt just right, like I could easily have done more but packed it in then.  Recovery run tomorrow, day off Friday, and working packet pickup for 3 or 4 hours on Saturday.  I'll see jjchaney there as he is coming down to be a pace group leader for Clif Bar in the full.  Spareribs

A Man On The Run!

Good Morning To All,

I have to get up earlier, so many entries to read.

Love the pic to kick things off.

A quick 2 miles for me this morning, first run in a while where my breathing didn't interfere.  I hope that is a sign of things to come, I feel like a slacker lately especially when I read some of the miles posted here.

Baboon - Congrats on the 5k pr over the weekend!

Have a great day everyone.

Zeke

http://zekerunning.wordpress.com/

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.- Albert Einstein

....ok,

back in from 40min BikeRide........40's and NoPain

.........saw FedEx Driver on my way back

apparently

I have his Timing Down............never even got near me.

due to ChristmasConcert

this weekend,

am skipping other work-outs since I feel like I'm Catching Something

Burger would understand.

...................good running guys...................get ready for a ChristmasChoir post in your future.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Great camel photo!

I enjoyed your smart dog story Tramps, like owner, like pet!  I think my dog is pretty smart, but he hasn't figured certain things out.  Just whispering the word "shower" or "bath" and he takes off to hide.  I say "where's daddy?" and he goes and looks out the window, which I thought was smart at first, because I would say it when daddy was walking up the drive, but I've since discovered he does it even if "daddy" is in the room.

I never did run on the TM last night, felt way too tired just walking the dog and then yuk, yeah, wanted to go to bed.

So up to run 6.1 miles early this morning in the dark.  I forgot my headlamp so I changed my route and went a few miles along a commercial district.  I discovered on my run that all the bran cereal I've been eating is very effective, um, too effective.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I'm still getting my head around Erika's throwaway comment that it might get "up to -30" where she is. Yowza! And I see that TW is still trying to dodge rednecks in UPS and FedEx trucks. My life is just too boring to mention here.

But I did get out for 5 miles on the rail-trail with a buddy, then went out to breakfast followed by a bunch of errands before I could get back home. My DW even managed to get hold of me at the restaurant and add one more to my list (not that I'm complaining, Dear!).

The knee pain that came on suddenly and disappeared has reared its ugly head again as I was pretty sure it would. Probably because I've ramped up my running frequency after putting the bikes away for the year, so I should probably slow it down a bit. I'll stick to spinning and swimming the next couple of days and then try it again on Saturday, weather permitting.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Love the hump day photo! Perfect start henrun and marj!

Like Ribs I ran my "last" workout of consequence before a half-marathon I'll be running on Sunday. 9.6 mile tempo/hills effort and felt great. I'll get to see the lovely ilene forward too! No, she isn't heading east, but I'll be in CA for work and needed to be there early this time, so why not race?!

Hudson looks for the kiddo right around 2:30 pm each day (yes even weekends when the kiddo is home) when the bus gets there. He's a bit confused now as hockey season is in full swing and the kiddo's schedule is all over the place. It's very sweet though. He also goes and gets his leash when he sees me in running clothes and if you turn off the light in the family room in the evening, he goes right onto his crate and gets settled in his blankets and pillows. Smart? maybe. creature of habit? for sure.

janie b good

hi tomwhite!  and good to see you too, ribs!

LOVE the camel pic... how absolutely COOL is that?

4.21 miles.  cloudy, 40* (untimed, but i felt way fast... that counts, right?)

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

C-R

Nice camel picture. Looks like a great experience and story. Drive by post today. Surgeries went well. I won't get a run but I feel like I could finish an ultra today Give your loved ones a great big hug.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Many good thoughts to your DW and the rest of the family.  So glad things went well.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Felt good today despite only getting about 3 1/2 hours sleep. I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep,so I actually ran when the sun was out this afternoon.

I did 6 miles @ 9:40 pace.

I felt like I could put a few more miles in easily,but Wed. is mine and my wife's "date night",so I came back home to take my wife out (after a shower of coarse). Now to figure out where to go to eat.

Marathon Maniac #957

Nice camel picture. Looks like a great experience and story. Drive by post today. Surgeries went well. I won't get a run but I feel like I could finish an ultra today Give your loved ones a great big hug.

POTD!  Norm - continued prayers for your DW, and great healing vibes...

Love the camel pic!

7 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 38 degrees.

Got to work and the first thing I did was open an email with a virus.  Spent the rest of themorning with our IT consulting guy working on my computer while I tried to do other work.  Turns out that I am a SLAVE to the computer....it was a nightmare....Roll eyes  Okay, mostly just annoying...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Henrun, WHAT IS THAT???!!!. I want to get 'em get 'em and make it go run run run!!! WOW!!! 

MikeE, Dad says he thought he could start taking it easier when the kids all moved out. Mom and the kids and the things that happen in his head keep him pretty occupied.

Lyndenrunner...Did she get ice cream too???

CNYRunner, Hudson sounds like a good boy.

Thinking of your family Norm. 

There are lots of new people here. I am Tag and I am Mom and Dad's dog. Dad like to come here. His name is "Dad". I like to go run run run with him because there are criiters in the woods we go to and I keep them away from Dad. He is slow and a scaredy baby and when I get too far away, he screams like a little baby because he gets scared. He lets me chase some critters because it's fun fun fun. He will not let me make deers go run run run because he is very scared of them. He said that if I get 'em get 'em, I might get shot. Dad says that getting shot is a lot like when I got fixed (I've never been broken), but it's not as much fun. And I won't get ice cream ever any more.

Dad got home from work when it was still sunshine out and we went run run run! He made me have a orange shirt on so hunters could see me. If I might get shot, I don't want them to see me. He's old and does a lot of dumb things. It's getting colder and lots more critters are taking naps so I had to bring Dad sticks when we were out.

Noah's mom and dad have a wood stove now and there are lots of stick by their house. I am very busy bringing them over for Mom and Dad to throw for me. 

They said there is enough for all winter. I think it will take that long to bring all of them over to home.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

rochrunner yea if you are ever feeling cold the easy solution is to read one of evanflein posts in the daily!

Not too exciting a day for me.  Tomorrow on the other hand may be.  Mid day I trundle off to JFK airport for an interview with the TSA.  I applied for their "trusted traveler" program.  Once they get your application the next step is to go in for an interview.  As part of the application you have to give them a list of every country you visited in the past 5 years.  For me that is no easy task!  I have short trips to Europe every now and then and my DW has us go to the Caribbean on occasion.  I have no idea where I have been!  It is all just a blur.  Well, naturally, after I sent in the application I realized that I forgot to include England on my list.  Roll eyes  I plan to come clean in the interview and hope that is good enough.  Of course, I really suspect that they have no idea that I have been there and if I say nothing that will be my best shot of "passing" this stage of the process.  Alas, honesty is all too often the worst policy.  Black eye

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

Twocat, just tell the TSA you can provide dozens (hundreds??) of  references from imaginary internet running friends!  Joking  That should help. 

Norm, happy to hear the news.  You and your family are in my thoughts. Keep us posted.  What you guys are going through puts everything else in perspective - internet viruses, cold temperatures, slow runs,  treadmill runs, ugly green shorts - none of these matter much in the big picture.

Cool camel picture to start us off today!  That'll be a tough act to follow tomorrow.

Mike, even if your DS Eric gets his drivers license, won't he need a car?   Just want to say you're a good dad -- even if you're a bad project manager...  Wink

6+ shirtless miles on the trails at lunchtime in Cherry Creek State Park.  What's with the global warming?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.