Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING AND X-TRAINING w/e 08/26 (Read 395 times)

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm. (Mike Tyson)

I think I may use that quote for myself for awhile - "It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

prfriese - 34.5 miles running, 3.4 miles swimming

Dutchie - 3.2 km running, UB 2x, LB 1x, Cardio 2x, Abs 4x

Evanflein - 64.5 miles running, about 2.5 miles walking -Nice mileage!!

Opie - 38.3 miles running

Shadowrunner - 41.4 miles running, 50 mins UB, 260 push-ups, 230 crunches, 20 pull-ups, 20 bicycle crunches, 100 side crunches

OrangeMat - 42.83 miles running, 50 min biking, 1x yoga, 3 hrs hiking

fatozzig - 30.15 miles running, 2 hours core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

DAY

PLANNED RUNNING CORE/STRENGTH TRAINING COMMENTS
      Mon Core/UB Strength    50 min A good workout
      Tues 6 Miles 6 miles w/hill work   Felt good
      Wed 4 Miles 4 miles 45 min With some speed work due to the urgency of needing a bathroom
      Thurs 5 Miles w/2 Tempo Miles  5 miles   Mile 3, first tempo mile at 9:02.  Yea!! Mile 4, second tempo mile, Garmin lost satellite.  However, I believe it was around the same pace.  Yea!
      Fri Core/UB Strength      Took a rest day
      Sat 8-9 Trail Miles 8 miles    
      Sun 14 Trail Miles 15 miles    
      Total   38 miles 95 min  

My new schedule with my new coach.  Like the previous coach, I'm having to figure out where to incorporate my strength training time.  Monday and Friday are suppose to be rest days, but if I did my regular Tues/Thurs thing, I'd have to get up an hour earlier to fit it all in before.

Also, have to switch my long run days on the weekend as our church is having a "Clean Up the Neighborhood" work day.  And I have to bake cookies.  Not sure why I volunteered to do that since I haven't baked cookies in years.  It could be ugly . . .

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I'm sure they will appreciate the cookies.  Here are my coach's notes:

Monday...4 very easy/6 strides.............................................................................................................................................done-4.33
        Tues...2 miles warm up, 3 sets of 2 minutes easy, 2 minutes medium, 2 minutes quick, 2 miles cool down...done-5.96
        Wednesday...easy 6 miles..................................................................................................................................Pilates class + 6
        Thursday...easy 5 miles/6 strides.....................................................................................................done-5.36-strides really fast!
        Friday...Cross Training for 1hr or rest....................................................................................................bike ride about 12.5 miles
        Saturday...5 easy/6 strides.................................................................................................................5k race so with w/u & c/d 5.63
        Sunday...easy 12 /pick up the last 4 miles......................................................................................................................done-12

Total..............about 40.........................................................................................................................................................done-39.28

mta-OM, I just saw your joke.  Good one.  He's from Ireland so I'm sure his recipe would involve Irish whiskey!  Glad you got a yoga class in already this week.  After my race Saturday was the perfect time for my class.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

I stopped baking cookies years ago when I realized I was the main consumer of said cookies. Probably wouldn't remember how to do it now!

Step back week for me with a 5k trail race on Saturday.

Monday: Rest day, with a 1.3 mile walk at lunchtime

Tuesday: 6.3 miles run, .4 mile walk

Wednesday: 5.7 miles run, .4 mile walk

Thursday: .8 mile warm up (just ran down the hill from my office), 9 mile training run on the Equinox course, miles 17.2 to the end, .4 mile c/d; .3 mile walk

Friday: Rest Day (too smoky out to run or whatever!)

Saturday: 5k trail race (24:04), and 4.4 mile run home for 7.5 miles total

Sunday: 16.1 miles run on the Equinox course, unmeasured walk back to the truck

Totals: 45.9 miles run, 1.1+ miles walked

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I'm sure they will appreciate the cookies.  Here are my coach's notes:

And here I was expecting a cookie recipe to follow!

Ludicrous cookies, Leslie, that's what you should bake. Yeah, that's the ticket...

I get my plan for the week on Tuesdays, when I meet with my coach. Driving my daughter up to college Wednesday, staying over and returning Thursday, so I'm not sure how my week's activities will pan out. Long run of only 14 miles this weekend, woohoo!

day plan actual comments
            Monday run 4, yoga 4 miles, yoga  
            Tuesday track 6.9 miles  
            Wednesday run 4 4 miles  
            Thursday rest rest installed DD at college
            Friday run 6 6 miles  
            Saturday rest rest  
            Sunday run 14 14 miles  
            totals ~35 miles 34.9 miles, 1x yoga  

U.M.W.B

Hello Everybody! is it ok if I jump back in here?

( Ok maybe jump is to strong of a word, how about step gingerly? Smile)

Monday : 1 hr physical therapy, 2.5 mile walk around lake.

Tuesday : 45 minutes on Elliptical, 1/2 mile swim

Wednesday! 1 hr physical therapy, 2.5 mile walk around lake

Thursday: Mt Bike: 13 hill miles at reservoir.

Friday:       Rest

Saturday: MT. Bike 13 miles,  Walk: 2.5 miles

Sunday:    Push ups: 30, sit ups: 50, leg curls: 60  1 hr on Bicycle trainer.

U.M.W.B

evanflein

Hey Jim! I was just wondering how you were doing! Good job on the rehab/recovery!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hey Jim! I was just wondering how you were doing! Good job on the rehab/recovery!

Same here! Glad to see you here again. Smile

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

sounding like great progress, Jim.  Keep up the good work, and hope to see some of this running stuff mentioned not too far into the future.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Jim is walking!!  Woo Hoo!! That deserves some dancing banana. 

On the cookie front - the first batch turned out great!  And I was so proud of how well they were turning out that halfway through cooking them I decided to do another batch.  . . . . . that batch ended up in the trash can.  Note to Self:  When the recipe says the butter needs to be room temp/ softened, it means it.  I didn't let the butter warm up enough for the 2nd batch and it didn't come together - at all.

And speaking of cookies - my friend, Sheryl, came by while I was in with a client and dropped off four of her fair blue ribbon chocolate chip cookies.  I'm staring at them now, wishing I had a nice big glass of ice cold milk to go with them.  YUM!

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - 2000m swimming

T - 5.2 mile run (am), 21 mile bike ride (pm)

W - 1250m swimming followed by 5 mile run

Th - 7.2 mile run 

F - nothin'

Sa - 5K race with 1 mile warm up. Very slow H&H race, but still 1AG

Su - 14 mile run

Total - 35.5 miles running, 21 miles biking, & 2 miles swimming

Paul

U.M.W.B

Thank you for the Good wishes! I have to say its awesome to be able to get out there and start exercising again! I'm sure it'll be a few more months before I'm able to try and start running again, I put 15 lbs on while layed up in the chair ( My Daughter kept feeding me frozen peanut butter cups, its her fault! Wink ) So hopefully I'll start dropping some weight soon.

U.M.W.B

#artbydmcbride

Here is my plan

Monday - track work-out 4 X 600m, 400m, 200m, then 2 X 200m hard, and cool down (6 miles)

Tuesday - Hill workout, Signal hillzz(5 miles)

Wednesday - easy run with club (6 miles)

Thursday - tempo run with other club  (6 miles)

Friday - easy run in park (5 miles)

Saturday - marathon training (20 miles)

Sunday - recovery trail run (5 miles)

Labor day: race on a bridge

Runners run

evanflein

Ilene! Post this on this week's thread! This is from last week. We'd love to have you!