Masters Running

Sunday Feb.28th (Holly one more day!!) daily doings (Read 591 times)

evanflein

Twocat, what a wonderful surprise party your DW threw for you! That's so cool that she got all those people to come and had all those treats brought in. Good for her, and congratulations again to you!

Never heard of 5 Guys... guess that's a good thing, really.

18.1 miles for me and not a step more. I was tempted to struggle through to the goal of 19, but almost slipped and fell in an intersection right before DH's office and decided not to push it. I was so done. My legs were tired from the start. Not sure what's up... my pace was faster than I'd planned, but hard to say really because it was all over the place (several hills both big and small so even pace was not happening). There was more of a wind from the South/SW that I was not expecting. I overheated at first, then got cold in the wind. By the time I finished, my mittens were frozen as was the balaclava around my mouth/chin. Ugh. I can't wait for spring. Even the bright sunshine today couldn't save this run. I felt like I was dragging a tire behind me most of the way. 

Oh, and I thought of Enke on my run! A big black dog came running out at me at about 5.5 miles, snarling and growling, hackles raised. I thought, just  my luck, I could tell the dog lived in a "dump" so the owners were probably poor... If I'm gonna get bit by a dog, it's gonna be a doctor's dog or something like that.  So I turned and yelled at him to go away, and he did, but he came after me as soon as I started up again. Had my heart racing! I so did not need that.

Yowser Erika---tough slogging, but impressive too. You are working hard and have tough conditions---and your mileage is ramping up---all fatigue factors. Good on you for going for it.

Nice long runs Tramps, Holly and others

Dang it Bill, stinks when it doesn't all come together and the evil side stitch can strike at any moment. I am still convinced that the fast a$$ race is right there.

What fun and a great surprise for you Two Cat!

Long run of 20.8 miles for me with a 10 mile race in there---1:12:27 and 11/65 in the 40-49 age group. Very hilly and some muddy ice sections. I am thrilled though---3 minutes faster than the last time I did this and I helped my team hit 5th in the masters category in a very fast field---Boston clubs descended on us.

http://www.coolrunning.com/results/10/ma/Feb28_36thAn_set4.shtml

Mr CNyrunner and the kiddo LOVE Five Guys

if in Massachusetts try Local Burger ranked number one by the Boston Globe or Wild Willy's---run by my BIL

http://www.localnorthampton.com/

http://www.wildwillysburgers.com/watertown.cfm

What a day for hockey and both teams played all out and with heart. Luongo and Miller---amazing!

Mariposai

Erika, my snow queen...you had a splendid run today. A run where most of us would have given up.

Just so everyone knows!!! I have a dream of two things:

1) to run as CNY runner does. When I think of where I want to be as a runner this girl's running keep coming up on my head.

2) to have Mrs. twocat to organize my 80th b-day!!!!

For my alitas:

Yesterday: on the ski hill... great skiing. 15 runs in less than 5 hours, which is my PR run in such lumpy, wet, sticky and cloudy conditions. I did have fun demoing some skis...and I lost my love for my HEAD 150 over an Atomic built for ladies...man...the skis just makes you look like a hero, even in crapy conditions....hummm I just got to find a way to brake the news to DH that we are going to spend almost $500 on these skis....it may never happen...but a ripping chick can dream, right?

Today: the lumpy snow of yesterday did tired out my old body, but I still was able to run 16 glorious miles today in a 50F weather. Of course 10 hours of sleep did help. I was not sure how the run will go, but after chatting on the phone with a friend, my son in Poland and my daddy in my country helped me feel like a ripping chick...Three miles at sub marathon pace made this run sweeter yet and a walk up the hill with my love made it perfect.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

That is sad TomS

Cheeseburgers rock.

Kewl Two Cat

Scary Erika!!!

Ripping Chicks have nice deams and kewl runs

10.5 miles in loose snow. Even with the Yaks, the footing was poor. There wasn't enough time for a 3rd 5 mile loop. We had church, then I had to go to work.

SteveP