Masters Running

"Just Not Enough Time" Wednesday, 1.30.13 (Read 48 times)

C-R

Hey all. Late post with travel and all.

3.1 this morning on the tm at the hotel. Funny part was I got down there at 5:30 and the night manager says its not open to 6. I just looked at him with a bit of a quizzical expression and he shook his head and opened the door. Got home this afternoon had a nice birthday party for the twins and got a 10k for this evening. Legs are tired. The Coppell crew worked me over and I didn't even know it. Smile

Hope those legs get some spring to them soon Ribs. Thanks again. And I did miss the bad weather yesterday. Too many meetings. Also great post. He sounded like an awesome person to have met. We need more Robert's in this world.

Hope the hip get right for ya Jay.

Tramps - you need to attribute if your going to take one of my core workouts. Wink

WTG Twocat.

OM you're becoming a running machine. Its great to see.

One last take from my visit to Dallas. Not only where there about 25 people for a 5:30 am track workout when I drove to the school, I must have seen a group of 40 or so with headlamps going out for other runs. That community is really behind their running. That is great to see. At 5:30 up here your likely to see about 3 or 4 runners.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

What a day, just not enough time for all the things I needed to do today Clown. On top of a busy day I added a board meeting for our county's Community Action Council. It is hard to conduct a meeting I found out, when one is coughing between phrases.

Last night I ran my second tempo run of this training cycle. I did the same progression run again:

one mile at 11, one mile at 10, one mile at 9

then. 3 miles at 8:45

two miles at 9

and

one mile at 8:30 just to make sure that I ran 9 miles Big grin

This early morning: I ran 4 miles in weather pretty foggy and scary, but not as bad as twocat's foggy run. BTW, do you even use a Garmin for running anymore? Can you program SportTracks for say...speed workouts?

OrangeMat, great running for you!

Enkephalin, take care of that knee.

Tramps, thanks for the lesson! I will make sure I don't repeat it.

Tamster, what a great news about David!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I am very ashamed of myself.  I feel like a complete idiot. 

I have been here, now, for almost 2 years...and I really hate to admit it, but...I can't figure out BTDT.  I'm sorry...I'm a failure...

me too but for ten years since Cool Running days with divechief and aamos in the 2004 Seattle Marathon.  However, compared to so many other things, if not everything, about my running, it doesn't make me feel like a complete idiot, ... except when compared to you and everyone else.

Idiots of the world, UNITE!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Idiots of the world, UNITE!

Dyslexics of the world,  UNTIE!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.