Masters Running

Soggy Sunday 10/2 (Read 34 times)

Wow Holly, that's not the same 5 year old riding around on her bike in her cowboy boots is it?

Luckily my DD has no interest in boys, homecoming dances or wearing dresses, yet.  She's definitely a geek - going to robotics club now.

Waiting for Jeanne's report......

Jay, how cool to join the pack of runners, then peel off to your house!

I went out with intentions of 14 trail miles.  I had momentary knee pain at mile 9, and decided 10 was enough - I am supposed to be tapering right?  Felt good to end the run before I felt trashed - I can save that feeling for next Sunday at Portland!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Enke,  I remember that picture of Holly's DD!

Holly, well done on your DD's hair!  The girls all look great, but how on earth do they dance, or even walk, in those shoes?

Jay, nice job jumping in with a race going right past your door!

Hope Jlynne had a good tough mudder with her family!  Those look tough, but I guess if you have the right team, it could be fun.

I had a beautiful run with my Dirt Divas running sisters today - 20 miles previewing the course of a 50k we're running in 2 weeks.  I've been there before but some of the women hadn't.  Nice fall colors, but lots of elevation gain/loss, so I'm tired now!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Beautiful DD holly.
        No wonder.

Ran with the Fishes 5K today that I finished in 30:15 in 2013 when I turned 70 and 33:07 in 2014 (and missed last year while at the Portland Marathon with the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club) so expected at least to be in the 36-minute range in today’s 2016 edition but am ecstatic about a 33:08! which, at 10:42m/m would be a 4:40 down in Portland next week. Why not? After all it was a 4:30:05 in 2006 (10:19m/m) , . . . except what a difference ten years makes as, if it’s like today, I’d hardly be able to walk after a first 5K at that pace as I’m still wobbling around from the morning’s effort.  whew.

ps - I thought the mudders were for the summer.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Stunning pictures of our sweet girl! Holly, can't wait to give you a big mariposa hug on Friday.

Lori, you have my heart!!! Cleaning trails...way to go girl.

Well, life is winding down at the posai household now. My two sons came over for the Autumn Leaf run. I can't believe I have been the RD for this race for 15 years. Great event, regardless the fact that I did not have enough volunteers to help me out.

11 miles on the books and next long run will be Portland.  I am looking at a 4:40 finish time at this point, which will be a 20 minutes faster of my first marathon and first time on this race. Regardless, I will have a course PR Smile.

Rosh Hashanah to all my Jewish friends here.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

ps - I thought the mudders were for the summer.

That's what we all thought! When we signed up last year, we never dreamed they would push the race date back to October 2. It was cold and wet. The sun finally came out about a half mile from the finish. For like 2 minutes.

I survived. 4 hours, 12 miles, 22 obstacles. Mud on most of the course that was ankle deep trying to get up and down hills, over exposed tree roots and rocks. I can't say enough kind things about my team mates for helping "the old lady" navigate the course. Will post a separate report tomorrow. I'm going to bed!

evanflein

Wow, Jlynne wins the tough runner award this weekend, for sure! Can't wait to hear all about it. We're all in awe.

Holly, your DD has certainly grown up. And I agree you did a great job on her hair. No boys at all? They'll probably have more fun than those with dates! And yes, good to pull back today on your run. You (and Enke) don't need to get injured the week before the race! Rest up now and take care of those knees (both of you!).

Nice job, Mariposai. And nice to have your boys there with you. That's a long time to be doing that RD job! And that's only one of the races you do, right?

Nice job to you, too, Tet! Sounds like you found a second gear for these races? Have fun at Portland!

I had such a good run today! Probably helps that I just lazed about this morning and didn't do any yard work, even though it was on the To Do list. Good steady pacing, really only stopped for traffic and lights (4 minutes total stop time), and felt good at the end. Woot! 11.4 miles at 8:25 avg pace, gets me to 40.4 miles for the week. Last run of any significance before Hartford. We leave late Wednesday afternoon and should show up at LaTortuga's door by 11 a.m. if not sooner (depending on the T, I guess). Can't wait!

SteveP

Holy Tenacious Tenderfoot Jlynne.

Erika & Holly, Tag's vest did have reflective yellow stripes. Is blaze orange one is in need of repair or replacement. It's becoming slightly challenging to get the shirts on the guy. He's still game for it. Just not as spry. We generally go where it would be near impossible to carry a 160 lb, dressed out deer to a vehicle.

Those kids are gorgeous.

Wow Holly, that's not the same 5 year old riding around on her bike in her cowboy boots is it?

Tet!! Very cool!!!

Rebuilt the plumbing discharge from under the kitchen sink to the main drain. Another "You gotta be kidding"  project. In our area, the discharge pipes are supposed to slope downward one inch for every ten feet to the main system. I got into the ceiling under the sink and discovered that ours did the opposite. I'm not sure who was thinking what, but water doesn't flow up hill. The friend at the hardware store indicated that he'd see me in 5 minutes for more parts. Thankfully, he was mistaken.

A local AFC has a monthly pancake breakfast. This place is so very cool. DW and I stopped before Church. A gentleman said, "Aren't you the guy with the dog?". He was going on how they want to host a 5K through their property and he'd appreciate our input. Asked if I'd measure the course.

After Church, I went to work. It may have been a god thing. Someone left the coffee pot on since Saturday afternoon.

SteveP