Masters Running

Friday - Sox open at home (Read 40 times)

for some reason, that coming from TW is slightly unnerving.

...don't make me Break Out TheClown stumpy//////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wild, great pictures from your 50K.  Tammy, you've got some pretty great neighbors making you a running trail.  NHLA, what a scenic picture of the stream reclamation.

Nice long run for Mike and good job on the speedwork for deez and mari.

This morning, it was in the mid 30s, there was a little wind, and the predicted rain didn't happen until later in the day.  I got in 8 miles at an 11:30 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Jay, have fun in Florida, and Norm, have fun in Arizona!

Happy racing this weekend:

04/05 AamosY - Artis Naples 10k

04/05 Ileneforward - Hollywood half marathon, LA CA

04/05 milktruck - Race the Runways Half, Brunswick ME

04/06 milktruck - Great Bay Half, Newmarket NH

04/06 pfriese - Marathon de Paris, Paris France (ooh la la)

04/06 Holly S. - ORRRC Marathon, Xenia OH

04/06 IBleedUnionBlue - ORRRC 1/2 Marathon, Xenia OH

Paul, how exciting to run in Paris!

Oh boy, and if you and Holly and Carolyn ran Moab, I would so join you.  I ran that one in the past and really, there is no scenery like that except in Moab.  (Also, one of the grocers had a sign asking folks politely please to leave their bicycles outside.  Lots of avid cyclist who truly LOVE their rides!)     Ah,  join you if that's ok.

Absolutely, that's okay!  Moab registration is open, and I was going to ask who wanted to join me this year!  The race is November 8, and the price is $80 through the end of May.  It sells out, but not early.  Who's in?

Here's a picture from last weekend's 50k, taken on the Hunter Rim trail, which is part of the course for the Moab Trail Marathon:

If this doesn't make you want to come run in Moab, I don't know what would!   Unless you like spectators or something...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

...or something flat to step on...

Long daily!  I read through it but it has been a long day at work so this brief response will have to do.  I ran my (last?) 20 mile run of this cycle.  We will see.  My May 4 marathon plan may get derailed by work.  June anybody?  This Sunday I have a HM.  Hilly, which should be good practice for Cincinnati (assuming I can run it).  Not much else to report.  Run on!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

How about Buffalo at the end of May?

The 8" of heavy wet snow over night left a sloppy mess outside so...10 more miles on the treadmill.

I left work, today, with a bunch of work left to do.   My boss, of course, was still there and was telling me that he would be there in the morning.  My hours are 6:30 to 4:30 with a 30 minute lunch....that's 9 1/2 hours every stinkin' day.  If I worked 12 hours every day, 7 days a week, there still would be something not done.  With my commute, I am away from home 12 hours a day.  I get 3 1/2 hours of evening time...and most of that is spent running.  My weekends are very precious to me.  So why am I even thinking about going in tomorrow morning?

Okay--sorry to be such a dang whiner.  I'll just go on to bed.

Hey!  Good luck to everybody racing, this weekend!

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Just a quickie note tonight.  Though, I did read everyone's posts.  10.5 miles this afternoon on the TM..  So far this week 55 miles all on the go nowhere machine watching moves or the history channel.  Heading to Yokosuka, Japan tomorrow morning for two weeks.  So, my running will be all outside whether it be, rain, dry, windy, cloudy, dark, sunshine or a starry moon lite night.  Just about finished with this training cycle. So looking forward to running the Avenue of the Gaints, not to mention the pre-race party and post race party.  Have beer, will travel for food with the possibility of running.

Wishing everyone good running this weekend as I'm flying west again.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

it's enough to make a person want to train if they did.

any animals, reptiles, bugs or anything along the way?

Here's a picture from last weekend's 50k, taken on the Hunter Rim trail, which is part of the course for the Moab Trail Marathon:

If this doesn't make you want to come run in Moab, I don't know what would!   Unless you like spectators or something...

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Meh, sometimes I think that's be awesome to do... sometimes I think like Mike E ("something flat to step on") and Twocat. I'm tired of hills. But, today's run was awesome. Ran out a couple miles on the road behind campus (although I am getting tired of that road), and on the way back met up with a friend's son who I haven't seen in ages. He was running with his dog, and we did a nice easy run back to campus, catching up on lots of things, then I headed south to DH's office and he kept going east to go back home. Nice kid, turned 24 on Groundhog's Day. Nice reminder that it was 24 years since Nordstrom closed their doors here, since his mom and I both worked there.

Gotta finish packing and get ready for my 1:35 a.m. flight. At least I got upgraded to first class. We have such awful departure times on most of our direct flights. I guess that's what we get for being "end of the road." Headed to Memphis for a conference, home late Thursday night.

ETA: today's 5.6 mile run gets me to 31.1 for the week. Tomorrow will be first day off in 18 days. That's a LOT of consecutive days for me. I was thinking today I was feeling kinda tired of running... thinking about it, planning for it, dressing for it, etc. I don't know how "streakers" do it because I would just get burned out. I'll take tomorrow off because I'll be on a plane all day (get in at 6:30 p.m.), and hope to find a place to run at least 9-10 on Sunday to get my minimum 40 for the week.

Mike E

MM #5615

I don't know how "streakers" do it because I would just get burned out. 

I would get cold...and laughed at...

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh, hey!  pfrieze is in Paris!  Good luck Paul!  Have fun!

Marathon Maniac #957

Absolutely, that's okay!  Moab registration is open, and I was going to ask who wanted to join me this year!  The race is November 8, and the price is $80 through the end of May.  It sells out, but not early.  Who's in?

Our Mexico vacation is the week before, so I will not be able to go this year, but I won't rule it out for 2015...

Twocat - keep me posted....

Mike - I, too, have a job that feels like I will never catch up, and it is tempting to think about working late to try, but It is just not worth it.  You have to draw a line somewhere to keep your sanity.

Erika - Enjoy Memphis.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

\ Mike - I, too, have a job that feels like I will never catch up, and it is tempting to think about working late to try, but It is just not worth it.  You have to draw a line somewhere to keep your sanity.

Holly/Mike - don't worry.

One of these days, you'll be retired

and have all the time in the world to do whatever

you want for all the people who think you have nothing to do. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)