Masters Running

Wednesdaily 11/27 (Read 40 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Starr—I am so sorry to hear about your husband.  I agree with Holly—you really are a sweet person and you don’t deserve what you’ve been going through.  I will keep you in my prayers.

This has been a week from...well, you know.  Has it really only been 3 days?  I have just been completely beaten up at work.  I really am not very good at it. I’m lucky I have nice bosses.

I only got about 4 hours of sleep, last night, because I was so worried about my latest screw up, then we got hit with a snow storm that I had to dig out from.  The spring on our garage door broke yesterday and my Mustang’s battery was dead so the repairman couldn’t fix it, so I had to deal with that so he could come back, today.  I had a dentist appointment at 8:15, this morning, and the dentist never showed up so I had to reschedule for next week.  Then I had to deal with everything at work and, by the time I got home, I just wanted to crawl in bed and never come out.  But, it was a tempo day, so I did 6 miles of temp at a 6:44 average pace...1.5 miles of warmup and 1.5 miles of cool down gave me 9 miles for the day.  It made me feel better.

Every time it said 'lengthen your vessel' 

Oh, if only I could...

Okay—I have to get up at 5:00 to help prepare the turkey and get ready for 30 some people invading our house tomorrow.  See ya!

Mikw- geez.  What a day!  It must be contagious!  Our garage door spring broke a week or so ago and we had a car with a dead battery int he garage, too.  Ken was able to jump it and get it out of the garage, though, so the guy could fix the spring.  I spent 10 years as a lawyer for Overhead Door (the company that invented the upward acting garage door and owns Genie, too) defending garage door cases.  One thing I learned was to never work on those springs yourself!  I have stories.....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, if only I could...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."