Masters Running

6.16.18 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin'.

3.8 carpy 'just couldn't get into it' RW miles.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...Way to Play it Safe on The Date jay.......

===========

....40-min PoolRun with letters....

Remember

when your Track Coach made you ''Sprint the Straights and Walk the Turns'' at practice??

for some reason

I was thinking of that

and

doubled the steps-cadence  in the deep water,

and

pushed more against the shallows when I was Running in it

DEFINITELY hit Oxygen Debt (I only breathe thru my nose PoolRunning)

it was Great//////

if something doesn't hurt by tonite

I have

my New Work-Out Routine for,,,,er,,,,THE REST OF MY LIFE.................ohboyohboy

............Good Running to Ya..................Try Something New in your work-out.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

pfriese

Slept in a bit & paid the price with added heat & humidity for this morning's 7.3 mile run.

Paul

.....ps...........sorry, I forgot........

OTHER GOOD NEWS-

Pickles went to her Doc........her numbers have actually dropped a little bit

I had her

ask about Car-T therapy

(an 80% success rate with a Childhood Leukemia

and

a different Adult Leukemia which runs $400,000 per year just got covered on Medicare)

he said

they were working with it, and she would be a candidate ..........THIS IS HUGE.....

here's

the info if anyone needs to read about it

for Someone you Love

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimeric_antigen_receptor

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Quickadder

12.6 hot and steamy miles to start the day. Now to hydrate, hydrate and hydrate.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

8.2 miles-  longest since March 31.  Butt injury not bad at all until sitting in the truck driving back home.  It was definitely hot and humid, but I had a lot of shade, which helps tremendously.  I didn't look at my splits and tried to keep it slow.  HR was higher than I wanted on the return 4 miles, but heat and hills added to that.  Glad to get this done!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

TomWhite - YAY!

C-R - Happy Anniversary!

Leslie - bummer, but it sounds like the right call.

4.6 miles for me this morning in 78 degrees.

https://www.celticfestohio.com/

Heading off to the Celtic Festival, which should be fun.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

bioguy

We had the apbio fun run/ walk this morning at 6:09am. Bit over a mile course and nice free tech shirts for finishing.

graded 174 essays so far today.

tailwinds!

C-R

Hey all.

Good news tom!

Good run Karen.

Hot here too. Walked 18 holes this morning and ran 10 just before lunch. Yeah that was smart.

Now for the Father's day family get together at our house.

Have a good one.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TammyinGP

Great to hear that news tom!

3 morning miles for me, then more food prep for David's party today.  Probably expecting around 30 people. I am beginning to doubt if I have enough food.

Tammy

Great news, Tom!!  I heard not too long ago that most people file bankruptcy after cancer treatments because it's so unbelievably expensive.  Fantastic that Medicare will cover the cost now.

Tammy - Precut up everything.  It goes farther.

KSA - What exactly is you butt issue, if you don't mind me asking.  My high hamstring tendinopathy plus a sciatic nerve issue that starts in the middle of my right butt cheek and goes down and into the - eh hem - crotch area.

No running, but The Hub and I got some much needed yard work done and a butt load of flowers planted in pots.  Should be looking halfway decent in about 3 weeks.

Crabs baseball tonight.  They played in Redding Wed and Thurs.  Thursday's game went 20 innings with the Crabs finally winning by 2.  Glad we weren't at that game!

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Leslie-  The upper leg/butt thing has moved around.  It started around April 1 around my upper leg- front and back and didn’t hurt much but really tied up my leg and it felt weak- like a nerve thing.  I have a good sports doc and he really worked on it and I’ve done dry needling.  It got better and then really bad and moved into my butt.  I had to end my streak on May 14 because I simply couldn’t run.  After 6 days off it was a lot better and I could definitely run.  Sitting in the car seems to be the worst.  Now it is really centered in the crease where my butt meets to upper leg.  Running doesn’t feel very bad at all-  I can feel it a little but it’s not pain.   I am doing bridges and some abdominal exercises.  It feels a little tender on the butt bone.  I had an X-ray and nothing is fractured, plus it let me jump up and down on it which usually means no fracture.  Doc thinks it is some sort of strain and not sciatica.   It’s strange how it sort of moved around.   I suspect if I stopped running entirely it would help, but it doesn’t make it worse to run and I keep hoping it will clear up.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth