Masters Running

Sunday, 2.5.17 (Read 37 times)

evanflein

Dave, that's the way you're supposed to leave the grandkids, so well done! Also, good job on what sounds like a tough half-marathon. Reminds me of the Manchester Marathon. I knew there were hills, but good grief it was constant up and down.

I ran 7.1 miles today during the game. Legs felt ok and made my goal mileage for the week (45) but as soon as I stopped running and started walking, that heel pain started up again. Dang it (to borrow Mike's term)! I sure don't need this now.

Mariposai

Dave, that's the way you're supposed to leave the grandkids, so well done! Also, good job on what sounds like a tough half-marathon. Reminds me of the Manchester Marathon. I knew there were hills, but good grief it was constant up and down.

I ran 7.1 miles today during the game. Legs felt ok and made my goal mileage for the week (45) but as soon as I stopped running and started walking, that heel pain started up again. Dang it (to borrow Mike's term)! I sure don't need this now.

Sorry to read about your heel pain. Great weekly mile ohh snow queen.

Holly, volunteering at a race will bring your next at a different level and perspective. I wish I have enough money to be able to give my volunteers a t-shirt, that is sooooo cool. Ohh to be a poor, small town Race Director Sad.

The wind is nasty out here tonight. We had a very nasty weekend weather, but today is the worse. I was glad to be able to run 12 before the nasty weather got worse. I am having issues with my bluetooth, so no smile miles.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Marj - I have been worried about Amy.  I hope she recovers quickly and comes back to us.

(((((AAmos))))) What Holly says.

Hang in there TW.

Dave 59, grandkids rock. I forgot that there are hills in northern FL.

DW, DD#1 and her tribe landed Friday. I got home about the same time they did. I did my imitation of the human bounce house for the grandkids. Saturday should have been a rest day. Two miles did me in. Today, not much of anything other than normal household upkeep.

SteveP

mrrun

Dave59 - ditto to what SteveP said.  Henry's youngest is just starting to not cry at 4 when we (or they) leave.  and as they get older I just emailed my 9 yo GS to wear his Brady shirt to school and got an answer of Go Bruins and Go Red Sox!  Yeah for the next generation!