Masters Running

So glad it's Friday! 4.15.16 (Read 35 times)

.........but I have to put it on with benzoin or it won't stay if my feet get wet.  One or the other may be worth a try next time . . . once the skin has grown back.

...Good Advice,

how long have you known about Benzoin??......I thought only Old Pharmacists did........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I, too, am so glad it's Friday!  It's my favorite day of the week because I get to look forward to the weekend.  By Saturday, I'm already thinking about having to go back to work the day after tomorrow.  But--it's Friday, now--and I'm going to enjoy it!

I'm glad you can chew again, Holly.

I went 12, today, after work.  I did an easy 1 1/2 miles then did 9 at a tempo pace and finished with 1 1/2 miles at an easy pace.  Total was 12 miles.  The 9 tempo miles were tough...tougher than I expected them to be...but I got through them.

Hey, good luck to all the racers this weekend and to all the Boston runners!  Hmmm...I think I'll go start a Boston thread so you guys can give us your numbers so we can follow along and cheer you all on from our work desks.

Okay--see you over in the Boston thread.

Hey Friends!!

My run this morning was pretty amazing ....first, I don't always run 2 days in a row, but felt compelled to run in Boston this morning for One Boston Day. I wasn't really focused initially on it being the 3 year anniversary from the bombing, but I knew I needed that run. I often only have time for 3-3.5 miles before work on a weekday, but today I felt driven to run 4 - later wondered if subconsciously I was thinking of the 4 lives we lost in that tragedy. It was a brisk morning and I ran right across the finish line, under the arch and up around the Public Gardens then back to Fenway garage. Walked a mile to work for a cool down.

Lots of thoughtful posts today here and on FB.

Happy Birthday Amy - can't wait to see you Sunday!! Are you staying at the same place as last year?

Tammy - glad you are doing better

Slo - hope you figure out that hip pain

OrangeMat is running Boston as well - we'll see her on Sunday at Robin's!!

I was the "baby nurse" today which means I go to all the deliveries and help once the baby is born!! What a crazy day we had!!  We had 6 scheduled c-sections, I think 4 or 5 added on and only 3 vaginal deliveries which I couldn't get to because I was helping in the OR's so someone else jumped in to help with those. Lots of new babies today and our NICU is saying no more preemies r problem babies!!

Have a great weekend my friends!!

denise

evanflein

Yay Holly for new teeth! I tell ya, having good teeth is something you take for granted. Ever since I started having cracking problems (night grinder) and getting crowns, I've really been aware of my teeth. Any slight soreness, ache or whatever has me all freaked out. I've got another couple of months before I get my post or whatever they call it, then a couple more months to get the crown. Maybe by Christmas!

What an active day on the maternity ward, Deez! Wow... what's the normal number of babies on any given day? Seems like you usually mention twos or threes. Have fun with the Boston-bound this weekend!

Happy Birthday Amy! I didn't realize it was your birthday, hope you have a blast in Boston!

Got out for 5.2 miles today. Mostly ok but dang that NW wind was annoying. Makes my eyes water so much! When it was a tailwind it was really really nice out there. Headwind, not so much.

SteveP

p.s.--

Hey out there, all youse superheroes!  Look what we have going on April 23, in Naples, just south of FM:

I love Naples.

I hope your Birthday has been greta, Amy.

Tet, If I were running in GS land, I'd be less interested in getting a picture of a wild bear. I was watching an old, early filming era,  documentary where a mouse was threatened by a bear. The mouse shoved it's white gloved hand down the bear's throat. Grabbed it's tail. Then turned the bear inside out. No worries.

Yay, Holly!!! Personally, I think you deserve a crown of some type.

SteveP